Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #31
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving record shows warning?

Some years ago my wife was caught speeding in my new XR8 at the time and the copper that caught her was in an identical car heading in the opposite direction. He wanted a chat about the car so asked me to sit in the police car whilst we talked and he wrote the ticket.
He had been through 3 diffs in a short time and when he left me with one wheel on the shoulder and one on the bitumen, and he floored it , I realised possibly why.
Anyway he couldn't delete the ticket but he said as she had a good record to write a letter to the fines office and maybe she would get off.
I paid the fine , but I also wrote the letter for her and I got a letter back saying the offence was proven but due to a good history they would refund the fine. Took me 3 months and a couple of reminders by phone to the fine dept but I did indeed receive the money back. So the moral is, pay the fine but write the letter and ask for leniency. I know it can work.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #32
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being a school zone offence and being 14 over I don't think you'll be given much leniency unfortunately. Many would have you crucified (i.e mostly by the group preaching these days about kids being hurt or killed by cars travelling too fast near schools)

I did the same years ago…15 kp/h over in a school zone.. I hardly never drive during the times of the day that school zones are in operation (I'm usually at work) and no warning flashing lights.

Thought it was a 60 zone. Went on through, ticket in the mail 2 weeks later..Booked doing 55 …WTF?

Just copped the fine and points and always kept a look out for them from then on
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

20yrs ago I got done for an unregistered trailer, the fine was sent to an old address and so eventually it made its way to court and I was convicted of it, when I went to get my police clearance and passenger accreditation I had to list all prior convictions and as i'd never had any I said I didn't have anything to declare, they found the conviction on my record and so before I could get approved I had to contact the courts and first of all find out what it was about and then resubmit the application with the conviction declared.

So yes, minor traffic offences which proceed to court and end up with a conviction can end up on your driving record.

I was told I could have it removed by submitting a 'spent conviction' request
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #34
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
So yes, minor traffic offences which proceed to court and end up with a conviction can end up on your driving record.
Driving record yes. Criminal record NO!

Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 10:44 PM   #35
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

Im not sure what your point is, its a conviction handed down by the courts which needed to be disclosed for passenger accreditation, they don't want to know about how I drive, that's not the point of it, they want to know if I've done anything which may prevent me from dealing with vulnerable people in the course of employment.

Once disclosed its obviously not something which would prevent you from doing your job as its simply a driving offence but its still a conviction and was still relevant to my application progressing.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:22 PM   #36
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Per my reply on the previous page could you please point me towards the source of truth on this issue, genuinely interested. As pointed out, there are a number of sources both govt and private indicating the contrary.

Edit- Reading the above, if Bent 8 was told to submit a spent conviction request, don't those relate to your criminal record? A cursory google shows that the spent convictions scheme is part of the Criminal Records Act 1991.

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/your...minal-records/

Last edited by Dave R; 11-03-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 04:22 PM   #37
nstg8a

100% once you’re in a court and are convicted it goes on your criminal record, not just driving record.
That’s there to stop everyone clogging the courts with meaningless appeals. (Like trying to get off 14kmh in a school zone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2020, 03:58 AM   #38
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Not all school zones have flashing lights. The students are long in school by the time the school zone period is coming to an end.
All their little brothers and sisters are filing in or out of the schools with the parents/grandparents at these times hence why School Zones hours extend beyond school start and finish times.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #39
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I'm not going to bother taking it to court - they are closed anyway and if I lose I will get a record I probably don't need.

So..... I'm still going to write in for leniency / review.

I know I'm not going to get off, now that the government is broke so I want someone more creative than me to make a short narrative as the reason why I did my crime.

I think something along the lines of being chased by a hoard of rabid Corona virus carrying zombies??

Then again, with that get me terrorism charges? Or is that only in the US?

Bugger, decisions, decisions, decisions...

I'm sure somewhere out there there is a file floating around of the most creative excuses to get off a fine.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #40
94_ef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Bugger, decisions, decisions, decisions...

I'm sure somewhere out there there is a file floating around of the most creative excuses to get off a fine.
https://cdn.liberal.org.au/pdf/Natio...uct%202019.pdf
1994 Ford ED Falcon GLi wagon. Discovered my love for Ford 4L.
94_ef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2020, 05:44 PM   #41
mondeomatureguy

Hi guys,
My wife got booked a few months ago driving to a job interview and went thru a School Zone no flashing lights and only had ten minutes left before the cut off time.

There was a Highway Patrol Car with his radar out and she didn't see it and of course she got booked.
I told her to "to write a letter first explaining what had happened" but she just paid the fine and left it at that.

PS she didn't get the job also.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #42
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Tell them Coles had cheap toilet paper and you figured it might come in handy, so you we're in a hurry...