Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #1201
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Hah! Hah! Hah! I heard similar before about the preservatives in fast food.......I guess if we ate nothing but the rubbish they dish out our bodies would never decompose.

the tucker itself isn't too bad but the mayonnaise and dressings are way overboard and make the bloody thing impossible to eat.

we went into a Macafe a while back for a quiet cuppa........yeah! right, right next to the kiddies ginormous plastic plaything with a party of about 15 going on.......couldnt hear myself think never lone the state of the tables.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #1202
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The only time I ever go near a maccas is if it's the nearest toilet or to go to the drive through and get a 50c soft serve to shut my kids up in the middle of a long drive. My missus will take the kids there when I'm not with them for a kids meal or snack box or whatever they call them but the kids know not to even bother asking if dads' there because they know I hate the place.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #1203
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody pension days.......old and young flying down the banks to get their money out.

old buggers giving way to anything that is within coo-ee of the roundabout then it's 35 KPH all the way.

then it's halfwits with two bob in their pocket doing burnouts until the tank runs dry.

I hate pension days..........

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
5 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #1204
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I used to do contract work in banks, and come Thursday it was wheelchair,walking frame and walking stick central. Not to mention the queues out the front at 9.30, fighting to get in before the cash ran out!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #1205
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fair dinkum I had two of those gophers going around the roundabout tonight, must have been 30 cars waiting for them to go around, I still reckon we should have an "open season" on them.

I'm looking forward to my "grumpy old barstard" days........then again just maybe I'm there already.

This user likes this post:
Old 31-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #1206
capesy

just something to for you to look forward to when you get to those days poppa smurf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CwU64Lvb_A

i hate when people purposely go out of there way to **** you off or make your day hard,
capesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #1207
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

EBay shops that list high qty of items in stock then send you an email after ordering stating it is out of stock and you can get a refund or wait. That was mid last week.

Still waiting, and seller still has active listing saying item in stock.

Of all the options eBay has for reporting a listing none are for advertising an item that isn't available!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #1208
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

BLOODY TELSTRA AGAIN!!
Mobile phones this time. Picked up a Dodo sim to check on the coverage before I try and walk away from Telstra. I thought I had an old unlocked Telstra,(ZTE), blue tick T7 phone sitting in a drawer that I'd stick it in to see how it went but when I tried to activate the sim the phone wouldn't work. So I phoned Dodo thinking the sim hadn't been activated but they insisted it had, so then I called Telstra who insisted the phone wasn't locked and it must be the sim. So after another round of calls to both providers they both said the same thing again, Dodo blame the phone and Telstra blame the sim. So I went round the corner to a bloke I know who is with Dodo and is using an unlocked Vodafone handset and put my sim in his phone and his sim in my phone and what do you know, my sim works fine in his unlocked phone and his sim won't work in my phone so the phone IS STILL LOCKED!! Bloody Telstra telling lies again, I'm so sick and tired of their underhanded anti competitive methods.

Does anyone have or know where I can find an unlock code calculator that's not going to cost me too much because I just can't bring myself to pay Telstras exorbitant fees for unlocking phones, especially a 6yr old throw away unit.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 01-08-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #1209
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

If you're phone is meant to be unlocked Bushbasher call up telstra complaints line, you usually speak to an Australian which is a good start, not to sound racist but most of the people you talk to are in call centres halfway across the world and have NO FREAKING IDEA on what the hell is going on. They only read off a pre made chat sheet, completely hopeless!!

Just tell them what you've done and it is in fact their fault and you demand your phone to be unlocked as I am guessing its a breach of your original contract, failure to do so you will chat to the ombudsman.....Even mention the ombudsman and they usually do everything to fix your problem and end up being as nice as Mother Theresa haha.

If you can't be arsed doing that grab a cheap htc or something from a phone store, plenty under $100

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #1210
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcv8 View Post
I can beat this. Blew the passenger globe on the ute, dropped the dust cap which went into the front bar, then while using the flash on the iPhone as a light, dropped it into the same place. Had to pull a scrivet to pull the inner guard ou of the way to get to it. Gave up and did the globe a couple of days later.
Could be worse...changed an H4 on the motorbike a while back (VFR). Actually, did both, but anyway...easy enough to get in there, remove dust cap, fiddle about and un-clip the retaining spring, take old bulbs out and replace.... but do you think I could get that damn spring to re-latch? Nup. Result? Entire nose cone off bike just to close up two retainers...not happy.

