Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #1171
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Probably been posted, but cbf looking.
******* that cant turn their lights on at night.
And when it so foggy that that visibility is severely reduced, some drivers seem to thing headlights are optional because it is the day time
These same drivers also fail to drive to those conditions and don't reduce speed.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #1172
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Ya know what I hate, bloody Telstra, who are lying, thieving bastids that are gouging everyone in my town and district for their internet but lie through their teeth about the availability of ADSL2 in our local exchange and tell every other provider that it's not available and that our lines are incompatible so we can only have ADSL at 1.5k, and if we switch we can't take our number with us either, even though right now I'm on ADSL2 at 8k. They also tell me that there is line congestion whenever I complain about inconsistent speeds even though the last tech who I had here told me there was all of 35 customers connected at our exchange; which I also don't believe as there would barely be that many houses within range of the exchange let alone all of them online. I know this because the exchange is right outside my back door and most of the houses around here are occupied by old farmers and retired couples.

BLOODY TELSTRA!

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #1173
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Look up the local officeworks to see when they close. Google tells me they are shut Sat and Sun. Hmm that doesn't sound right, let's call em. Phone message tells me the number is disconnected. Hmmm

Go to my brother's place and drive past the place, open and full of customers.

Go in, buy my stuff and catch the store manager on the way out.

"Mate, the net says you are shut on the weekend and the number is wrong" his reply?

"Yeah, been like that for months"...

Righty oh then...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #1174
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Ya know what I hate, bloody Telstra, who are lying, thieving bastids that are gouging everyone in my town and district for their internet but lie through their teeth about the availability of ADSL2 in our local exchange and tell every other provider that it's not available and that our lines are incompatible so we can only have ADSL at 1.5k, and if we switch we can't take our number with us either, even though right now I'm on ADSL2 at 8k. They also tell me that there is line congestion whenever I complain about inconsistent speeds even though the last tech who I had here told me there was all of 35 customers connected at our exchange; which I also don't believe as there would barely be that many houses within range of the exchange let alone all of them online. I know this because the exchange is right outside my back door and most of the houses around here are occupied by old farmers and retired couples.

BLOODY TELSTRA!
Mate I'm hearing. You back in April I had good solid internet (ADSL 2+) when I got home from work I had nothing, and in that day the NBN Co had dug up my nature strip and left and excavator blocking my second drive. I figured it was Easter long weekend, they probably new they stuffed it I was going away, so I'll worry about it when I get back if it's not fixed.

I got back on April 24th and logged a fault, they told me to turn my modem off and restart it (please like that wasn't the first thing I did) then to take the phone out of the system and tell them what lights were on my modem. They then told me the line was testing fine and it must be between the boundary line and my house and my problem, I said nothing has changed except the NBN excavations which happened at the exact same time as this fault.they told me this couldn't be the case. They then said they would send some one out but I would have to pay if it wasn't a Telstra problem (what ever), they guy came the internet was working when he arrived but he admitted it was slow. He said he would keep looking to it and gave me his card to call when it drops out, Which I did then on Mother's Day morning some one from India calls me, tells me they have found a fault with the exchange and to please be patient it would take some time to fix, so I stoped calling (Internet up for intervals between 2 and 20mins at a time) 2weeks later I rang to find out what's going on and was told the job had been closed,they then wanted me to restart my modem then take the phone out of the system, then said they would have to send a tech and that if it were at my end I would have to pay, this tech never arrived because they closed the job as soon a the call ended, so we repeated the process again including the ******* modem tests but this time the tick arived and found an earthing problem, he figured the best place to start was the trench the. NBN co had dug and what do you think he found? A cut line with a truck load of duct tape wrapped around it.

He arranged for a contractor to come and replace the line and left a hole in my 2nd drive with hi Vis barricades around it, 3 weeks later the holes still there the barricades are still there and nothing's been done and no ones contacted me to arrange access to the property for the new trench and line, so I ring to find out what's going on, yea they don't want to know because the jobs been ******* closed again and they want me to restart my ******* modem then to take the ******* phone out of the system.

