Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
CONGO MILLENNIUM

Default BA to AU sill covers

Does anyone now if BA sill covers will fit onto an AU Fairlane?
What do the Tickford scuff plates look like?
Are they still available?
Does anyone have a pair for sale?

CONGO MILLENNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: BA to AU sill covers

The overall length is slightly longer and the profile at the front is different where the cover meets the guard and mudflap. I discovered this when I went to put skirts on the missus' wagon and got them off of a BA wagon. I had to do a dodgy trim job to get them to fit. Fairlane and wagon are the same wheelbase and should be interchangeable. Have a close look at a BA and you'll see that the guard is a different length between wheel and door plus the mudflaps are moulded to fit around the skirt where on AUI-II they aren't. If you want to do it properly then you'll have to find AUIII skirts,... and mudflaps too I suspect.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
CONGO MILLENNIUM

Thank's for the reply Bushbasher, however I was referring to the plastic covers that sit on top of the door sill. Maybe I didn't explain well enough.
CONGO MILLENNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazxr6
Thank's for the reply Bushbasher, however I was referring to the plastic covers that sit on top of the door sill. Maybe I didn't explain well enough.
Yes BA/BF ones are a straight fit to the AU's. I wouldn't mind some Tickford ones, might see if we can do another group buy on them soon.
Old 25-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Yes BA/BF ones are a straight fit to the AU's. I wouldn't mind some Tickford ones, might see if we can do another group buy on them soon.
I'd be up for a set too.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post