Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #1231
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
I am with Nanna Smurf on this one
that'd be right.......whole world plotting against me as usual.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #1232
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Typical old farts rant here.... Current fads with the grooming of younger men I just can't stand:

Hair buns and Pony Tails tied from high up or on top of the scalp. Looks really faggy. Why do these things occur??

Three day growth on a dude immaculately groomed and suited up aka the Charlie Pickering look. Why??? Just looks like a poonsy nancy boy trying to look rugged. Three day growth is fine when wearing weekend casuals, gym gear, work wear, bumming around the house gear, all good but if you're wearing a nice immaculately tailored suit then have a god damn shave!!!

That's it for now, I'm sure something else will cross my mind.

As for the toilet roll debate, Poppa Smurf, I'm with you on this.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #1233
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate "bedding day"......you know the day the old girl say's "it's time to turf out the bedbugs and empty out the dead skin".

our mattress is a queen size, double pillow top, which means it weighs around 3.2 tonne and takes up 3 football fields.

now ole Poppa aint getting any younger nor fitter and lately this is becoming a near impossibility, to flip and turn the thing sends shivers down my spine, most times I end up under the mattress screaming for help, just my leg and a hand poking out from underneath in a pitiful plea for assistance, which won't be answered as "she has "other" things to attend to, thus leaving me with the mattress, with a mind of it's own, triumphant and completely in control.

then comes the ritual stuffing of the doona into the very large, ornate cover, I end up laying on the floor inside the cover with doona standing on the bed laughing at me and assorted sections hanging from the ceiling fan.

then after endless hours of absolute physical and mental daring and untold manipulation, along with tears and begging, the bed is finished........only to find that night that the spot where my backside used to reside is now underneath and my very comfy, worn in section for my shoulders is gone, to be replaced with an unfamiliar, hard, unfriendly section of bedding that defies all attempts at comfortability which takes a minimum of a week to muscle back in.

then of course it's ......"darling it's bedding day"!..................I hate bloody bedding day.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
7 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #1234
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

see the issue with bedding poppa smurf is that it is definitely a two man job, cause even when l gotta do it (fit, young 24 y.o) l always get someone to give me a hand especially on big modern beds where the mattress makers appear to take no consideration at all to weight saving!!

Now for my rant, since starting my new diet and trying to eat healthier better proportioned food, my parents have total and utter contempt gorge themselves (right in front of me) with food that is cooked in a crapload of butter, oil and god knows what l swear l'll be having the last laugh when they start having health issues as they eat crap with enough preservatives they'll take a century to degrade to nothing!!! god l hate them for this and then they'll go and say "you should stop having protein shakes they are bad and full of crap you don't need" well l'll tell you what parents its sure as hell better than all the crap you lot eat!!!!

GEEZ I'VE GOTTA GET OUT!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #1235
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
GEEZ I'VE GOTTA GET OUT!!!!
Dear Mr Nice guy, in 1978 I left home in search of adventure and found my Shangri-La. I returned to settle things with my parents and in 1980 left for Northern pastures permanently.

Various members of my extended family gave me between a few days to my Grand Father who gave me a whole month before I would be back. Basically I have spent the last 30+ years having adventure after adventure. For your own physical / mental health make the move my son, you won't regret it.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #1236
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you sure you found YOUR shangri-la........I lost mine around that time, I thought it rolled under the bed but you musta picked it up!........ah! keep it, I never used it.

2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #1237
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Poppa! You are a true gentleman.

How about this for a trick to save your back from the 3.2 tonne mattress. Mine only weighs 2.9 tonne and all I do is pull it half off the base, then turn it 180' and then flip it over. It never leaves the base. HTH.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #1238
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm you know what your right vincenzo l love my parents dearly and sincerely but l've just about had it with the whinging whining attitude they seem to be having of late and its driving me up the wall, to the point of me being agro far too often l just need to de-stress relax and take a time out cause l think if l keep living hear l'll end up murdering something!! witch ain't good at all.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #1239
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The other thing poppa, I have to ask, what is a doona? This year was the first time I have used a top sheet in over 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
hmm you know what your right vincenzo l love my parents dearly and sincerely but l've just about had it with the whinging whining attitude they seem to be having of late and its driving me up the wall, to the point of me being agro far too often l just need to de-stress relax and take a time out cause l think if l keep living hear l'll end up murdering something!! witch ain't good at all.
Mate, all jokes aside, I loved my parents but sometimes you have to do things so YOU can grow. It doesn't mean you break all contact, you're just trying something different, just don't burn your bridges. As a parent myself, I love to know my three are growing and learning and even though they fall down you are there as support if needed.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #1240
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
The other thing poppa, I have to ask, what is a doona? This year was the first time I have used a top sheet in over 30 years.
Cheers Vincenzo
yeah! yeah!......"ooh! I'm nice and warm".......shudupp......minus 2 here at night for the last week.

fog so thick I couldn't see my feet, mornings so cold the magpies were lining up at vinnies for blankets, wind so strong the ducks were flying backwards to keep the rain and sleet out of their eyes.

3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #1241
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Mate, all jokes aside, I loved my parents but sometimes you have to do things so YOU can grow. It doesn't mean you break all contact, you're just trying something different, just don't burn your bridges. As a parent myself, I love to know my three are growing and learning and even though they fall down you are there as support if needed.

