Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Everyone should watch this.

Hi guys,

Got this sent to us at work from our superintendants asking us to drive safely now that christmas is coming. Thought I would share as I think it is a timely reminder what could happen. Appologises in advance as it can be a little graphic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

Rich

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

that makes me not wont to drive :( people should really get the message DRINKING AND DRIVING DNT MIX
EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
kocho
The Futuriser

Get that into every Year 12 assembly. Not saying P platers are the problem at all, but teach them young so they can grow into mature drivers.

If it allows one to reconsider driving drunk or on drugs, that's one less death on the road.

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

i am going for my Ps in feb and i am very worried about what happens on the road i dnt like how other people drive :(
Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho
Get that into every Year 12 assembly. Not saying P platers are the problem at all, but teach them young so they can grow into mature drivers.

If it allows one to reconsider driving drunk or on drugs, that's one less death on the road.
They have shown us one or two very similar ones this year at my school.

We also had the Firey's come out and talk to us and show a story that I think was shown on 'Australian Story.' It was about four or five teenage guys from a football team that died in a road accident somewhere in NSW.

I think they are quite effective, and I was certainly thinking about it when driving home that day.
Talking to some of my friends I think it was a good wake up call for them too.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt.4.me
i am going for my Ps in feb and i am very worried about what happens on the road i dnt like how other people drive :(
I tend to drive as though I believe every other road user is out to get me.
I believe I have avoided one or two accidents (not remotely my fault) just be paying attention to others on the road acting suspiciously.

Drifting lanes, lack in attention etc.
Had one moron try to show off coming towards me and I stopped (80k zone with no one behind me) He spun it and ended up in my lane where I would have been if I kept going.

Also under no circumstances do I think I am a pro driver.
I am not, I have had almost two years experience on the road...That is all.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie

Last edited by Coyote mk3; 09-11-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Holy Crap!!!!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

The sad thing is, that is not fiction, it is the fact when metal comes in contact with flesh, the reality is way worse than the video.

Only one real thing to say here.

No matter how well you think you can drive, how good your car is, take a bit more care and lets see you all on the other side of the holidays.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #9
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Accident crashes should be available for anybody to view graphic or not.. i havn't seen any since my last Defensive driving course.. but as Gecko has said, some are sick and tired of seeing these scenes played out in real life , but for me it helps to keep some sobering thoughts in my mind before making irrational decisions ....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

[QUOTEI tend to drive as though I believe every other road user is out to get me.
I believe I have avoided one or two accidents (not remotely my fault) just be paying attention to others on the road acting suspiciously.

that what i do ! just keeping my eye on the road that what my dad has taught me
Old 09-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn ... at least these sorts of messages are being shown at schools ... there was nothing like this when I was at high school.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
F6T
Has V8 envy

Jesus H....I will drive slower.

What an eye opener.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #13
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good video to watch, but reality is much worse than that, it has been greatly toned down for public viewing.

This is the mess emergency staff, highway patrol and ambos deal with on a daily basis.

Was driving to the shops just the other day to get a hair cut when a lady turned in front of an oncoming car, I was two cars behind her, not pretty, she ended up getting cut out of her car by rescue services, while the ambos were treating her as she was trapped in the car for a good hour.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #14
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Nothing like this shown at my school, i finish my hsc tomorow and the only road saftey thing was a few A4 sized posters with a mangled car telling us to slow down or somthing like that. This graphical in your face type stuff is needed. It works, least for me it did.

Thank you GTENVY for sharing it with us.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
MexicanBatman
Banned

meh, the emails my old man keeps sending me are more off putting... note do not go camping in alaska!
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
nipper575
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Powerful stuff.

Was not shown anything like that whilst I was at school either. Sadly, for some of the people I knew whilst I was still at school, it wouldn't of helped. No offence to anybody that has lost a friend or family member to a car accident but some people do not learn until it is too late.

I lost a cousin in a car accident who I was very close with. I have a friend who is now a paraplegic as a result of an accident caused by someone else. For people who do drive under the influence/speed at a dangerous level on a regular basis, the result is natural selection in motion, unfortunately it usually also results in innocent people getting seriously injured or worse. Sorry if that comes across a bit strong, but it's hard for me to feel any sympathy towards people who deliberately put others at risk.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
F6T
Has V8 envy

Nothing like this was shown in my school....at all.

The best wake up call for me was seeing my brother make an ar5e of himself with two drink driving charges and the shame that brought upon him and the disappointment I saw in my father's eyes. Also, when he stacked his ute and walked home ****ed on a Sunday night and every person driving to work then next monday morning saw the family ute stacked on the side of the road (thank GOD no-one was oncoming)...the skid marks stayed there for months.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #18
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBatman
meh, the emails my old man keeps sending me are more off putting... note do not go camping in alaska!

But those emails are probably not compiled under strict graphic content laws. This video was designed to educate, not emotionally scar for life.

Wish I could plug you into the images in my head and that of other Paramedics, that would change your mind. Our memories are much more graphic and combine it with the smells and the feel of the blood, they are a lot more terrifying.

