Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #31
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Cash or bank cheque. I would never accept any other payment method on a car sale.
you have just been robbed my friend for accepting a bank cheque as payment.plenty of dodgy bank cheques these days , just for anybody else who does not know. a guy I do work for was selling his merc. some guys came around(do I need to mention nationality ,let you guess) and had a bank cheque as payment. they wanted to take the car as they had a bank cheque and had deposited into his account. he would not let the car go until the bankcheque was cleared. guess what the check never cleared. this goes on all the time for people that do not know. bank cheque are no guarantee whatsoever.

as for the op. no dealer ever offers a resonable amount. you could at least do the right thing and maybe help yourself out by mentioning the price the dealer has offered and then offer it to anyone else on the forum if they can beat it by say $500 or anything for that matter. it would be better to go to a member on here rather than some shonky car dealer.it may pay for a few more sessions for your kid. just a thought and all the best with it.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #32
prydey
Rob

a bank cheque or corporate cheque (credit union) is as good as cash. for a bank or credit union to give you a cheque, they take the funds from your account. its not like a company cheque or normal cheque where the funds may not even be there.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #33
LightningStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
a bank cheque or corporate cheque (credit union) is as good as cash. for a bank or credit union to give you a cheque, they take the funds from your account. its not like a company cheque or normal cheque where the funds may not even be there.

The above is true - but it might not stop someone forging one!

Winter White AUII eGas 1 Tonner Goooone!

Winter White SY Ghia AWD 6spd Injected Gas
Mazda 3 SP25GT
==========================
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #34
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Are you familiar with modern printers? Apparently there have been numerous cases of bogus bank cheques.

You are right if the cheque was legit though. Unless you deal with lots of them, then its probably hard to tell real from fake.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #35
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You can still cancel a bank cheque though, just ring up the bank and say you lost it.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #36
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
ouch... but family comes first every time.

what are you gonna replace it with? no matter what itl feel like a slug lol
yup, going back to the biggest slug of them all. Not paying those sought of dollars though
http://www.fordmusclecars.com.au/vie...sp?ItemID=6991
Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well guys, no matter where i turn to, this guy turns up trumps, so I basically trust his intentions. However I will still heed caution !
I'm only selling my FG for what I owe on it, hence why it is the cheapest one available. I'm not looking to make any profit on it, I just want it sold so I can move on
I have spoken to Citylink motors bank and their branch manager Christina, and she assured me issuing bank cheques is a fairly regular occurrence for Citylink motors.
The deal gets finalized either tomorrow (Friday) or Tuesday next week, depends on another sale hes trying to confirm for a 350Z. He says he normally doesn't go out of state unless he has at least 2 - 3 cars lined up to take back.
Thanks for all your posts guys, they have been most valuable
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #38
The Outsider

so what are you selling them?
no doubt ill see it in the yard within a week with 10k whacked on top
The Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #39
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m from Perth, so don’t know him from soap.
However the standard ploy in these cases is to ring you up, tell you your car is exactly the kind of stock they’re after and you’re asking a very reasonable price.
Then when he comes round to do the deal, suddenly your car is full of little flaws that they will have to pay to fix (which they won’t,) they already have enough in stock, and he’s doing YOU a huge favour.
The BIG scam (and I’m not accusing this guy) when there is distance involved, is to get you to bring the car to them. So at that point you are half committed, and they try and pressure you into accepting their offer.
Can’t hurt to let him come to you and make an offer, but if it involves you taking the car to him be wary. Understand that if he’s after a dozen cars, he will have contacted a 100 sellers, and will only buy from those who are desperate to sell.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #40
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Cash or bank cheque. I would never accept any other payment method on a car sale.
I was with a mate in Sydney who bought a new Subaru and while the dealer was A dealer in Sydney was telling me they no longer accept bank cheques. Aparrently, a Mercedes dealer sold a car to a couple of well dressed gentleman who made payment in full witrh a bank cheque. They came in on the friday afternoon and did the deal. Dealer couldn't bank the cheque until Monday and found out that the 120k+ cheque was a forgery. So the dealer is out one very expensive Mercedes, and because they released the car before the cheque had cleared, insurance wouldn't pay. So now they want want cash or direct deposits into their account.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #41
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

