Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #1261
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Standing in the "Express" lane at the supermarket for minutes, waiting for the lady in front who also waited in line for an extended period, for her to then once everything is scanned and she is asked for money fish for her perse......dish out the right coin almost as if payment was optional.. I'm a cash type of guy myself but logic would dictate that you would get your money ready whilst you waited so you could the hell out of the joint as quick as possible.
Who said women were good multitaskers
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #1262
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Who said women were good multitaskers
Multitasking refers to the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. (Provided at least one task involves either talking or a mirror.) Nowhere does it imply speed, efficiency, nor even the actual completion of said tasks.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #1263
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Multitasking refers to the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. (Provided at least one task involves either talking or a mirror.) Nowhere does it imply speed, efficiency, nor even the actual completion of said tasks.
Men can multi-task.
They can grunt and have sex at the same time.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #1264
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my line of work has me in shops handling stock sometimes for an hour at a time, the worst is when customers stand within 2 cm of you and don't move away quickly or they reach in front of you for the stock right THERE without saying "excuse me", sometimes they have body odour, and I often worry about them pick pocketing me. Im a PERSONAL SPACE type of person.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 21-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #1265
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pasty weekend coming up for Poppa and grandkids (every weekend we do something together).

up to Cole's to buy beef mince, celery, parsnips, potatoes, onion's, pumpkin, and those long white things the name of which has fell out the gap between my two remaining braincells and will keep me awake tonight until I bloody well remember the name of the damnable things.

now where was I........oh yeah!......waiting in line at the checkout having a yak with the folks around me waiting for the lovely elderly lady in front to pay for her goods, turns out she was $0.50c short for full payment.

bloody checkout chick wouldn't let her go with out the $0.50c...."company policy" say's she......."if it was me, I wouldn't mind, but they have it all on camera".....

"bugger this, thieving mongrels aren't winning this day" say's I and dug into my wallet (dodging the assorted escaping moths) to pull said coinage from said holder...........

well bugger me if all the other 5 folks (a couple of young buggers in there as well) in line, in front and behind, all doing the same, what's more they were quicker on the draw than me so I got to keep me penny's.

just when you think you got the world sorted out and pigeon holed they surprise you every bloody time.

AH! AH! got it ......SWEDE'S........I can sleep now.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #1266
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
AH! AH! got it ......SWEDE'S........I can sleep now.
What's wrong with Fins or Norwegians?

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #1267
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Great Scotts!!!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #1268
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Parsnips AND Swedes? You must really hate those Grand Kids.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #1269
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
by the time they go in the mix you can barely taste them.....they do give a "zing" though when a larger piece is stumbled upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo
What's wrong with Fins or Norwegians?

I find they are not as easy to keep on the rack, tend to be a bit jumpy, swedes are a very relaxed set of people.

Cheers Vincenzo

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 22-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #1270
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I've been lifting, pushing and pulling things in my job for over 40 years.

Two days before I'm due to go on a 1500km drive to visit my Brother and do the Whale thing in Hervey Bay I strain something in my back making a bloody table for The Dragon Lady's sewing machine.

After gobbling pain killers for a few days I now find that rain is predicted for tomorrow when I'm supposed to see the Whales!
Old 22-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #1271
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody property adverts with no pictures!!!!!!god its driving me up the wall l can't bloody stand it!!! had "the chat" with the parents witch made a slight behaviour improvement though, but no one wants to rent a room to me!!!! God why am l soooo undesirable!!!

p.s anyone in bowen hills area QLD have a furnished room they wanna rent out???
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #1272
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
my line of work has me in shops handling stock sometimes for an hour at a time, the worst is when customers stand within 2 cm of you and don't move away quickly or they reach in front of you for the stock right THERE without saying "excuse me", sometimes they have body odour, and I often worry about them pick pocketing me. Im a PERSONAL SPACE type of person.
Ohhh the memories!..

Got the work clothes on, the shop logo on the shirt pocket, you are reaching into a box and putting stuff on a shelf...

Person approaches... "Excuse me... do you work here?"....

No stool Sherlock....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #1273
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
bloody property adverts with no pictures!!!!!!god its driving me up the wall l can't bloody stand it!!! had "the chat" with the parents witch made a slight behaviour improvement though, but no one wants to rent a room to me!!!! God why am l soooo undesirable!!!

p.s anyone in bowen hills area QLD have a furnished room they wanna rent out???
Try easy roommate or flatmate finders. It's how I found share houses. Some have furnished, others don't. You can chuck a profile up as looking for a place and people will approach you as well.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #1274
ronnas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Ohhh the memories!..

Got the work clothes on, the shop logo on the shirt pocket, you are reaching into a box and putting stuff on a shelf...

