Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Whiskeyonesix

Default Someone doesnt like my car :)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...?t=769366&p=67

Haters gonna hate......

New brake switch at 203k+211k, new Discs and Pads + service at 212k
Whiskeyonesix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 
Default Re: Someone doesnt like my car :)

some are just quick to judge... and most usually have VT commodores :P
Old 28-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Whiskeyonesix

Yeah, know what you mean.

Although I didn't do myself any favours by posting what is actually a fairly average pic with a camera phone of a car that'd just done 300kms through dusty WA roads. And I didn't think owning an AU meant I'd have to develop a thicker skin to deal with the flak

Mind you, I think this guy's just a bit of a keyboard warrior anyway..

Old 28-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, it might be a 'base model' and a series one but it looks tidy and respectable compared to a lot of the trash riding around WA.

I like the AU1 with those s-pack 'egg crate' grilles.

Haters... lol

And what's with the comment about it needing a "whole respray" to make it look decent? That picture is so bad you can't see one dent or scratch anyway?
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Whiskeyonesix

Quote:
And what's with the comment about it needing a "whole respray" to make it look decent? That picture is so bad you can't see one dent or scratch anyway?
Aww God knows I think even if I'd have posted a pic of my car when its absolutely concours-class he've still got snotty cos its an AU Series 1 Falcon right?
And EVERYBODY KNOWS that AU falcons are rubbish yeah????

Old 28-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
05_ENFORCER

Ahh, good old Whirlpool, where every 12 year old gets to comment on everything they know nothing about
Old 29-12-2011, 03:42 AM   #7
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

put the body kit on, i put one one the wifes s2 forte and it looks better than my XR8. My kids got me a paint resto kit for chrissy so spent half a day doin the body and now looks like it just rolled out the factory so unless you got dents ect be worth a go also.
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

lol what a knob. he must be about 15, he doesn't know a thing of what he's talking about based on other nonsense comments he's made.
Old 31-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Whiskeyonesix

Hopefully I've put that Troll to bed, getting tired of his comments. Didn't want to turn that place into a slanging match - being a Newbie I'd probably the first to get banned... though not a great loss

There's critising and then there's slagging-off - he made it quite clear that he was never going to be in the slightest bit complimentary.

Old 31-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #10
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

LOL DZ621 is the usual forum troll ... and now i know not to post pics of mine on there ... many lol's ... actually i may sign up just to take him apart when i get bored
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Is it just me or do the "Unique Grille, Fog Lamp Bezels and Rear Bumper Inserts" look identical to the regular XRs ? haha
What would you expect from a forum named after a washing machine. They will run you through the ringer

I posted on a topic there once about a dodgy mobile phone dealer. I said I never had any issues and I was accused of working for that company. They are a bunch of cowboys.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Kryton

People are allowed to voice their opinion - it is the internet after all.
If you dont like what people have to say - probably best you turn the net off and start reading books instead.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
Whiskeyonesix

Quote:
If you dont like what people have to say - probably best you turn the net off and start reading books instead.
Thats fair enough.

People can criticise me or my car as much as they like - as long as they have a reasoned argument behind it. You give me 10 reasons why ive got a ***** car,and I'll give you ten reasons why it isnt
This guy didn't have a valid reason to have a go, and just fell back on the old chestnet of the car looking like it hadn't been washed for years.

Old 31-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
^^^^
this x 10
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I guess that's why it's called Whingepool.

It's funny watching people type stuff about certain ISP network topologies ... where they try and sound like they know what they are talking about ... when in fact I (and others in my old team) work(ed) on the network. Amusing ... for a while till it gets boring.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyonesix
Thats fair enough.

People can criticise me or my car as much as they like - as long as they have a reasoned argument behind it. You give me 10 reasons why ive got a ***** car,and I'll give you ten reasons why it isnt
This guy didn't have a valid reason to have a go, and just fell back on the old chestnet of the car looking like it hadn't been washed for years.
People can critise whatever they like for whatever reason.
Just because they dont give what you consider a satisfactory answer, doesnt mean they are wrong or their opinion is of lesser value than your own.
Perhaps you could give us 10 good reasons why you felt you needed to start a thread about it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #17
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

Honestly it doesn't look to bad to me, Im a big AU fan, love em.

However it is one reason i dont go posting pic's of my ED up. I look at it, and i see the couple parking dint's in it, the paint chips on the boot where a kid i know knocked over a patio heater on it, and so on, and it all just makes me feel down on it, when funny enough, i get a lot of comments from people who see it and say hey nice ED.

There really is too much negativity on forums, the old saying goes "If you dont have something nice to say, then dont say anything at all"

I always find the boat comment funny about falcon's, its assumed the car drives like a boat, yet they have absolutely no idea what suspension is even in the car, and yet i dont think the stock AU ever drove like a boat anyway. Like you said "Have you even driven an AU?"
Old 28-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
rowan141
Starter Motor

it does look like a tidy au mate
rowan141 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post