Finally they see they'll have to send a tech to see what's wrong and if he problem is at my end I will have to pay. I lost my ****. I went to the tellicomunications ombudsman and my local member. I then got a call back from my Telstra to organise access so finally on the 7th of July my line got replaced

A week later my Telstra faults case manager rang me to organise for some one to get access to my property to replace the damaged line

I just hung up

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #1175
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah l can sympathise with the telstra thing aye go back a page to see the crap we had to put up with, it was insane made my dad went totally off his head at them, and he has never done that.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #1176
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah Telstra - the one business that everyone has a ***** about and usually deservedly so.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #1177
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I had problems with telstra from day dot, firstly the plan we signed up on was giving us a FREE T box....Nope first bill $11 charge for the T box called them and got refunded and rid of the T box, not to mention there was supposedly a cooling off period to change or get out of the contract. Nope that wasn't valid either due to such and such....Suffice to say ended up staying with them two years because CBF changing and they gave us some freebies!

But its funny how quickly you speak to an Australian and how nice they are when you mention that great word 'ombudsman'. The problem I have found with 90% of foreign call centres is they are reading from a pre written sheet and have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on, you call a few times and end up with 3 answers. Don't even get me started on TPG....goddamn!

Long story short I somehow ended up with $150 refund for an overpayment that we didn't pay....I took it as a 'stress payment' for being with telstra for two years and went laughing to the bank.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #1178
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Tools that change lanes on highways without looking properly and cutting me off with only 2 metres from the front off my car. Blink and go is not how to do it.I Had to brake while giving a little toot. No oh **** sorry wave. Got the bloody bird flip. Ffs feel like not braking and pit manouvring turds sometimes. Got the bird again as I went passed. Grr

No I was not in the fast lane being a hog. I was in slow lane and captain kaos decided the lane he was in was exiting in half a klm and panicked

Also people that pass you on the highway and pull back in witin 10-15 metre. Thats my braking zone . Grr

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline

Last edited by Marquis; 20-07-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: off not of
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #1179
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why do folks walk up the centre of the road and expect motorists to go around them????

but I had a laugh this morning, raining and big puddles everywhere, young ferals, dodging school and buggerising around with someones letterbox they have no right to, Old Poppa spied a big juicy puddle right next to the young buggers.

yep! cowabunga Dude 50 KPH straight through the 6" deep X 4' long stretch of water........surf's up grommets, wipe out with a big gnarly breaker right over the lot of them.......looked like drowned rats.

I don't reckon you'd get the smile off my face with a wire brush for a week to come........yeah! I know, cruel, probably uncalled for, but bloody funny......us old fellers have got to find some way to amuse ourselves don't we???

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #1180
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
why do folks walk up the centre of the road and expect motorists to go around them????

but I had a laugh this morning, raining and big puddles everywhere, young ferals, dodging school and buggerising around with someones letterbox they have no right to, Old Poppa spied a big juicy puddle right next to the young buggers.

yep! cowabunga Dude 50 KPH straight through the 6" deep X 4' long stretch of water........surf's up grommets, wipe out with a big gnarly breaker right over the lot of them.......looked like drowned rats.

I don't reckon you'd get the smile off my face with a wire brush for a week to come........yeah! I know, cruel, probably uncalled for, but bloody funny......us old fellers have got to find some way to amuse ourselves don't we???
You're a dead set ratbag!
Wouldn't happen here, not enough rain to make puddles!
Old 23-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #1181
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

I hate it when I want to go outside and my thongs are pointing away from the door ( I just step out of them when I come in). It means I have to turn around 180 degrees to put them on then another 180 degrees to go out the door. That is a whole 360 degrees of wasted effort.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #1182
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
I hate it when I want to go outside and my thongs are pointing away from the door ( I just step out of them when I come in). It means I have to turn around 180 degrees to put them on then another 180 degrees to go out the door. That is a whole 360 degrees of wasted effort.
Anyone who is silly enough to wear thongs in the middle of Winter deserves the extra effort
Old 23-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #1183
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
You're a dead set ratbag!
Wouldn't happen here, not enough rain to make puddles!
We are in the middle of the dry season but it is one of the Joys of the "Wet" season in the tropics. Only difference is we used to delibrately wait for the cars to splash us. Most would drive around the puddles but God bless those local truck delivery drivers. WAhooo

