Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Default Driving Lights

I know this subjects been over done and yes they are illegal to have on unless there is fog. Then why the hell to I see cop cars getting around with them on? I don't know about other states but SE QLD, I see them all the time driving around with them on. So is there some special rule or law that allows them to have them on? :

Old 16-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving lights or fog lights. They are two different types of lights or purposes of lighting.

Fog lights, usually mounted low in the front bar provide lower light and that usually gets fog to help you see in such conditions.

Driving lights are usually mounted up higher, level with the main headlights, except AU T3 series of cars which had them in the usual fog light spot or so I'm told, are legally required to be wired into your high-beam relay so they only come on with them. Used to see further into the distance or slightly wider then the car's normal high-beam pattern.

The police here in Moree drive with their high-beam on most of the time because of the dimly lite side streets and to look for people, mostly that's what you've seen

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 16-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Yeah I mean fog lights, I call the others spot lights but each to their on. But you know what I mean.
Old 16-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
I know this subjects been over done and yes they are illegal to have on unless there is fog. Then why the hell to I see cop cars getting around with them on? I don't know about other states but SE QLD, I see them all the time driving around with them on. So is there some special rule or law that allows them to have them on? :

Nope...

Very rarely will u see a QLD police car with foglamps on.. They are all told not to use them unless its foggy, but you do occasionally get a junior in the car that has no idea what that button does and ends up with them on..
Old 16-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

this topic has been covered a million times, and from the opening post, all i see is a "people vs police" argument starting.
Closed Thread