Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #61
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Gettin way to personal......

On topic,
I critisize FPV for putting standard brakes on the new Supercharged GS
after the previous one had good brakes, I don't follow the logic in that...

FG R6 but I don't speed.

The previous one had exactly the same brakes.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #62
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

BUt the GS had the Brembo option didn't it?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Wow, I thought it was standard.....

I'm big enough to admit that I was wrong.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #64
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Guys seriously, the xr8 thread is one of the better around with so e good points and comments.....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #65
arboo
Starter Motor

Had made up my mind to trade my 08 SSV on a GS with that sweet motor. Was absolutely devastated when I saw one in the flesh with those brakes, that interior, that XR6 looking exterior AT THAT PRICE!
For nearly 10K less in a Redline SSV I will get leather, Brembo's, Dual Zone, Sat Nav, Reverse camera. Wish I could order my SSV with that sweet Ford motor.
arboo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #66
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

The Old GS

Quote:
Every FPV GS Series also comes standard with unique GS striping graphics, charcoal cloth interior, FPV GT instrumentation, gear knob, starter button and badging, premium sound system with iPod® and Bluetooth® integration, and dual zone climate control. There’s also ’302′ graphics on the GS sedan’s rear spoiler.

The GS sedan also features 19-inch Graphite rims and a choice of six exterior colour/stripe combinations, while the GS Ute features 19-inch Alpine Silver rims, FPV soft tonneau and a choice of three exterior colour/stripe combinations.

Like its namesake from three decades ago, the new FPV GS Series offers a long list of options that include a FPV-spec four-pot Brembo brake upgrade, a six-speed auto transmission recalibrated specifically for the GS’ 302kW engine, leather seats and satellite-navigation, and, on the Ute only, a hard tonneau with spoiler.