Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
Falcon_lover97
Starter Motor

Unhappy 1995 WB festiva running issues

Hi all, just a few quick questions, so I bought a 1995 festiva a short time ago and ever since I bought it, it hasn't run right.

So when I first start it (cold or hot) it starts for a second then dies again then will continuously try and start, but then if I leave the key on in the on position for 5 seconds and crank it, it starts fine?

Second of all once it's started I go to accelerate and it hesitates to do so, it idles perfect but as soon as I try and put the foot down it just drops revs and then when I let off the accelerator it idles fine again?

I've replaced fuel pump and cleaned the tank out, replaced coolant temp sensor, dizzy cap, dizzy rotor, leads, spark plugs, ignition coil, fuel pump relay, injectors, fuel pressure regulator and serviced it (air filter, fuel filter, oil filter and oil) have also checked all the sensors aswell (MAF,TPS,IATS,TPS) but it still does it! Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your assistance!

Last edited by Falcon_lover97; 04-10-2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Left key information out
Falcon_lover97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post