Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #31
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOracing
So.....all this talk about choosing your repairer, checking out their workshop, their previous handywork, the feng shui - all stack up when your 100 miles from home, you've bent your girl, its undrivaeable and before you can gather your senses, your car is on the back of a towy headed for Pauly's Panel Parlor?
No I'd think more like be prepared beforehand. pay attention to the comments of other people in your area about repairs they've had done (good or bad) and you should start to work out which repairers would be a good start if/when you're unfortunate enough to need their services. I figure most people on this forum are interested in cars and probably talk to other people about cars and the chances are most of us know someone who is in some way associated with the crash repair industry
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #32
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you ever noticed that when picking up your pride and joy from panel shops its always in the arvo at knock off time ,it makes good practise to say that you will be there next morning and that will give you time to inspect properly and tell them any bad news ...doc
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #33
nfury8

Default RE RE ASSESSMENT 14th October

Allrighty then...

Got THE CALL today from a claims manager who agreed to having the ute recified by my preferred panel shop.

The entire ute will be checked over and then quoted on by my preferred panel beater and another panel shop(required for evaluation?)

The insurance company will rectify all work done by the panel shop including additional/private work i ordered while they(panelshop) had the ute.

The original panel beater will be brought in and shown all defects (I guess so he knows what he wont be paid for?)

To compensate for the mess, the insurance company will pursue the panel shop for hire car costs while rectifcation work is done

IF YOU KNOW OF A REPUTABLE PANEL SHOP PLEASE LIST IT IN THIS THREAD
VICTORIA South Eastern Suburbs

Pretty excited thanks AAMI
nfury8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #34
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

gee mate thats a good result sounds a bit above and beyond thats great. Is that with aami, i had my ute fixed by them not my insurer. panel shop put the wrong front on and aami told them to have it back to the same way i had modified it. The panel shop wasn't real happy but they did a bloody great job though. Good luck with your car.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #35
TRRTRY

Yeah - who is the panel shop, as i'm in your area and don't want to get stung in the future. PM me if necessary

Cheers!
TRRTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #36
nfury8

Default Take 2

Dropped ute back to AAMI its all go for the recification work v excited, hopefully all goes better than the first time round.
Old 13-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #37
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Good stuff glad to see somebody not just bending over and taking mediocre ******** that has just become "the Norm" these days.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #38
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

As it's been pointed out, a majority of panel shops are under the pump to fix the cars by the insurance company and the consumer who wants the car back yesterday. Insurance companies can knock back some items or force the shop to repair and not replace. It doesn't excuse dodgy work however.
Your best off paying the insurance company a little more if necessary to be able choose the panel shop of your choice. All it takes is to ask people who they get their body work done by and keep it for future refernce.
I've had two repairs done by a 'reputable' panel shop in Maitland. My wifes wagon came back with crap in the paint, the ariel replaced by a 'full floating unit' (wasn't bolted in) and overspray everywhere. I wasn't concerned because we were selling the car anyway.
The second time was my sons EB which had been hit on both sides by two different old lady drivers in two seperate incidents while it was parked at his work. The front bar had to be replaced as did indicators etc. They repaired the bonnet and brush touched the chips then clear coated the entire bonnet. **** everywhere in the finish and poorl repaired. The new front bar is missing the trim and is held on by loom ties either side because they couldn't get the bar to line up with the bolts....
As a former spray painter it shocked me to just how dodgy this place is. I ended fixing it for him but never again will I allow a car to be taken there.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #39
nfury8

Default Update

Its been a while so here we goes...

PICK YOUR POISON
#1 Insurer says you can have the panels resprayed elsewhere, but we can only cover the panels we paid for (private work to rear quarter, bonnet etc will not be touched/fixed) Though this would fix some things there would still be faults HMMM...

OR

#2 If you let us(insurer) send the ute back to the original repairer, we will ensure all work including private work is fixed.

Insurer assures me if the ute is sent back to repairer they will quality control the work and only return the ute when PERFECT.