Cheers Vincenzo
Absolutely right just gotta sit down and tell them "This is what l'm trying to do and this is the actions l plan on taking over the next fortnight" its annoying but its gotta be done they're nice understanding people but l just really need my own space, and freedom. I'd just like to make my changes with as few ripples as possible so my conscious is clean when leaving.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #1242
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hey Poppa, try this with your doona - lay it out on the bed and fold the end up concertina fashion ^^^^^ then just start stuffing it into the cover till you get to the top corners. Then fit each corner into it's corresponding corner of the doona cover. At this point it should be opened out to the full width of the cover at the opening so just grab the edge of the doona and cover together as wide as you can and still get the doona off the ground, and hold it up as high as you can and shake it from side to side till the doona unfolds itself and settles into the bottom corners of the cover. If it doesn't quite settle correctly you should be able to throw it back on the bed and give it a good flap as you make the bed and it should come good.
If you have ducks disease just stand on the bed or a chair to do the shake out.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #1243
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ringing a call centre and going through 5 minutes of menus only to have the robot lady tell you that they are closed.
Starts with T and ends in elstra.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #1244
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Hey Poppa, try this with your doona - lay it out on the bed and fold the end up concertina fashion ^^^^^ then just start stuffing it into the cover till you get to the top corners. Then fit each corner into it's corresponding corner of the doona cover. At this point it should be opened out to the full width of the cover at the opening so just grab the edge of the doona and cover together as wide as you can and still get the doona off the ground, and hold it up as high as you can and shake it from side to side till the doona unfolds itself and settles into the bottom corners of the cover. If it doesn't quite settle correctly you should be able to throw it back on the bed and give it a good flap as you make the bed and it should come good.
If you have ducks disease just stand on the bed or a chair to do the shake out.
Two person job. I get my wife to hold the doona to the top corners of the inside-out cover. I go inside the covers and work my way up to the corners, fluffing my wife's pillows on the way up.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #1245
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
fluffing my wife's pillows on the way up.
Umm, .....nup, I'm not going to touch that one
Old 10-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #1246
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

, I fluff my wifes pillows too but if I said it was a 2 man job, I'd have some e'spainin' to do..........

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 10-08-2014 at 01:08 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #1247
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
, I fluff my wifes pillows too but if I said it was a 2 man job, I'd have some e'spainin' to do..........
No e'spainin' needed for this lady.

[/URL]

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #1248
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

YEE GODS!

Back problems much?

How can she possibly walk upright?

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #1249
V8 6I

Quote:
YEE GODS!

Back problems much?

How can she possibly walk upright?
Walk upright?,She would be in bed most of the time having her pillows fluffed.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #1250
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think we have created a new euphemism for making love.

women can be asked if their pillows have been fluffed lately and

the men can say whether they fluffed any pillows today.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #1251
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh my......they are the keenest set of weapons of mass seduction I have ever seen........wouldn't want those to be flayed in anger.

forgot what I was about to say.......oh well never mind, onto the next shiny object.

3 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #1252
stevesxr

Ha, always get a laugh outta this thread, needed it after yesterday.

You think you're doing a nice thing by letting a "friend" register their car in your name, only for the s*** to hit the fan when its time to transfer the rego back to said "freind's" name. Silly me.
Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice....SHAME ON ME!
Geez! I hate that.
stevesxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #1253
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Going to the Ekka, with the Ex and the kids (2 girls), and my missus (been together over a year). What could possibly go wrong???
Too many whinging vagina's.
And when it all turns to ****-you'll never guess who's fault it all is.

F*^kin hate that!!!
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2014, 04:05 AM   #1254
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

^^^ That made me laugh - I know and feel your pain.

Recipe for disaster though, been there and done that.

Never again, will I try to make the Twains meet.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #1255
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesxr View Post
Ha, always get a laugh outta this thread, needed it after yesterday.

You think you're doing a nice thing by letting a "friend" register their car in your name, only for the s*** to hit the fan when its time to transfer the rego back to said "freind's" name. Silly me.
Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice....SHAME ON ME!
Geez! I hate that.
Let the rego lapse without telling them and let them sort it out. Should be sorted pretty quickly after the first fine for driving unregistered.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #1256
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Alternators being under power steering pumps, on all types of cars.

It has claimed the life of many alternators, another tonight.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #1257
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

People that don't think!!

We have some friends that are moving back to Adelaide today and yesterday the wife stops by and complains that her AUIII sedan, suddenly, yesterday started running rough when she takes off and when it's running up a rise, so, under load. After much question asking to ascertain exactly what the symptoms are, and when was the last time the car had certain parts replaced or looked at, to which I got a blank stare or the ubiquitous "um, can't remember", I figured out they hadn't touched the car for the last 40,000kms!!
I immediately sent her off to buy some plugs, oil and a filter so I could at least give it a quick service. I wrote down what plugs and filter to buy and what viscosity oil she needed but,stupid me, didn't specify what oil so when she came back she had bought diesel oil .
So this morning, after getting the right oil and servicing it and then doing much diagnosing and scanning it with Forscan etc. it's running a bit better but looks like it has a dodgy fuel pump, just what you need when you are about to pull a full trailer 600kms to your new house. Luckily they're with the RAA so if it does fail at least they won't be stuck.

But GEEZ!! I could have slapped both her and her husband.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 21-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #1258
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate looking for work. I spend hours everyday writing letters and proposals, and If I'm lucky I get back a generic rejection email.
Then there's the companies who want to conduct three rounds of interviews for a 4 week contract, and cross-examine you on why you want to work for their company.
Old 21-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #1259
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Articles on ninemsn (and probably others). They have a picture on the home page about the article that's as big as half a postage stamp, then you click on the article and the whole thing is text.. no larger picture....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #1260
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tradesmen who refuse to attend to a promised appointment, waiting for a sparky and a plumber.

if I ran my business like these I would be broke.