No stool Sherlock....
I much prefer that approach than the "Where's your ____?" No hi or any manners whatsoever, so you send them to the wrong aisle and go on a break lol
ronnas07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #1275
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ohhh the memories!..

No stool Sherlock....
ALL DAY!
Them from 10 paces: Can you tell me where the paint brushes and laminate flooring is?
Me: *Blank stare* *Pause* *Grimacing Smile* I would love to but I don't work here, you need to speak to someone in a red/green/blue shirt.
Them: *stares at my uniform with company logo* Oh...

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 22-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #1276
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnas07 View Post
I much prefer that approach than the "Where's your ____?" No hi or any manners whatsoever, so you send them to the wrong aisle and go on a break lol
I made a point of totally ignoring rude people that just asked for stuff by using a demanding tone.

Old 23-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #1277
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Ohhh the memories!..

No stool Sherlock....
I've been asked at Supercheap a few times from fellow shoppers when I've been shopping there when wearing a red polo and black trousers for directions or advice. I can usually point them in the right direction or show them what they're looking for.

Their customers seem most grateful for my help - maybe they don't get it from the staff?

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #1278
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Replacing all the hoses on my JB Camira. I did from the top...no idea. Learned that it easy as from a hoist...
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2014, 02:39 AM   #1279
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I HATE (with a passion) the brain-dead maggots that are employed by large companies to staff their call centres and IT support centres. Granted, said maggots are usually some illiterate Bangladeshi peasant being paid 2 cents an hour, but still WHY waste the money?
Why not just have a recorded message that says "**** off." Or if they want to be polite, just a message (recorded and on their website) saying "sorry, we do not provide customer support."

One day, very soon, there will be headlines saying "thousands dead in call-centre bombing tragedy" and everybody will tut-tut and wonder why.

It's not just a once off, or an occasional thing, it is a reoccurring theme.

And the worst thing is, that it makes no sense. Nobody who is annoyed enough to complain, or who has a enough of a problem to ask for help, is going to be satisfied by their stupid brush-offs. So at BEST, all they have achieved for their 2 cents is to **** off their customers. At worst, the customer will keep on and on and on, consuming even more of their time, getting more ****ed off, and eventually desert them for a competitor.

The ones I REALLY HATE are when I go out of my way to HELP THEM by pointing out that something is incorrect or broken. Eg one of their links is broken, etc. ie something that is costing them money.
But instead of saying "thanks, we'll fix that," they send me a pile of ***** about how it must be a problem with my computer and I should try updating my browser.
Old 23-08-2014, 02:54 AM   #1280
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also hate dealing with Cretins who are too stupid to see that you're trying to help them.
Examples:

I'm buying something quite expensive, and they asked for my CC details so they can charge me when the work is done. Now I know that for a small business CC fees & commission are almost criminal, and this transaction will cost them $50~200 bucks, so I suggested I pay by EFT purely to save them the CC charges. And they come back that if I want to do that I must transfer the money two business days before the job, so that they can see it in their account. So no, I'll wait till after the work is complete, they can charge my card and cop the costs.

I've tried to help people who want to fit certain parts to their car. I'm selling individual components, and so I try explain to them that buying an ABS module will NOT give their car ABS if its never had it fitted. So they ask what they need, and I go into great detail about all the parts they will need, only to have them crack the *****.
Old 23-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #1281
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbvbvb088 View Post
my JB Camira.
I ....
fixed
Old 23-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #1282
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh! my, somebody's medication hasn't kicked in yet!

a lot of staff have little product knowledge and less enthusiasm for the position these days, if a particular item is asked for in a hardware store then a blank stare and ignorant answer is the norm...

the ones i hate is when I'm up to my armpits in a job and i ask Mr's Smurf if she wouldn't mind going and getting a certain item, returning with something totally unsuitable and having been given incorrect advice........ "the salesman told me that you don't need that part, you need this one"

I'm not a nice Smurf when that happens.

Old 23-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #1283
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
The ones i hate is when I'm up to my armpits in a job and i ask Mr's Smurf if she wouldn't mind going and getting a certain item, returning with something totally unsuitable and having been given incorrect advice........ "the salesman told me that you don't need that part, you need this one"

I'm not a nice Smurf when that happens.
I was in China and my girlfriend was about to join me from OZ. I told her to bring a double adapter with her as all I had was the converter plug and I hated waiting to charge things one by one.

Simple request... right??

Nope... that $1.76 double adapter from Woolies ended up costing me almost $17 in text messages and a phone call. Why?

The effing twat that she asked for help kept trying to send her to a travel shop to buy the plug converter and kept trying to tell her how a double adapter wont work in China as they have different plugs...