I decided to let them have another go, and will attempt to compress 4 weeks unease into a few sentences...
OK cleaned ute and marked ever fault i could find including 2 brand new(1 replaced,3 refaced) rear rims damaged by towie during repairs

Insurer recieves ute and tells me it will be ready in a 7-10 days.
7 days later car is towed to their office(insurer) inspected and sent back, made to respray both front quarters OHH YEAH and one of your rims was damaged by towie and will need refacing... again

A bit later(7 days) the insurer called me and said it will be ready today, ill call later to confirm...
Bad news the rear quarter needs attention (3rd times the charm) blah blah blah

`tis all sorted now and pretty happy with it all still would never return to that shop ever ever ever.

Strangely just over 24 hours after recieving the ute back i have had a LOT of prank calls from various innocent people selling their cars online who have been given my mobile number.

Businesses like this one should be on a list somewhere, anywho got my wheels back will post a pick when i get a chance
Old 13-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #40
TerritoryTurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOracing
So.....all this talk about choosing your repairer, checking out their workshop, their previous handywork, the feng shui - all stack up when your 100 miles from home, you've bent your girl, its undrivaeable and before you can gather your senses, your car is on the back of a towy headed for Pauly's Panel Parlor?
Actually it would probably go to the towies holding yard before being transported to the assessment centre (or an assessor sent to the tow yard). You should have a couple of days to get some quotes, if not ask for more time to find some. Any reputable insurance company should allow this. If you ask it could probably even be transported back to your home town if not too far away to your preferred shop.

I tapped someone from behind in mine in traffic about 18 months ago and it needed to go to a panel shop for repairs for a new bumper and a few other bits. AAMI sent it to Grove Body Works in Enoggera in Brisbane and I couldn't have been happier. I'd recommend this place if anyone is looking for a panel beater in the Brisbane area. Paint, panel alignment, accessories were all perfect and they'd even washed and detailed the car and cleaned the inside as well. It was as if I was driving home in a brand new car.

Matt.
TerritoryTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #41
TerritoryTurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfury8
Its been a while so here we goes...

PICK YOUR POISON
#1 Insurer says you can have the panels resprayed elsewhere, but we can only cover the panels we paid for (private work to rear quarter, bonnet etc will not be touched/fixed) Though this would fix some things there would still be faults HMMM...

OR

#2 If you let us(insurer) send the ute back to the original repairer, we will ensure all work including private work is fixed.

Insurer assures me if the ute is sent back to repairer they will quality control the work and only return the ute when PERFECT.

I decided to let them have another go, and will attempt to compress 4 weeks unease into a few sentences...
OK cleaned ute and marked ever fault i could find including 2 brand new(1 replaced,3 refaced) rear rims damaged by towie during repairs

Insurer recieves ute and tells me it will be ready in a 7-10 days.
7 days later car is towed to their office(insurer) inspected and sent back, made to respray both front quarters OHH YEAH and one of your rims was damaged by towie and will need refacing... again

A bit later(7 days) the insurer called me and said it will be ready today, ill call later to confirm...
Bad news the rear quarter needs attention (3rd times the charm) blah blah blah

`tis all sorted now and pretty happy with it all still would never return to that shop ever ever ever.

Strangely just over 24 hours after recieving the ute back i have had a LOT of prank calls from various innocent people selling their cars online who have been given my mobile number.

Businesses like this one should be on a list somewhere, anywho got my wheels back will post a pick when i get a chance
I hope it's all good now mate and you don't find other problems down the track.
TerritoryTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #42
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfury8
Are any of them good bargins? Sorry just had to say it.

Thats really low if they did do that ontop of everything else that they didn't do right...

At least you have your pride and joy back in the condition it was intended to be in first time....

I hope they get black listed...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #43
F6T
Has V8 envy

Ah what an absolute nightmare mate. So glad I have a repairer that is a perfectionist and simply will not let the car go until it is spot on. They are worth their weight in gold (trustworthy reputable repairers). Hope you are happy with the end result now.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post