Couple of pet hates. People who go up entry ramps at 20kph below the speed limit of the road they need to merge into, and then wonder why they can't...and stop! Makes my blood boil! Learn to merge you ******** moron!

Inattentive driver's on 'phones, reading the paper (wtf?), doing their makeup etc....half of these people couldn't drive a finger up their ar*e, and yet they don't even apply their full concentration to the task at hand...

People who ignore their dogs barking all night while neghbours try to sleep with ear plugs...

Generally inconsiderate people...too many around these days.

/rant.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #1211
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
yeah thats what we said blueoval, the insurance costs for this type of job would be huge.
plus he has to hire a climber as he doesnt employ one

ill get another quote and if its still over a grand im not going to bother
Got a quote a while back to get rid of a tree, well two quotes, actually. The 1st was to prune it right back, and the second to knock it over completely...to prune would be $1200; to knock over and remove, $1000....guess what we chose.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #1212
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
BLOODY TELSTRA AGAIN!!
Mobile phones this time. Picked up a Dodo sim to check on the coverage before I try and walk away from Telstra. I thought I had an old unlocked Telstra,(ZTE), blue tick T7 phone sitting in a drawer that I'd stick it in to see how it went but when I tried to activate the sim the phone wouldn't work. So I phoned Dodo thinking the sim hadn't been activated but they insisted it had, so then I called Telstra who insisted the phone wasn't locked and it must be the sim. So after another round of calls to both providers they both said the same thing again, Dodo blame the phone and Telstra blame the sim. So I went round the corner to a bloke I know who is with Dodo and is using an unlocked Vodafone handset and put my sim in his phone and his sim in my phone and what do you know, my sim works fine in his unlocked phone and his sim won't work in my phone so the phone IS STILL LOCKED!! Bloody Telstra telling lies again, I'm so sick and tired of their underhanded anti competitive methods.

Does anyone have or know where I can find an unlock code calculator that's not going to cost me too much because I just can't bring myself to pay Telstras exorbitant fees for unlocking phones, especially a 6yr old throw away unit.
As an ex-Telstra employee I can tell you that that model of handset was never locked to Telstra. The reason Telstra operators would be telling it's not locked is because they would be typing in the IMEI number you've given them (which I assume is correct) into the unlocking program and the returning message would be "there is no unlock code for this handset" - which is the indicator that it's not locked.

So, rather than freaking out, and assuming the Telstra employee is lying to you (please remember, they only work there), there are a couple of things you can try.

Now by using the T7, you're attempting to use a mobile phone sold in Australia exclusively for the Telstra network and then trying to move to the Optus network (Dodo is a reseller as I'm sure you know), which runs of a completely different frequency. My research suggests that the T7 supports Optus' network, however in your settings you may find the network options are set to Telstra frequency and you need to return it to Auto or something. Who knows.

The flip side is that Dodo could have activated the sim only on certain frequencies. We could technically do that at Telstra - ie only activate a SIM on the 3G850 (instead of just clicking 3G which would include 850 and 2100), so they could have activated the service onto a frequency supported by Optus, but not the T7, but that's certainly highly unlikely in my opinion due to the T7 supporting a wide range of frequencies.

All I can say is that while I worked at Telstra the T7 and the subsequent T2 were never locked as they were for plan only, not prepaid.

What happens when you try and call from it? What message is said back to you? Or does is just refuse to call even after typing a number in and pressing call?

Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't, maybe you've already investigated my suggestions. Either way - to me it could be an issue with Telstra or the phone itself.