They were both to bloody blame actually... God that was a painful time for me.

2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #1284
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Sometimes, it's easier, less stressful, quicker and cheaper to do it yourself.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #1285
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

being unable to drive for at least another 5 weeks - i'm hating that!

If I or my OH go to bunnings we're always being asked by other customers "where can I find..." or "what can you tell me about this?" lol. I think its because we seem confident about what we are doing there - both of us worked retail hardware for a small independent and my OH also works in the timber field.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #1286
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

#1. Being given a 9:15 am appointment time for kidney/bladder ultra sound requiring consumption of a litre of fluid an hour before and THEN finding the actual time is 9:30 am so they can get the paperwork done before the procedure starts - and then them not being on time Geez I hate that.

#2 Traffic lights on right turn slip lanes leading to freeway on ramps. Guarantees a traffic bank up on the access ramp and some timid clot at the front can't merge properly with the result that you get people riding your bumper. Geez I hate that. ( I haven't seen this kind of problem in Europe, but there the access points are arranged as roundabouts and the on ramps are NOT close together.)

Not so funny story: A few years back we were on tour in France and the coach stopped at a "Tolled" motorway service centre for a break. Back on the coach after a klick or two the couple behind revealed that one of them forgot to pick up the handbag - and inside it was her passport issued by the PRC and also with it the "green" card that allowed her to work in the USA. Phone call reveals that the bag is in safekeeping back at the service centre. But to get it involved a twenty klick ride to an off ramp, a forty klick ride back along the motor way to the nearest off ramp beyond the service centre and then another 20 klick ride to the service centre. Geez the Tour Director hated that and so did the coach driver - talk about schedules getting shot to ribbons. The TD later confided that a "lost" passport was the only reason that a coach would go backtracking.

P.S. I get to have the ultrasound tomorrow You work it out.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #1287
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got one.
do you ever see something out on the road that really annoys you ? yes i know lots of things, something i have noticed in recent years, linesmen don't seem to have the skill these days to allow enough cable for cold weather between light poles, so many bent poles leaning i see around Melbourne these days,
and i mean truly leaning in a big way ! it is plainly obvious as the nose on your face the cables are dead tight in cold weather pulling the poles all out of alignment.
back in the good old days when we had the state electricity commission(before our evil politicians privatized every bloody thing) ,
the job was done properly by trained guys in the field, crooked poles where actually straightened, some that would not stay straight had a concrete block chained to them to keep them on a proper angle.

It is just another sign of the a time where we do everything cheap , we do everything in a hurry, company's cater for the shareholders not the people or services.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #1288
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Sorry for that edit however I completely understand and agree with you. Had numerous dealings with Telstra that were non favourable for us and eventually worked out for us. Ombudsman is a word they hate so keep it in mind.

I can't wait for next fight with Telstra in the next three weeks as we move house and the new place does not have NBN yet.
Well, well, wellehehelllll

SWMBO calls Telstra about two weeks ago and yes she managed to get onto an Australian located at Biggera Waters in QLD saying we are moving house and the new place is flagged for NBN which isn't operational as yet and we have a copper line and want to move the service. No worries, the woman on the other end was as helpful as anything and got us a deal that closely matched what we had on NBN and everything should be up and running on copper, when NBN is turned on in the area it will be changed back, no cost. Awesome, what a win.

Ah, no.

Some lazy **** in back of house decided it was too hard to execute the order and it was cancelled. We only found out when we called back for an update a week later. We were also told a tech would be out Friday just gone to check the electrician installed the line correctly as they don't do it anymore. This only came about as the NBN service was still active and was meant to be disconnected. Awesome, ok no worries, tech out Friday gone between 1 and 5pm.

Friday comes and I start thinking this tech isn't coming and this was at 11am. Another call placed and some non-English speaking operator sees we had NBN and places us through to NBN, no we are switching from NBN to copper and back to NBN when installed. The NBN operator was nice enough to tell us the tech was booked for this coming Tuesday, to which we said we were told it was today and we shouldn't have to have called you to find this out. The upside to this I guess is that at least we found out prior to 5pm and no tech had come.

I effin hate Telstra.

Plus is I get a day off tomorrow for this.
Old 25-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #1289
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a totally first world whinge, a Seinfeld one if you wish, its observational:
I hate when I have a tv series on dvd, go to the episode selection screen, and, each ep is shown as a still image from the episode.
Where is the number? Episode Name? if you show them to me as blobs on the screen, I cant easily tell what order i should be scrolling in.......
What episode should i watch today?? the one with the pic of the man pointing to the right or the one with the 2 women staring at a wall?
I thankyou all for letting me get that off my chest

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 26-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #1290
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Goes alright in roast covered in gravy lol.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post