Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 26-01-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
WildRacer
Cougar King

Exclamation Cougar Fuel Pump?

Hi, before I started my 3.0 swap the 2.5 engine was hesitating and not accelerating properly up hills, I have a second one and that drives a lot better and has loads more power. So I thought I may as well replace the fuel pump too. I've been looking into it on these forums and the UK Cougar forums (Same spec as ours) and all of the European/Aus spec Cougars only had return style fuel system,unlike the US versions which changed to returnless in 99.

Now apparently there are 4 different clip types for the fuel pumps , mine is an Eibach built in 02/00 but I thought i'd ask on here if anyone had replaced theirs on their Eibach? (or any Cougar really)

Thanks

Mods:
Escape 3.0 V6
ST220 UIM and LIM
NPG Fuel Adapter
California Clutch Stage 2 Disk and PP
ST200 Flywheel
Torsen LSD
Updated Shift Forks
ToyoSport Exhaust Headers
Custom 2.5" Exhaust dual
BAT 21mm RSB
PRT Heavy Duty rear drop links
Energy Suspension Polybushes all around
Eibach Suspension
Eibach body kit
01 Gauges
01 Steering Wheel
Aluminium Sports Pedals
Sony Double Din HU
ST200 Airbox
ST200 TB
Direnza ST200 Aluminium Radiator
Goodridge Brake Hoses
WildRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
WildRacer
Cougar King

Default Re: Cougar Fuel Pump?

So I ordered a GOSS Fuel pump and it looks identical to the one i've pulled out.

Has anyone had any luck with GOSS? I've been reading a few bad things lately about them, making me regret my decision to buy the GOSS pump

Mods:
Escape 3.0 V6
ST220 UIM and LIM
NPG Fuel Adapter
California Clutch Stage 2 Disk and PP
ST200 Flywheel
Torsen LSD
Updated Shift Forks
ToyoSport Exhaust Headers
Custom 2.5" Exhaust dual
BAT 21mm RSB
PRT Heavy Duty rear drop links