Last edited by Simple6; 01-08-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Simple6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #1213
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Interesting you should say that Simple6 as I was starting to come around to that theory myself about the frequency thing but your idea that they have only activated it on a certain frequency is looking like something that need investigating as well. After I gave up on the T7 I dragged another old blue tick phone out, that being a Samsung A411 and had it unlocked thinking there was a problem with the T7 but it did exactly the same thing. After further discussions with Dodo they then told me there was no coverage where I am yet the bloke across the road is on Optus mobile broadband and has no problems and the bloke round the corner is on Dodo and is using an unlocked Vodaphone Samsung smart phone and gets a signal no problem, in fact he's been at my front door talking on his phone so I know there is coverage here. To back up the frequency theory, yesterday I took the Samsung into town with me and put it on manual search for networks and even sitting outside the post office it wouldn't find the Optus network, only the Telstra and Vodaphone network. Today I'm back in town for the kids sport so I'll take both phones and see if I can't detect the Optus network. If they won't then, logically, they can't be on the right frequency. Either that or I'm the unluckiest bloke alive to have 2 different brand phones bought at different times and places that both have faults- not likely though.
I refuse to believe that a 5 yr old phone is suddeny unable to detect a 3G network, there has to be something else going on here, I just can't figure out quite what yet.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #1214
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Try changing the frequency in the network settings
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #1215
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Tried that, but no joy. I don't know what's going on but I went to the footy on saturday and was 3o0om from the phone tower and tried both the T7 and A411 and neither phone will find the Optus network with the Dodo card in it. Put a Telstra card in and they work fine. I'm starting to suspect it may be what Simple6 said, that Dodo only activated the card on a certain frequency and that's not the frequency that our local tower is transmitting.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #1216
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

F*%#$G Telstra overseas call centres!!

Got a whole new problem this weekend. We needed to give my daughter a phone for emergencies for a netball sleep over on Saturday night and the phone we generally give the kids didn't have any credit on it, so we decided to just give her my wifes' phone. Unfortunately her phone was flat so we just grabbed the T7 that was fully charged and stuck the wifes Telstra sim in it and gave her that. This is where the problem started. After 12 hrs of working fine my daughter turned the phone off and when she turned it back on it suddenly locked the sim and asked for a PUK number. I've never heard of this PUK or a sim being locked so I just assumed it was my wifes 4 digit phone lock code so put it in. Of coarse it didn't work so I tried a couple of other likely 4 digit numbers, still no joy so I went online to find out what it was all about.

I then discovered it was a 8 digit number but if you get it wrong 3 times you need to call the Telstra tech. to sort it out.

So the saga begins.
The first moron has me try the correct PUK but it doesn't work so we cycle the phone off/on and try again but still no joy. Then he says the card is now dead and we'll need a new one. I tell him I'm in the bush and can't get another card but have an active card and can we switch my wifes number to it. He says yes but we need to disable the original card first then put the number over to the second card but it'll take a few hours and he'll call me in the afternoon when it's done to finish up and make sure it's ok, that was over an hour of the phone.

At random times I check the wifes number because he told me once the card was deactivated we could access the contact list and retrieve the saved numbers, so 2 hrs later I get a recording saying the number has been disconnected but I still can't get into the now deactivated sim. The guy calls back and we try to get the new card going but nothing. He then says he needs to go sort something out and will be a couple of minutes and puts me on hold. a minute later the line is disconnected and he never calls back, another 1/2 an hour on the phone.(I think he realised he'd screwed up and bolted)

2 hrs later I call back and have to tell the story all over again to some stupid tart who tells me the last guy was wrong and I need a new card because the active card I had was in fact deactivated because it hadn't been used for a while, but the chances of getting the contact list from the original card are zilch. Of coarse, this was after going round in circles for 25 minutes explaining that we didn't request the number be disconnected, it was the last phone monkey who did it and it needed to be reconnected pronto. We got a reference # and had it emailed to us before we hung up because I'd not had a chance to get one the first time, another hour on the phone.

We couldn't get a new card last night so thought we were stuffed till today. After about half an hour I realised the second card must still be active because I could still get into the account and access the recharge.So I called back again and got moron #3 who claimed to be a tech as well as the phone monkey, and who, after telling the whole story again , says both previous morons are wrong and they can in fact unlock the original card, but it'll take 24-48 hrs to reactivate my wifes number first. And we can't use the second active card anyway because once it's activated with a number it can't be changed, so we'd need a new card but it must be a blank card from a telstra shop not a $2 starter sim as that will have a number attached to it. Then at the end of the conversation, after the usual going round and round in circles trying to make him understand what is going on, he then says we should go get a starter sim as a plan B in case the original card won't come back to life. ??????.... hold on mate, you just told me that won't work and we need a blank card...... So now I'm starting to lose it and want to clarify everything to make sure we're all on the same page. Now phone monkey is getting narky and instead of giving me a yes or no answer to a direct question he starts on " we've already been through this, do you want to go through it again"........ blah, blah, blah. I'm ready to spit it big time by now so take a deep breath and tell him to forget it and just to call me when the number is reactivated so we can sort this out once and for all. I get email confirmation of the reference # before I hang up and let him go. Yet another hour on the phone.