City link are good to deal with. My old BA XR8 ute was 18 mths old (I lease it for work) the accountant said you needed to spend some money, hows your car I think you need a new one? I took the car with about 50,00k's on it into kloster ford at newcasle for a trade on a new BF XR8 ute 6 speed man the same as the BA in spec. the payout figure on the lease was 26k they offered me 18k trade I rang city link described the car (it was immac) over the phone they offered me 23k to be adjusted either way on inspection when I drove it to sydney they were amazed at how good it was they paid me 25k. I took the cash and went to winford motors sydney bought a new FPV and first stop was back at klosters in newcastle to show Andrew my new car that he could have sold to me if he wasn't such a douche. The guys at city link said when I want to get rid of the next one give them a call clean cars are easy to sell aparently.
The ute was for sale there at 30990 it was gone in a couple of weeks still had 18 mths new car warranty and was near perfect. An easy 5 grand to them with no warranty worries.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #42
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
You can still cancel a bank cheque though, just ring up the bank and say you lost it.
I have bought and sold a bunch of cars in the past 2 years. I clearly state in my ads that cash = drive away on the day and ANY cheque = car and keys stay in my possession till money has cleared. I do not drive the car and it stays in the garage.

No if's, no but's.....

Last car sold for $12K. Guy turned up with a brown paper bag full of 50's and 100's. I know these can also be forged but I inspect them pretty closely and a large qty of cash is harder to forge than a single paper cheque.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #43
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your not gonna believe this guys, but they pulled the pin on me in the 11th hour!!
He rang me, while I was at the bank, and had just signed new loan papers!
I went absolutely spare at him over the phone inside the bank! I was incredibly infuriated and shot my mouth off with no holding back!
His/their excuse was that they had found one for 2K less than mine, but was identical to mine in everyway, so the boss had decided that it would save him $3500 ($2000 less than mine and another $1500 to ship and put it on his yard), so he told the buyer to ring me and can the deal :(
After I had had my bleat at the buyer, he said he felt real bad and was trying all his ******** tactics to smooth it over and so-forth, and that he wouldn't give up trying to sell my car, but I dont believe anything he says anymore. There's a reason why car salesmen have such a bad rep, and him and his company just backed that one up!
So I can now answer my own question guys, is citylink motors anygood???

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #44
fmc351
let it burn

Well then, it seems we have a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
However the standard ploy in these cases is to ring you up, tell you your car is exactly the kind of stock they’re after and you’re asking a very reasonable price.
Then when he comes round to do the deal, suddenly your car is full of little flaws that they will have to pay to fix (which they won’t,) they already have enough in stock, and he’s doing YOU a huge favour.
The BIG scam (and I’m not accusing this guy) when there is distance involved, is to get you to bring the car to them. So at that point you are half committed, and they try and pressure you into accepting their offer.
Can’t hurt to let him come to you and make an offer, but if it involves you taking the car to him be wary. Understand that if he’s after a dozen cars, he will have contacted a 100 sellers, and will only buy from those who are desperate to sell.
DING! DING! DING!
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #45
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no no, it was nothing like that, he didnt try to budge me down anymore or anything like that. It was just purely "look the boss has found another one that is cheaper here in Sydney by 2K" so hes gonna run with that.
He said over the weekend that he could get requests for more of what I have, then the deal would be back on again of cause.
I'm not defending him, in fact I am still very angry at the whole situation.
Next time there is an offer made, I will request this be put in writing or me given a substantial non refundable deposit, so I get these time wasters committed
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #46
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51
Your not gonna believe this guys, but they pulled the pin on me in the 11th hour!!
He rang me, while I was at the bank, and had just signed new loan papers!
I went absolutely spare at him over the phone inside the bank! I was incredibly infuriated and shot my mouth off with no holding back!
His/their excuse was that they had found one for 2K less than mine, but was identical to mine in everyway, so the boss had decided that it would save him $3500 ($2000 less than mine and another $1500 to ship and put it on his yard), so he told the buyer to ring me and can the deal :(
After I had had my bleat at the buyer, he said he felt real bad and was trying all his ******** tactics to smooth it over and so-forth, and that he wouldn't give up trying to sell my car, but I dont believe anything he says anymore. There's a reason why car salesmen have such a bad rep, and him and his company just backed that one up!
So I can now answer my own question guys, is citylink motors anygood???

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crappy for you.

But, thats business!

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #47
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

mate that dealer is a dick.
when i was looking for a xr8 he had one so i went for a look.
it was right in the driveway ready to go so i asked to take it for a spin but he tried to drag me into the office to sort out finance to make sure i was legit.
i already had the cash to go but he wouldnt listen.
so i walked away and went to an audi dealer who wanted me to take one for the weekend so he didnt have a falcon on his lot.
bet you can guess which one i bought.

so the morel of the story is that city link motors are a bunch of nuffys
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #48
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
so i walked away and went to an audi dealer who wanted me to take one for the weekend so he didnt have a falcon on his lot.

The latte sippers would have scoffed at a Falcon being in an Audi yard. 'We should make our leave, Percival - there's a bogan in the area'
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post