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #1184
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
Have two pairs of thongs sitting at the doorway, one facing in and the other facing out, that way you won't need to rotate and there will always be a pair facing the right direction. Think about it!

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #1185
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Have two pairs of thongs sitting at the doorway, one facing in and the other facing out, that way you won't need to rotate and there will always be a pair facing the right direction. Think about it!

Cheers Vincenzo
that'd be too confusing for me, wouldn't be able to decide which pair to wear. (that'd be my feminine side coming out)

I remember I put my boots on the wrong feet one day, couldn't work out why the hell my feet were so damn sore.

things aren't looking too good on the rain front for upper NSW and central QLD, lot of crops are going to be lost.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 23-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #1186
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Maybe an opportunity for a new Aussie invention right there?
Double ended thongs!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #1187
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HATE dealing with the government. The imbecilety is institutionalised, and the gormless drones just shrug their shoulders at it.
My daughter wants to get her Learners permit. For this she requires a Birth Certificate. As she is 16 she can get a her own Birth Certificate.
In order to get her Birth Certificate, she needs to provide 3 forms of identification, including a Drivers Licence and her Birth Certificate.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #1188
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

That's not what's required Dazz. It's two of the options.
http://www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au/I/ide...uirements.aspx
I've done this a few times now (I've got four copies of my birth cert floating round the house - including both the original and extract issued at my birth), and it's generally the same ID requirements for anything.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #1189
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
HATE dealing with the government. The imbecilety is institutionalised, and the gormless drones just shrug their shoulders at it.
My daughter wants to get her Learners permit. For this she requires a Birth Certificate. As she is 16 she can get a her own Birth Certificate.
In order to get her Birth Certificate, she needs to provide 3 forms of identification, including a Drivers Licence and her Birth Certificate.
Reminds me of the Indian visa paperwork. "Visa isn't guaranteed so don't buy your flights till you have your visa".. and on the visa paperwork you need to supply flight details...

Old 27-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #1190
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

You walk into an empty public toilet.. go to one of the least filthy cubicles. All the rest have all sorts of filth all over the bowl, the seat and the floor.

While you are standing and doing the balancing act trying to not touch anything the toilet becomes full. You open the door to exit and see a guy waiting... he looks at the toilet, the floor, the bowl and seat and then glances at you with daggers in his eyes.. you can see him thinking "animal"....

I hate that!

Old 28-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #1191
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
That's not what's required Dazz. It's two of the options.
http://www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au/I/ide...uirements.aspx
I've done this a few times now (I've got four copies of my birth cert floating round the house - including both the original and extract issued at my birth), and it's generally the same ID requirements for anything.
As she is 16, she can get her own Birth Certificate. She MUST provide THREE forms of ID, INCLUDING PHOTO ID, from a combination of 3 lists.
Helpful suggestions for photo ID include:
Passport - need Birth Certificate to get that
Drivers Licence - need Birth Certificate
Firearm licence - ditto
Police Force ID
DIAC Certificate - which you can only get if you were NOT born here!!!
Over 18 Proof of age card - requires Birth Certificate and she is 16
Learners Permit - Thats why she needs the feckin Birth Certificate

Point is they claim she can get her own, but is actually impossible.
So I will have to go as her parent.