So right now, and after approximately 4 hrs of the phone yesterday, I'm in limbo waiting for the wifes number to be reconnected before round 4.

I hate Telstra and those f!#^%$&g overseas phone monkeys so bad I just want to shoot the lot of them. I wish there was some signal that could be sent down the phone line to the other end that would give wastes of space like these twats an instant head ache like they've been punched in the head, GRRRRRR......

Now this morning I have to try and deal with bloody Dodo again and get them to explain why my unlocked phones won't find the Optus network when I'm parked 300m from the phone tower,

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #1217
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
*Telstra OS call centre issue*
Sorry for that edit however I completely understand and agree with you. Had numerous dealings with Telstra that were non favourable for us and eventually worked out for us. Ombudsman is a word they hate so keep it in mind.

I can't wait for next fight with Telstra in the next three weeks as we move house and the new place does not have NBN yet.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #1218
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Best word in the English language when dealing with any dodgy business is 'Ombudsman'! I'm on optus prepaid I'm 26 now and have had it since 15. All my friends ask why not go on a plan its better, well untill I can get a plan that costs me $50 a month with 3gig of data $800 worth of calls and free text I'm sticking with prepaid, never had a problem.

In saying that optus did do a new plan very close to mine but with unlimited calls for $49, we had telstra internet for a time and lets just say for the premium you pay to use their service you'd expect better quality customer support.

Hell iinet was $20 more than TPG but every time I called I spoke to an Australian who was polite and knew what they were doing, was never a headache. I feel you man.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #1219
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Eh, the word ombudsmen never made any difference to me when I worked at Telstra, it's not like there is a magic button that activates after you say that let's us do anything further.

My recommendation in your situation (because it sounds like a right pain).

Call Telstra on 125 111 or 13 22 00 (whatever they use now) and say "complaints". Now this should get you to a department where you can register a complaint and you'll receive a "service request" number (similar to a 1-00000000000etc number for orders). Then ask for the 1800 number you can call to follow up on your complaint. This number is for an Australian call centre where you have case officer for your complaint resolution (though bear in mind multiple ethnicities do work in this call centre - if the ethnicity of a person is a concern when you're on the phone). When I left Telstra they actually had people directly answering the phone there (no computer).

The downside to this process is that there is a 48hr turnaround for your case officer to review your case, investigate how they can fix it and then call you.

Now, because you would have followed this process - the ombudsmen will talk to you about your issues. The ombudsmen generally won't talk to you unless you've followed the official complaints process first (which I've detailed above as it was 12mths ago - I can't see it changing too much in that time).
Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #1220
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Well, round 4 today and after another hour or more and having to explain the problem 3 different times to progressively "higher up" tech phone morons, and being told that the original card is dead and once the number has been disconnected and deactivated it can't be used again I lost it and after then having to threaten them with first the complaints dept, followed by the ombudsman followed by suing the lot of them for incompetence I finally got one of the phone monkeys to stay on the line and lo and behold, the original sim card is indeed dead so the contact list is gone but any $2 sim card can have it's number changed to any other number with a "work around" at their end and I CAN have my wifes original number reactivated and reconnected. I made the phone monkey stay on the line while the wife went and got a $2 sim than made her activate and reinstate my wifes number then and there AND reinstate the $28 credit that was on the sim before monkey number 1 disconnected it. So now the wifes phone is back to normal and we now just have to rebuild her contact list. Thankfully between all of the old phones we have we can reconstruct 90% of her contact list from the old phones memories.
Now to problem number 2 which I'm now suspecting is a Telstra software lock built into the phones I have that stop them from recognising the Optus network. I have a proven active Dodo sim that has worked and made calls on a Samsung Galaxy phone that ISN'T a Telstra branded phone yet I have 3 different handsets, 2 ZTE and 1 Samsung, all with Telstra branding embossed, stencilled or printed on them that won't even detect the Optus network even though they are all unlocked and Telstra swears should work on any network. You can make that 4 if you count the new T81 smartphone I now use that is also a Telstra branded ZTE that ALSO can't or won't see the Optus network even when I'm parked 300m from the phone tower.
How does the saying go?......... when all other possibilities are eliminated, then whatever is left, no matter how remote, must be the right answer... or something like that. After nearly 5 days of this crap and untold hours arguing with idiot automaton phone monkeys I've pretty much eliminated everything BUT the fact they are Telstra branded phones.

