Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Flashlube Praise!

G'day guys,

Just spoke to a guy at the place that makes Flashlube and I can't recommend them more highly.

He put me onto another company to save me some money. I saved $8 by buying from Repco. He was happy because it was a win, win, win situation.

I rang the guy back to say thanks, and he said no worries.

I also asked him about fitment and he offered to send me a few extra pieces for free if the t piece didn't work out.

Darn nice bloke. I was thinking about trying a Morey's kit, very glad I went with Flashlube again!

Here's a link for those who want a peek.

http://www.flashlube.com.au/store/page.pl?id=228

ALSO

I rang an LPG installer today, who wanted to charge me $150 for the kit and another $70 to install it. Absolute thievery!

I should ring that installer back and let him know that he's a ripoff.

*GK picks up phone again, gives them a piece of his mind! LOL!*

Installer wasn't happy, but I just don't think it's right, marking up the product by $80. A disgrace!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10

Last edited by GK; 21-10-2006 at 12:58 PM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
peterban
AULTD

Hi GK,
did you buy it from Repco saving 8 bucks or did you buy it from Don Kyatt saving 8 bucks on Repco's price?
Do you know where the cheapest price is for the actual flashlube lubricant?
I usually buy it from Repco when they have 20% off and is usually around the $65 - $70 mark for the 5 litre container.
I use it in my 4.5 litre Landcruiser and have only had to reshim the lifters once in the last 150 000 Km's, before fitting the flashlube kit I did them 3 times in the first 100 000.
The shims are down to their thinnest possible measurement on the exhaust side now so will need a complete head overhaul when they need doing again!!!!
I think the flashlube has delayed the inevitable by about 150 000 K's, so in my opinion well worth while.
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterban
Hi GK,
did you buy it from Repco saving 8 bucks or did you buy it from Don Kyatt saving 8 bucks on Repco's price?
Do you know where the cheapest price is for the actual flashlube lubricant?
I usually buy it from Repco when they have 20% off and is usually around the $65 - $70 mark for the 5 litre container.
I use it in my 4.5 litre Landcruiser and have only had to reshim the lifters once in the last 150 000 Km's, before fitting the flashlube kit I did them 3 times in the first 100 000.
The shims are down to their thinnest possible measurement on the exhaust side now so will need a complete head overhaul when they need doing again!!!!
I think the flashlube has delayed the inevitable by about 150 000 K's, so in my opinion well worth while.
Repco saved me the $8.

I'll pick one up when the misses gets home from the shopping! I'll go one better, and just call her to pick one up on the way home! Sweet!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post