It really peeves me off that the governments response to issues of identity theft and security is simply to add more bureaucracy, which as the saying goes, will only stop honest criminals.
Old 28-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #1192
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Reminds me of the Indian visa paperwork. "Visa isn't guaranteed so don't buy your flights till you have your visa".. and on the visa paperwork you need to supply flight details...
If travelling to Viet Nam, don't make the mistake my inlaws did and think that you can apply for a "Visa on Arrival" on arrival.
Requests for a "Visa on Arrival" must be approved before you travel.
Old 28-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #1193
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm parting out a couple of cars, and most people are extremely grateful that I would rather sell parts dirt cheap (and even give some away) than see them sold for scrap.
But there is always that small percentage that just have to whinge and not only want something for nothing, but expect me to work to give it to them.
For large items, that are really only suitable for local sale, I invite people to come and remove it themselves for a very low price. Again, most people see this as a win-win. Anyone swapping the parts on their own car needs to have the tools and knowledge anyway. Plus, that way, when somebody says they're coming but doesn't front up, I'm not too put out.
At the end of the day, I'm not going to spend two hours on my back to wrangle out a part and then sell it for a fraction of its value.
Old 28-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #1194
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Currently looking for a room to live in on the gold coast, and you look at an advert for a place that ticks all the boxes you start reading through the whole listing, then right at the bottom of the listing they say something along the lines of "room only available to female/indian/japanese/yada yada yada" really peeves me off when ever l have advertised a room l say necessary things in the first sentence but nope majority out there put it down as the last thing like its an after thought. witch really annoys the **** outta me!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #1195
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
As she is 16, she can get her own Birth Certificate. She MUST provide THREE forms of ID, INCLUDING PHOTO ID, from a combination of 3 lists.
Helpful suggestions for photo ID include:
Passport - need Birth Certificate to get that
Drivers Licence - need Birth Certificate
Firearm licence - ditto
Police Force ID
DIAC Certificate - which you can only get if you were NOT born here!!!
Over 18 Proof of age card - requires Birth Certificate and she is 16
Learners Permit - Thats why she needs the feckin Birth Certificate

Point is they claim she can get her own, but is actually impossible.
So I will have to go as her parent.

It really peeves me off that the governments response to issues of identity theft and security is simply to add more bureaucracy, which as the saying goes, will only stop honest criminals.

Read the link before having a fit :

Identification requirements

If you are applying for a certificate or a change of name or a correction, you must provide at least three forms of identification:

ONE document from each list (1, 2 and 3). At least one containing a photograph; or
ONE from List 1 and TWO from List 2. At least one containing a photograph; or
TWO from List 2 and ONE from List 3. At least one containing a signature

Your last option there means no photo ID required.
Like I said, I've done this numerous times,and it's not that different state to state. If you're being told otherwise, tell them to look at their own website. It's not impossible to get your birth certificate without a photo ID and your birth certificate. Nowhere on that page, does it say you must have photo ID.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #1196
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
KFC forget to salt your chips. Capital punishment should be re-introduced for this.
kfc that forget your wet wipes
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #1197
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Ya know what I hate......McDonalds. I can't think of one thing about their food that is in any way appealing.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 29-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #1198
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to enjoy a "whopper".......takes "two hands" and all that.........bought one a few years back, half the size and it was dreadful.

bight the top and it all runs out the bottom........some memories should be simply left as "memories".

Old 29-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #1199
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Ya know what I hate......McDonalds. I can't think of one thing about their food that is in any way appealing.
Hmm, well you don't want to hear what I had for dinner last night then
Old 29-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #1200
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Yup, I remember when a Whopper was on a 7" bun and had a huge slab of meat that would fill you up. Now it's a 5" bun and a skinny anaemic bit of meat and one slice of tomato, 2 slices of pickle and some lettuce; a mere shadow of it's former self. I used to love Hungry Jacks and having a whopper was a treat but these days I just drive on by and mourn over what used to be.

A couple of years ago I remember reading a post from some guy on a forum somewhere that had a cheese burger from Maccas sitting on a shelf in his garage, still wrapped up, from 1986 or something and the bloody thing had that many preservatives in it that it still looked like it did the day he bought it, there was a picture and everything. That right there should tell you all you need to know about maccas.

MINE- AUII Forte