Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #31
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Briliant, Everyone should see that. Graphic, Yes, but not compared to reality. You can't undo certain mistakes. They should get an award for that film. The part where the bloke steps out of the car in front of oncoming traffic, highlights an major point. Your (or somebody elses) life can change in an instant.

Take care everyone and have a merry but safe festive season.

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #32
sleek7

The old man was an ambo for nearly 30 years....he's seen some stuff in his time...
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #33
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
The sad thing is, that is not fiction, it is the fact when metal comes in contact with flesh, the reality is way worse than the video.

Only one real thing to say here.

No matter how well you think you can drive, how good your car is, take a bit more care and lets see you all on the other side of the holidays.
Agree completly. These commecials do scare people, but you never want to see this stuff in reality.
A few years ago now, i was walking down stanley st heading towards the gabba to buy some brisbane lions merchandise.
Anyway the one way st with 4 or 5 lanes was closed down to one. ambulance and cops and forensics were all there. i didnt think much until i kept walking down and noticed a pair of legs being covered by a sheet...and further down what looked to be a head and torso under another sheet. Then looking at firefighters pointing up at a tree and seeing parts of a motorbike up there and the rest at the carpark across the st from the gabba. I was 19 then and it literally took me 5mins to put it altoghther and realise what i actually saw. Thank god i didnt see it actually happen...
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #34
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAxtER
I didnt think much until i kept walking down and noticed a pair of legs being covered by a sheet...and further down what looked to be a head and torso under another sheet. Then looking at firefighters pointing up at a tree and seeing parts of a motorbike up there and the rest at the carpark across the st from the gabba. I was 19 then and it literally took me 5mins to put it altoghther and realise what i actually saw. Thank god i didnt see it actually happen...
I've seen pics of that crash while doing a course at Mount Cotton , Simeon :(

There are some floating around the internet too if you know where to look ....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #35
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

that video gave me goose bumps and feel weird.. EVERY svhool should show videos like that!

A good mate of mine was drink driving a few years ago and speeding. He slid around a corner, hit a ditch and rolled the car into a tree. The passenger died on impact. I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I was him.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #36
bungarra

The best thing to happen to me and still makes me think to this day the what ifs, was being 10 years old and doing St John's Ambulance Cadets. As part of our Home and Road Safety course our cadet leader who was a RN got us a "tour" as she put it on Friday and Saturday nights at two of Perth's main hospitals ER, followed a few weeks later with a visit to the state mortuary. I think out of all our cadet group, only one person was ever done for drink driving. I think given more than 50 of us were put through that during sometime in our cadet time made us smarter and a bit more careful on the roads. I know the do gooders would probably cringe about a 10 year old seeing that, but it works, maybe we should be sending high school students to work in ER or at the Mortuary as cleaners for 6 months on Friday and Saturday nights as part of the 2 last years of school and maybe a few days a term working at the rehabilitation centres. Sounds harsh but it would stick in the minds whenever a dumb thought came into the mind.
bungarra is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #37
Mad Maxine

Very sobering. Made me cry a bit. Well worth passing on. We forget every day that we are piloting a tonne of metal around, and the potential damage it can do if our attention wavers in any way.

Thank you for posting this. I posted it to my Facebook page to get the message across too.

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #38
sxckevo
Ford motor company

nat lowndes posted a video like this a few months ago on facebook but imo it was more full on than this one wish i could find it to show you all, the music was by evenesence if any others have seen it

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #39
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

The most shoking but gets its message that i have seen is this one..
Everyone that has seen it has been taken aback and thinks a bit harder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3qdr0o-Tkw

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #40
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJOHN

THATS THE ONE!! thanks GTJOHN

very sad :(

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #41
Sizey
Mk5 Transbulance

I have seen both of them many a time. People need to see this in real life. The commercials are very graphic and hard hitting however it is one thing to watch and another to feel.

After being first on scene to a number of serious accidents and losing friends to crashes I don't mind watching these ads and actually quite enjoy them. However realizing that I am not all that normal, I do say to everyone that comes to my place for them to sit down and watch them.

And thanks GTJOHN for finding the British video as it was what I was looking for on youtube to post a link to.

B series xr6 wagon
Now deceased

BF Fairlane ex taxi
Now for more fun
[/CENTER]
Sizey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #42
Struggo

Great thread, all drivers need to see these vids, especially these young kids whom believe texting is so important, that it can't wait.

Don't Text and Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9krX9fHAfHM

Please drive safe everyone. I lost an Aunty in a car accident back in 1994 because the driver was drunk. Take this video to your your heart and have it with you on the road.

Last edited by Struggo; 11-11-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #43
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got to say that actually made me feel quite physcally sick .just came back from the gold coast and there wasn't one red light we stopped at where some clown was going through an amber or red the other direction .at one set of lights we actualy had someone going through from every direction .we usually hit the horn for 3-4 seconds when they do and you can see the suprise/shock on there faces when they either think i have been busted or "oh shat i am about to have a collision "i would like to think that it might deter them from doing it again ........maybe if we all hit the horn when we see this stupid behaviour it might help ...doc
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #44
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
Wow... that is...

I don't know what to say...
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #45
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Wink

I can promise you, my attitude towards driving has changed greatly since watching these videos this week .... Even my daily roadrage outbursts have dissapeared , i just let these idiots speed on and tailgate someone else i am in NO hurry as I have a beautiful woman to go home too ..

Oh and i love my car besides..Peace out Daz.
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post