Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
danny_
Starter Motor

Post Bem/bcm

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if the BEM is the same as the BCM? And which one of these need to be reprogrammed by Ford to work?
I'm keen on installing power windows to my Forte (wind up windows all round ) and I read somewhere on the forum that I'd need to get a Fairmont/Fairlane BEM for the windows to actually work once they're all wired up.

Sorry for the noobiness!

danny_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bem/bcm

same item just gets called different names just like the ECU is called the PCM ( by ford)
to do what you want you will need the following
power winders
door trims and switches
all 4 door harnesses as even both front ones are diffferent
and the harness that runns through the body from the dash to the tail lights
and the high series BEM

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Default Re: Bem/bcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
and the harness that runns through the body from the dash to the tail lights
Thats the problem one, it runs from near the fuse box to all doors, up near the drivers A piller behind the dash (for tweeters and somthing else?), across the top of the parcel shelf to the center brake light, rear speakers and rear window dimister, to the tail lights, fuel flap, fuel pump, even through the passenger side firewall to the indicator below the mirror.

when i brought mine from a wreckers they quoted $60... they would have been p1ssed after spending an hour or more pulling it out lol

when you get ford to program the high series BEM to the ECU (or PCM) you can drive there with the old one plugged in and quickly plug the new one in when your there, you dont have to get your car towed etc.

worked for a S3, dont blame me if S1 is different :P

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post