So just for some kind of confirmation, does anyone out there have and use a Telstra branded phone that is unlocked and using any other provider through the Optus network?

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 05-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #1221
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
EBay shops that list high qty of items in stock then send you an email after ordering stating it is out of stock and you can get a refund or wait. That was mid last week.

Still waiting, and seller still has active listing saying item in stock.

Of all the options eBay has for reporting a listing none are for advertising an item that isn't available!
What a joke...

Ordered on the 21st July - estimated delivery of 3-5 days.

Email the following morning saying the stock was found to be damaged. Wait an extra 2-3 days or get a refund.

I chose to wait.

After 3 days I send another email saying where is my product? By now almost 2 weeks had passed from ordering. Seller still advertises same product, still says they will arrive on time.

Email the seller, saying I need a firm ETA. Get a reply saying he will know in 2-3 days.

After 2-3 days I get another email saying that the item won't arrive on OZ (not to me) till the 28th August.

I report the item through paypal, and leave negative feedback. Email him requesting a refund.

Get an email back saying that "Don't you understand what drop shipping is?"
Apparently he won't process the refund till I drop the case. LOL it was already processed.... just waiting for the funds to appear in my account.

He no longer has 100% feedback.

Yet he has the gall to send me an email saying how unfair my actions were and that I didn't need to open a case....

Dealing with misleading dopes... yep... I hate that.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #1222
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Inbreds who cut through corner petrol stations so they don't have to wait at traffic lights for 30 seconds.

Drivers who can't make a turn without swinging their car in the opposite direction to that which they are turning before making the turn.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #1223
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you go into a Bank with a massive queue and the person in front quietly complains about how long the procedure takes, then when its 'finally' their turn they spend the next 10 minutes talking about how often their neighbours dog barks or Aldi Blue-Tac isnt as good as the original.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #1224
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

When people put the toilet roll into the holder with the paper roll off against the wall. WTF is that all about? It ticks me off at work, I have to change it before completing the paper work.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #1225
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

********* who high beam you when they come over a country hill or around a corner
think ive said it before but bloody hell that ****** me off no end

so when in rome....
yeah cop that ya moron a full high beam to you too matey 3 meters away
how freakin hard is it to dip ya lights on a corner or hill ffs????
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #1226
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
********* who high beam you when they come over a country hill or around a corner
think ive said it before but bloody hell that ****** me off no end

so when in rome....
yeah cop that ya moron a full high beam to you too matey 3 meters away
how freakin hard is it to dip ya lights on a corner or hill ffs????
What's worse is when they have em low then the split second before they pass you they decide to flick em on... just in time to get you for a split second before they pass...

Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #1227
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

It's been my experience, and I'm guilty of doing it too, that the early flick on is usually a protest about the your cars poorly adjusted lights or the fact you didn't dip fast enough when you came into view in the first place.There are so many cars that have poorly adjusted lights it's not funny, especially the passenger side light being misaligned too far to the right which results in the left part of the beam, that is supposed to flare upwards and out to the verge of the road, then dazzles oncoming traffic till you get close enough to get out of the flared part of the beam.

The other headlight issue I hate is the 4x4 drivers and tow drivers who load up the back of the vehicle and don't bother to adjust the lights so even the low beam dazzles you because the vehicle is nose up.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 06-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #1228
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
What's worse is when they have em low then the split second before they pass you they decide to flick em on... just in time to get you for a split second before they pass...
In the Truck on country roads we had an answer to that.

We had loading lights, usually fitted on top of the mirrors, if they hit you as you mentioned, flick the switch and help them see where they're going
Old 06-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #1229
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
When people put the toilet roll into the holder with the paper roll off against the wall. WTF is that all about? It ticks me off at work, I have to change it before completing the paper work.
HAH!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11403532

Old 07-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #1230
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I am with Nanna Smurf on this one
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post