Telling a Mother and Father that you could not save their Son and the look of devastation on their faces, it rips your heart out. I just hope no one here has to be on the receiving end of that conversation.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #19
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

You have to remember that even if you think your the worlds best driver (and who knows you might possibly be) that everyone else on the road is not.
You might be able to easily handle doing 160kmh but the oncoming car who is about to overtake won't be expecting someone doing that speed.

Drinking and drive and your a bloody idiot. No ifs or buts you an idiot.

I'm glad that video was posted again to bring it into everyones mind fresh.

Stay safe people.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #20
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
The sad thing is, that is not fiction, it is the fact when metal comes in contact with flesh, the reality is way worse than the video.

No matter how well you think you can drive, how good your car is, take a bit more care and lets see you all on the other side of the holidays.
Hear Hear

I actually overhead a conversation at work today from one of the paramedics, he was looking very forlorn and all I caught as I walked past was "So you saw it (the accident)...?"

His reply was just haunting... "Yeah... I did.... I'm still getting the dreams...."

If we are going to drive this holiday season, we all need to less of this -> if we are going to do this -> so we can all do more of....

THIS! ->
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 10-11-2010 at 12:40 AM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #21
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so sad but gee thats a ******-up video,i think im going to have no sleep
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #22
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
I actually overhead a conversation at work today from one of the paramedics, he was looking very forlorn and all I caught as I walked past was "So you saw it (the accident)...?"

His reply was just haunting... "Yeah... I did.... I'm still getting the dreams...."
I refer to case like that one as ghosts, each one you do is another ghost you carry around with you. Not all deaths we deal with are a ghost, some old lady in a nursing home is not a ghost, that was life and it was her time. It is the tragic and traumatic deaths that create a ghost, road deaths are a big contributor.

I can remember every ghost I have, there are 13 this year so far (god I hope their is no 14).

You rack up the ghosts until you can't carry any more and then you find a desk job or leave the service. Sometimes a paramedic becomes a ghost themselves, two that I know did. I bet their ghost they were carrying contributed to that.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #23
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
I refer to case like that one as ghosts, each one you do is another ghost you carry around with you. Not all deaths we deal with are a ghost, some old lady in a nursing home is not a ghost, that was life and it was her time. It is the tragic and traumatic deaths that create a ghost, road deaths are a big contributor.

I can remember every ghost I have, there are 13 this year so far (god I hope their is no 14).

You rack up the ghosts until you can't carry any more and then you find a desk job or leave the service. Sometimes a paramedic becomes a ghost themselves, two that I know did. I bet their ghost they were carrying contributed to that.
I would love to be able to convey to people what it is like to cause them to think twice before running that red light or having one more drink for the road. The problem is the normal person can't appreciate it unless they are there at the scene of major trauma, words are just not enough. Pictures do not even do it justice, it is not just the vision, it is the sound of the screams (or even worse is the silence) and the smell of flesh and blood.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #24
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the replies I am very glad I posted this up. Some great replies/thoughts, just wished the rest of society would get the message.

Drink, Drive -

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #25
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sort of desensitised to the old TAC advertisements...although I do heed their message because at one point, some of them did scare the crap out of me!

I did really enjoy the one where the bloke walks out in front of a car with his pizza though. I cried for hours over that pizza and those poor anchovies that were wasted.

Ideally, we should not need to watch others die to get the message.

As the Terminator said on T2....'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.'

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #26
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Jeez, graphic indeed. Well made though otherwise.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #27
Corzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt.4.me
that makes me not wont to drive :( people should really get the message DRINKING AND DRIVING DNT MIX

Amen!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #28
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Even though this advert goes for 5 minutes - I wish they ran it somewhere in the middle of every major TV event...
Be it sporting, dramas, whatever...

If you can watch this - and not feel any sort of emotion... be it guilt, fear, remorse, understanding, or otherwise... you sir - do not have a heart...

I feel for and highly respect people like GeckoGT who somehow manage to get themselves out of bed every day to witness such tragedies on a daily basis... I admire the strength and passion you must have for your job, and personally appreciate what it is you do for me as well as the whole community...

I would love to see the school system drum road safety education in to the minds of our youth... and teach them that they aren't invincible, and that these examples are not fictional...

I only hope that I never have to deal with a tragedy like these examples in the TAC ads... and I hope that every single person that watches it just considers the way they drive... and just takes a second to think about what they can do to avoid something like that happening to them...

If we all took an extra 30 seconds each and every time we drove... to pause a little longer at a stop sign... to take a second look at that blind spot... to let that car merge into the traffic... to keep the needle at or below the posted limit...

You'd have a greater chance of getting where you're going... 30 seconds later...
Is it worth your life to be there 30 seconds earlier??
Old 10-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #29
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Good post, there's another I will try and find. Just as poignant but a compilation from international Ad's.

Rule Number #1: NEVER think it can't happen to you.
Rule Number 2#: It's not a race.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #30
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:

Damn straight.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post