Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

Default speedo calibration

my speedo is out of wack and i was just wondering if anyone knows how to re-callibrate it? If so can you please explain it to me...
cheers...

BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
james22
With da Warlords

If you have an ex cop chaser like me :-), you adjust it on the dash up or down by a percentage till its right.

If you dont, then you need a different speedo gear or a way to intercept & change the signal before it gets to your ECU.

One of the guys that have changed diff gearing could tell you for sure

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

apparently jarcar sells a speedo corrector, there was a thread about this device a while ago...here you go http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...eedo+corrector
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Yes get the jaycar corrector if you can find a store with one. details on how to fit in my gallery
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
wesomc

Yeah, ex cop and MFS can be adjusted by holding down ODO reset for five seconds with key on, the however far above or below actual you want it to read. AU2 onward can be adjusted by ford dealer to suit different tyre size/ axle ratio.
wesomc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post