Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default V8 oil cooler

Does anybody have a part number handy for the B&M oil coolers that are appropriate to suit our cars? I have a few listings at work but the connection to the filter is a little grey, I want a sandwich plate style one.

If anybody could help it would be appreciated.

Old 28-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: V8 oil cooler

Looking at this one and I think the filter adapter might be wrong:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-70270/
Old 28-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
BHDOGS
Banned

This cools ur oil what does this mean for reliability ect? Wats the benefits?
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
This cools ur oil what does this mean for reliability ect? Wats the benefits?
Should generally help the oil to work better, keep engine temps down etc. More a reliability thing. 220's ran them, 200s never got them.
Old 28-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I see so many people talking about them for the AU's but are they really needed ?.
I understand if you do alot of towing then yes, it is reconmended but for everyday driving and if you don't even do that, is it really needed ?.
I have never seen temp problem's in mine but I have often wondered about fitting one as many talk about them, so guru's what's the go really ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

I wouldn't waste my money Aust. Its only because of the high ECT's of 200degF+ that the factory felt the need for them.
You can drop your ECT's down straight away by changing the t/stat, which will keep your oil temps down anyway. Now if you were doing stationary burnouts, thats a different story.

I thought about removing mine because lets say in the Melb. winter, your oil takes forever to get up to temp in the morning "because" of the cooler. Oil can only do its best work at operating temperature.

If you are worried about oil temps, you can change to a cooler t/stat before you get the QH in the future, it just means your thermo fan settings will still be the factory settings, where I have reduced the 'ON" temp of mine 10degF. Save your money. You can have mine later on if you really want one.
-Craig
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
BHDOGS
Banned

im guessing on a boosted application like a supercharger situation it would be beneficial tho as thats my long term plans?
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post