Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-01-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
whippet_zetec
Supes

Default Gt4

Not sure if this has already been covered:

http://au.playstation.com/news/gt4_aus.jhtml

Australian auto power injected into GT4

Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today announced that cars from Australian manufacturers Holden, Ford Australia and Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV), will be joining a cast of over 80 manufacturers totalling over 700 cars in the highly anticipated release of Gran Turismo4 (GT4), exclusive to PlayStation®2.

Drivers wanting a car that is as savage as it is sophisticated will be able to enjoy the Holden Monaro CV8, the most powerful mainstream Holden ever produced. Enthusiasts will also be able to take the Holden SS for a spin, cruising the photo realistic GT4 scenery.

Ford fans will now also have the rare opportunity to drive the just released F6 Typhoon, FPVs first turbocharged model with over 370 Brake Horse Power (bhp), or the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8. If that's not enough grunt, the Ford Falcon GT, with over 550bhp will also be available.

There is no shortage of driving options. Concept cars, historical cars (going back to 1886), rally beasts, highly customised street racers with supercharges and nitrogen boosted vehicles are amongst the drivable cars in GT4. Options like the super fast Toyota 88C-V will be as close most will get to the 2.5 million dollar mid engine race car, with up to 788bhp.

"In their pursuit to craft the ultimate racing game, the Gran Turismo series developer, Polyphony Digital, called upon local Australian businesses to assist in capturing important details on Ford and Holden. From recording car handling, detailing specs, taking images and recording engine sounds, Polyphony's renowned perfectionism and attention to detail leaves no doubt. GT4 will be the biggest title in the series yet," said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia/New Zealand.

The Gran Turismo franchise, which began in 1997, is the ultimate driving simulator. Loved and revered by millions of fans the world over for its cutting edge graphics, huge diversity of vehicles and utterly compelling gameplay, the GT series has sold over 34 million copies to date.

Feast your eyes on the first screens of the Aussie cars in action, and expect official local release details for Gran Turismo 4 in the coming weeks.
Old 25-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
FordFan86
meow

Looks like i might have to go and buy a new game for my PS2... i only have like 3 lol, still haven't played number 3, tho i completed 1 and 2 several times over
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #3
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
Looks like i might have to go and buy a new game for my PS2... i only have like 3 lol, still haven't played number 3, tho i completed 1 and 2 several times over
GT3 was pretty good, i no longer own it though so i forget how many cars it had - it was a hell of alot less than 700 though! below 200 i think

Last edited by seano14; 25-01-2005 at 02:45 PM.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Makes me want to buy a PS2, I wonder if I could hook it up to my tv tuner in my computer
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can. i was thinking about doing that. though its much nicer the lounge on the couch infront of a big tv rather than sitting here :P
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
you can. i was thinking about doing that. though its much nicer the lounge on the couch infront of a big tv rather than sitting here :P
Yea but what about when you have Parents watching Coronation st on the big tv then your sister watching Shortland St or what not on the other tv. Plus there is benefits to it being on your computer, like you could record a lap to your computer or something.

How come that racecar is a really old AU? why couldnt they put a BA in there, like the one DJ tested at Bathurst 2002.

Last edited by M14A-Mclaren; 25-01-2005 at 03:41 PM.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah it was in the 'phoon area. But still..its going to be sweet! I cant wait. I never brought GT3 because I didn't have a ps2 at the hime. I dont think dynamics wise it was any better than 2, actually I preferred 2.

But 4 is going to be nuts!..whats the release date? if they delay it one more time im going to crack it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
How come that racecar is a really old AU? why couldnt they put a BA in there, like the one DJ tested at Bathurst 2002.
cost and time are the two things that come to mind, although they could have kept the dynamics and just remodelled it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #9
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

The Tyhoon is there...what about the Tornado? :(

I want a ute!
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 05:32 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

GT2 Was much better than GT3 Dynamics wise. The 3rd one concentrated to much on the eye candy and more or less failed to improve menu systems, music, Car damage, and had much less cars than the first two.

This one looks brilliant, I might get a PS2 just to have this game. Even though I like my Xbox.....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post