Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 31-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AUSSIE top 10 factory 4 door 1/4 mile ,top speed times

With aussies love of the 4 door
anyone have/got a list of the 10 fastest FACTORY 4 DOORS from aussie land ???
if you can post from which magazine,book ect its from (for reference)
thatll be great
PLEASE no reference to 2 DOORS
and must be factory spec

302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to clarify do you mean "Fastest" as in top speed? or "Quickest" as in 1/4 mile? or 0-100?

Some people will struggle with accepting or understanding the difference......

Old 31-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
With aussies love of the 4 door
anyone have/got a list of the 10 fastest FACTORY 4 DOORS from aussie land ???
if you can post from which magazine,book ect its from (for reference)
thatll be great
PLEASE no reference to 2 DOORS
and must be factory spec
Quickest stock 1/4 mile to date is FG F6 12.36@114mph, reference Calder timeslip.

Then FG GE6T 12.82@109mph, REFERENCE WSID timeslip.

To date the best review time I have read is the FG F6 12.9.

EXCLUDED
FOR HAVING k&n filters.
BF F6 12.7@109mph
FG XR6T 12.81@110MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman

Some people will struggle with accepting or understanding the difference......
Asking for a 1/4 mile time and the top MPH associated with it.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another question to clarify - do you want time slips or magazine references. The mags use a vbox, which records as soon as the vehicle is moving, whereas the drag strip measures once you have broken the beam, meaning the car is on the move. This results in a difference of up to 0.4 of a second between the drag times and the vbox times. Speeds are also measured differently - the vbox is for the actual speed at the end of the 400m. Drag strips measure time between 2 points, either just after the end of the 400m or just before, resulting in different speeds.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
MexicanBatman
Banned

Forget top speed as they are all limited now anyways

W427 no 1. Lol

forget magazine times, car advice is the only site that's reported good times close to owners 1/4 mile times

I think track times are better as Calder wsid etc... All measure your et and mph the same way
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg6e

W427 no 1. Lol
What time do you have for the W427? the only one I know of was tuned and run 12.5, still I little shy of the FG F6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4mdHNYzeQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
Drag strips measure time between 2 points, either just after the end of the 400m or just before, resulting in different speeds.
Which tracks measures mph before the 400 meter finish?

Quote:
Another question to clarify - do you want time slips or magazine references. The mags use a vbox, which records as soon as the vehicle is moving, whereas the drag strip measures once you have broken the beam, meaning the car is on the move.
The time on a drag strip starts soon as the car moves past the 2nd staging beams, you stage on the line soon as you put your foot on the gas it starts recording.

Drag strip more reputable in my books with owner racing there own cars which is the true measurement of 1/4 mile and has been for 50 plus years..

Keep it simple post your times and then post the reference either magazine or the real world of a drag strip.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 31-05-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 31-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

more a list of 1/4 mile time and top speed
IE
PHASE 3 1/4 time XXXXX
PHASE 3 top speed XXXX
but stock factory spec,(not exclude this n that)
or someone mite say a stock GT minus the 6/71 blower
straight from the factory
"top 10 aussie fastest 4 door"
how does the GTHO ,stack up against the new breed ?
the best brockadores stack against the new breed ?
Old 31-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
JimNiki
71Mach1

I'm sure someone has the original factory 1/4 times for the old Aussie cars.
eg: monaro's, GT's, Valiant's, XA,XB, etc,

care to post ...
I'm just curious to see whether a FWD makes the top 10 quickest (1/4) Aussie made car?
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan

Which tracks measures mph before the 400 meter finish?

The time on a drag strip starts soon as the car moves past the 2nd staging beams, you stage on the line soon as you put your foot on the gas it starts recording.

Drag strip more reputable in my books with owner racing there own cars which is the true measurement of 1/4 mile and has been for 50 plus years..

Keep it simple post your times and then post the reference either magazine or the real world of a drag strip.
Our track here in tas measures the speed just before - the beam is 66 feet before the finish line, then the next is the actual finish beam. The speed is measured by the time it takes to pass between the beams, meaning it is the speed before the finish line, not actually at the finish line. This is true some of the larger tracks too (I just had a look at willowbanks details and it is the same)

As for the roll out on the start. There are 2 staging beams (top and second from the top orange lights on the xmas tree). The timing starts when you trip a 3rd beam, which is about 30cm in front of the second staging beam. Therefore the vehicle is moving by the time it breaks the timing light. In a high hp car, it can already be travelling at 6 to 8km/h by the time it trips the beam. I saw an example using a porsche 911 turbo that was demonstarting the differences in measurement.

So which is more accurate? Like i said - they give different times and speeds. The vbox shows a slower time but higher terminal speed. The drag strip the opposite.

The other problem i have is there are a few standard cars that are not quite so standard....if you get my drift.

My times at Tas dragway in standard cars
EL xr8 series 2 14.9sec at 99mph
BF Series 2 auto xr6t 13.8sec at 166km/h
BA GTP series 1 manual 13.9sec at 166km/h
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
Old 31-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
MexicanBatman
Banned

Kidding about the 427 lol I'd build my own for that $$$

but seriously do csv hrt or hdt or who ever they are and other low vol makers count?

They shouldn't imho but anyways.
Old 31-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Dodge
i like to be stroked

the figures you will get are like fishing stories, funny how the xa gt ho can magically now have clocked 170 mph.
all i know is the RT charger was the quickest down the 1/4 from factory
Road tests of the era recorded quarter mile times of between 14.1 and 14.5 seconds. 0-100 mph (160 kph) in 14.1 seconds was the norm. This compares to times of between 15.2 and 15.6 for the next quickest accelerating Australian muscle car, the mighty XY GTHO Falcon.
Old 31-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
MexicanBatman
Banned

lol

im not a drag racer, but i do believe the trap speed is an average over the last xxx ft of track measured both before and after the line

possibly why i did 110.62mph into a strong headwind vs most g6et under 110mph as i always keep it nailed past the line

fastest would have to be the cheating monaro 7L that they made but didnt... then low vol kit cars maybe? bullet roadsters you could get a s/c'd 4L or a 13bt or the cobra kit cars that were ready to run...

but we all know that the FG F6 is the current king

and top speed everything is now limited so the HSV that does 250 goes just as fast as the FPV doing 250... both faster than my G6Et that only does 230 (limited)

alteast it better than the 180 my e series was limited to..
Old 31-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #13
SpoolMan

Quote:
As for the roll out on the start. There are 2 staging beams (top and second from the top orange lights on the xmas tree). The timing starts when you trip a 3rd beam, which is about 30cm in front of the second staging beam.

This is incorrect, (just got of the phone with a Drag Track owner) once you break the 2nd beam the timing starts, its been like this for over 30 years he has been involved in the sport as a racer and owner.

This is why people red light they take off before the tree is finished going throw the lights break the 2nd beam and red cherry is on.
Both tracks in Victoria measure there MPH just after the finish line.
Measuring the speed before the pass is over dont make sense, whats the name of the track and is it ANDRA affiliated?

Now we can get back to listing the times whether it be magazine or track, post which one with your time.

Old 31-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
MexicanBatman
Banned

ok did some searching

W427 tuned by cv 12.5 bahhhh hahahah LOL maybe the put a 6.2 in there i dunno, but that sux

how about some supprise cars not the ones you'd expect to go so fast

like toymotor aurion trd 13.7 @ 102.2 (had mufflers and K&N otherwise stock very poor 60ft)

std aurion 14.5 mph unknown, a basic mod aurion filter and exhaust (no edit or headders) 14.27 @ 98.75

ralliart magna (180kw fwd manual) (auto 1.5 sec slower) between 14.2-14.9 stock depending on driver but a definite mid 14 for those who can drive reasonable of a 15 for them who cant

and the best of all

Toyota Tarago
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=44733&vf=2
with a slow 2.314 60ft it crossed the line in....... 14.993!!!

and also BF XT 6A in the same test managed a very impressive 14.593!!!

and another

pic from car advice 195kw holden not sidi

Last edited by andrewg6e; 31-05-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 31-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is incorrect, (just got of the phone with a Drag Track owner) once you break the 2nd beam the timing starts, its been like this for over 30 years he has been involved in the sport as a racer and owner.

This is why people red light they take off before the tree is finished going throw the lights break the 2nd beam and red cherry is on.
Both tracks in Victoria measure there MPH just after the finish line.
Measuring the speed before the pass is over dont make sense, whats the name of the track and is it ANDRA affiliated?
Ok, I will stand corrected, but the info was from the willowbank website and from our local Tas track, which is andra affiliated.

I'll shut up now and wait for some times to be posted and argued about.....
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush

Last edited by SpoolMan; 31-05-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 31-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #16
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mags from the 70's showed the XY GTHO Phase 3 did the qtr anywhere from 14.1 - 14.4 seconds for the tall diff Bathurst spec version.. Top speed with rev limiter connected on Globes about 144mph..

Never seen any mag results for the 3.5 or 3.9 diff ratio with CR box version.

Old 31-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
SpoolMan

Quote:
Ok, I will stand corrected, but the info was from the willowbank website and from our local Tas track, which is andra affiliated.
More info with the recording of the mph, you were correct in saying the 1st mark is placed before the finish line, but then the MPH is calculated at the end of the run of the 400 meter run.
Time for me to leave it for others to post there times.

Quote:

Toyota Tarago
Keep the discussion on Aussie 4 door cars as per 1st post.

=========================================

Phase 3 did 14.4 over the 1/4 mile and 14.6 sec 0 to 100mph therefor the 1/4 mile MPH for the phase would have been approx a little over the 100 mph mark.
I doubt if this would make today's top 10 for Aussie 4 door 1/4 mile times.

0-60 mph (0-97 km/h) 6.4 seconds
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h) 14.6 seconds
Standing 1/4 mile 14.4 seconds
Top Speed (with 6,150 rpm rev limiter) 144 mph (231 km/h)
Top Speed (without rev limiter) 155 mph (250 km/h)
more info on the XY spec GTHO here.
http://www.fomoco.com.au/PH3DIFF.html

Old 31-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Sprint347
Tickford

There is no way you would realistically gather an accurate 'top ten' list in order.

Fuels/tyres/drivers/weather/tunes... there are far too many variables.
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #19
JimNiki
71Mach1

That's it!
I'm selling the lousy Mach1!

Who wants to drag me at Calder?
I'll be the one in a white Toyota Tarago Van!
(please don't mistake it for the ice cream truck!)
I'll be carrying 7 people to be fair on ya and I'll play the Mr Whippy music for the hell of it too!
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah of course there is variables
but,we will never get an accurate list as such or will we
each magazine test thats done has many variables,hence why they do various runs when they do tests
IE best of runs, average runs ect ect
no point bragging about 1 , 11 sec pass when the rest of your runs are 14-15s !!!
its more a 1-10 list,with some sorta fact to back the figures
cant be that hard ???

SpoolMan,
thats what im talking about
Old 04-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #21
F666

Quote:
Quickest stock 1/4 mile to date is FG F6 12.36@114mph, reference Calder timeslip.

Asking for a 1/4 mile time and the top MPH associated with it.
I believe this car has XR8 airbox and K&N filter, could be wrong though.

I did a 12.60@110 Palmyra dragway QLD on 7/5/10.

FG F6 Auto Stock from the dealer, 1/2 tank BP98
I run a K&N filter that I replaced with the stock paper filter for this night.

Mag figures for this car say 13.2, maybe they cant get traction

Last edited by F666; 04-06-2010 at 01:07 AM.
F666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #22
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Measuring the speed before the pass is over dont make sense,
For the MPH they measure the average speed over the last 60 or 30 foot (can't remember which, but I think it's 30') before the finish line, and not the actual speed the car has at the finish line.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #23
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F666
I believe this car has XR8 airbox and K&N filter, could be wrong though.
Hi AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.
No the car that had an XR8 air-box with a K&N filter is the XR6 TURBO 12.81@110mph as my post above its excluded as they asked for stock times...
Any good numbers in QLD for stock ones?
I see a modified Green XR6T FG went 10.08.

Quote:

EXCLUDED
FOR HAVING k&n filters.
BF F6 12.7@109mph
FG XR6T 12.81@110MPH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
For the MPH they measure the average speed over the last 60 or 30 foot (can't remember which, but I think it's 30') before the finish line, and not the actual speed the car has at the finish line.
The mph is measured 1st @ 66 foot mark before the finish and again at the finish line it takes an average between this distance.
I sent an email to this company in the States and they supplied the formula of measurement.
http://www.portatree.com/

Last edited by SpoolMan; 04-06-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #24
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Ahh yes... that's the number, thanks.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #25
F666

Whoops, soz my MPH was 112 not 110 just checked

I thought you were refering to this one from the FordXR6turbo Top 25
18 WA AUXRATE/Stocker A6 FG F6 Sedan Motorplex 12.37 110
I think it has box and filter

But haven't heard of the 12.36@114mph
Awesome time!!

Last edited by F666; 04-06-2010 at 02:33 AM.
F666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #26
F6BF

Straight off the showroom floor BF F6 12.93 @ 108.9 mph
May 06, WSID
XR8 Sprint winter white
GTF Octane manual

FS: ZF 6 sp trans & converter out of stock BF mk2 typhoon
F6BF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #27
AUXRATE
FG F6 310, AU2 XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F666
Whoops, soz my MPH was 112 not 110 just checked

I thought you were refering to this one from the FordXR6turbo Top 25
18 WA AUXRATE/Stocker A6 FG F6 Sedan Motorplex 12.37 110
I think it has box and filter

But haven't heard of the 12.36@114mph
Awesome time!!
Yes was me, except I have now beaten that time, best now is 12.34 @ 112mph (should update XR6turbo.com), street tyres, only box and filter done.
AUXRATE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Toyota Tarago

and also BF XT 6A in the same test managed a very impressive 14.593!!!

i
After driving a BF XT with the 6speed ZF I am suprised at that time. The one I drove was very doughy.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post