Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #31
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'm surprised they haven't painted it with black splotches and strapped a cows head to the end of it.....
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 15-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #32
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

time to start buying T-shirts and jumpers with seat belt sewed on.,.. haha
Old 15-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Yeah, and hows that been going for you? Oh wait, here we are, more and more, and more cameras. Oh yeah, its obviously a stroke of 'jeanyus'.

How does any of what you said effect the guy in parliament? Votew him/her out. Yeah, how? You need a majority of voters for that.

Umm, did you miss the part where obviously voters dont care about cameras, or enthusiasts, or people who like driving. How do i know that, ummm, more cameras and more cameras, and no-one cares except enthusiasts. They are the majority of people in Australias states, to them, slowing every car nut down is perfect, and they do believe the only people who speed are car nuts. The dude annoying their quiet latte at the beachfront with his doof doof, a car nut, who obviously speeds, thats how they see it. You must travel in a very narrow circle if youre unaware of that.

You jump on Labor every chance you get, its clear you have an agenda that is not purely camera related, Im just calling you on it. If it was the LNP, and sooner or later it will be, and they will introduce more cameras, Im betting those who say vote em out, will be met with "and what, go back to Captn Bligh?" as opposed to this constant vote em out you give now.

You may be albe to fool others, but you will never convince me half of this is not your political bias. I can read.

Youre the one who wants to lay back, until the next election, then lay back again. Thats the very nature of waiting for elections to get results. They arent a daily occurence.
Its going quite well for me actually.

Most recently the sitting state member here lost his seat because many including myself made the Traveston dam a personal issue.
No one except a few people in the Gympie/Maryborough area cared about that but hey guess what, your precious comrade anna got overruled.
I wonder why they did that? Was it because there was a federal election coming up and there were a lot of angry people in several seats that they did not want to lose?

I am sure you can read but there is a huge difference between reading and comprehending.

If you did actually have a clue about any of this you would be aware that Labor did not introduce speed cameras to QLD, Nationals did....

You know the Nationals, the ones who upset many rural Queenslanders so badly in 1996 that they (we) took it personally and removed almost all of them at the next election.

Even a standing Prime Minister in a blue ribbon seat can be usurped by a retired media hack if he upsets people enough to take it personally.

We the people have the power and that is the one thing the party stooges and apologists are most afraid of.......
Old 15-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #34
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes ill wait for an election to voice my concern....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 15-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #35
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Its going quite well for me actually.

Most recently the sitting state member here lost his seat because many including myself made the Traveston dam a personal issue.
No one except a few people in the Gympie/Maryborough area cared about that but hey guess what, your precious comrade anna got overruled.
I wonder why they did that? Was it because there was a federal election coming up and there were a lot of angry people in several seats that they did not want to lose?

I am sure you can read but there is a huge difference between reading and comprehending.

If you did actually have a clue about any of this you would be aware that Labor did not introduce speed cameras to QLD, Nationals did....

You know the Nationals, the ones who upset many rural Queenslanders so badly in 1996 that they (we) took it personally and removed almost all of them at the next election.

Even a standing Prime Minister in a blue ribbon seat can be usurped by a retired media hack if he upsets people enough to take it personally.

We the people have the power and that is the one thing the party stooges and apologists are most afraid of.......
Youre clutching at straws.

Garrett overturned under Rudd. There was no need for an election for considerable time, in political terms. Gillard called the election much earlier and it was her popularity problems that caused the closeness of the last election. Even the Liberals were aware they wqerent going to win against Rudd, they would just narrow the gap, and would have been quite happy with that.

Second, Anna is not my comrade.

Reading and comprehending? Good youre off to a good start, now to see if you can apply that awareness.

None of what you say about election results had any relationship to cameras. Cameras are the issue here. We have at our disposal, the right to speak, the right to vote, the right to protest, the right to door knock, the right to draw positive attention to the issues of the erosion of civil rights caused by proving your innocence.

My point, Ill help with that comprehension thing and spell it out, again.
1st, if you make it about politics, you lose half your audience, wheres your majority for the vote youre relying on?

2nd, most people dont care about cameras. Their views, not mine
- You got done for speeding, I hope you lose your licence forever.
- Unregistered, good you deserve it.
- Tailgating, youre an idiot.
They have no sympathy. Do you support the right to drive unregistered? What about one of the multitude of items listed in the pet peeves thread, do any of you have sympathy for the people who do those things, because that may help you understand the apathy the average Australian has for your concern over getting busted for speeding, as they see it.

So, even if the election would change something, they are years apart. Seems pretty lazy to me.

Focus on the issues, not politics, and you have a chance. Keep up the polly bashing, and yes they often deserve it, you'll get nadda but a different government raping your rights the same way.

Honestly, you have no hope of getting rid of them, they're here to stay. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They all want it, and always will.

But you can fight the unfairness of them, the errors, the locations. And that, you can win. Even those who dont like cars, many will like the erosion of fairness much less.
Old 15-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #36
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Wait till they start fining us for mismatched hubcaps and primer/mismatched panels. Most of the VL commie's would be in a fair bit of strife!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 15-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Started as a thread on Cameras and was pushed into a thread on politics, everyone hates the cameras, you want to discuss politics you will have to do it else where.
Site Terms & Conditions Link
http://www.fordforums.com.au/announc...nouncementid=2
1. Posts about or containing references to: religion, race, politics, sensitive or controversial subjects.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread