Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #91
FRIKA
FRIKA

you are spot on there was one on the way to WA for another dealer but it was not sold so my dealer will swap their black one for my silver
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #92
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
you are spot on there was one on the way to WA for another dealer but it was not sold so my dealer will swap their black one for my silver
If only my wife hadn't insisted on Blue Ambition. There is a nice Thunder sitting the lot. Oh, what to do?
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #93
FRIKA
FRIKA

black would look awsome. but i love my silver
Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #94
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
black would look awsome. but i love my silver
I think the Mondeo looks much nicer in lighter colours. Silver is def one of the best IMO.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #95
Bossxr8
Peter Car

If its already been built won't it be a 2007 model.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #96
FRIKA
FRIKA

no the compliance plate is stamped on arrival as an 08.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #97
FRIKA
FRIKA

Well thats what i was told. my contract does state 08 motor vehicle. can anyone else shed some light on this. I a better of to ask for an 08 build???
Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #98
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I'm pretty positive that it is stamped with a build date as soon as it leaves the factory. I know that all Australian made Fords are, so that even with the cars that were finished on the last day of production on December 14th and probably won't even be registered until January are still 07 models. Its when it leaves the factory that counts, not when it is delivered or registered.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #99
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I'm pretty positive that it is stamped with a build date as soon as it leaves the factory. I know that all Australian made Fords are, so that even with the cars that were finished on the last day of production on December 14th and probably won't even be registered until January are still 07 models. Its when it leaves the factory that counts, not when it is delivered or registered.

It does make sense what you are saying. I think Im better of phoning the dealer and telling him i dont mind waiting but i want an 08 build.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #100
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
It does make sense what you are saying. I think Im better of phoning the dealer and telling him i dont mind waiting but i want an 08 build.
Is there any difference between the 07 and 08 builds? Or is more that you just want an 08 build.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #101
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Is there any difference between the 07 and 08 builds? Or is more that you just want an 08 build.

not really concerned was just a worried that the car would be classed as 07. as long as its 08 than im happy
Old 06-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #102
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Hey guys,

I just today ordered my '08 XR5 mondeo. Sea Grey. They say about 4 weeks till she's ready for pick up.

I was all for the TDCi, but after driving the XR5 there is just no comparison, who cares about fuel economy .
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #103
bearass
FG XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Hey guys,

I just today ordered my '08 XR5 mondeo. Sea Grey. They say about 4 weeks till she's ready for pick up.

I was all for the TDCi, but after driving the XR5 there is just no comparison, who cares about fuel economy .

Congradulations, I wish mine was that quick for delivery - I am currently 8 weeks out and no sign of it yet as are others.
Post some pics when it arrives....
Old 06-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #104
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
...if you wanted a car that was 08 build then I think it would be a good 10 weeks plus before 08 builds hit our shores.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #105
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearass
Congradulations, I wish mine was that quick for delivery - I am currently 8 weeks out and no sign of it yet as are others.
Post some pics when it arrives....
Thanks.
Yeah I think I was quite lucky. The salesman was surprised to find an XR5 in the spec / colour I wanted, already heading to OZ.

Apparently there is also an available "thunder" XR5, with the voice recognition around the same 4 week wait.

4 weeks is going to hurt, I can't imagine how you will be feeling towards the end of 8.

Guys as for the build date, it usually doesnt matter when the car was produced overseas. They go off the compliance plate when it hits our shores, so you should be ok for an '08 build.

Thats how it was for my sisters lancer anyway.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #106
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Thanks.
Yeah I think I was quite lucky. The salesman was surprised to find an XR5 in the spec / colour I wanted, already heading to OZ.

Apparently there is also an available "thunder" XR5, with the voice recognition around the same 4 week wait.

4 weeks is going to hurt, I can't imagine how you will be feeling towards the end of 8.

Guys as for the build date, it usually doesnt matter when the car was produced overseas. They go off the compliance plate when it hits our shores, so you should be ok for an '08 build.

Thats how it was for my sisters lancer anyway.

Yeah i think im stressing too much for nothing. im just a worry wort.

How did you guys go with the dealer in relation to price negotiation. I heard most dealers are not offering any discount at all due to demand and that they are new cars????

Attached are some pics of the one i will be getting. The pics are a of a demo model which the dealer let me bring home

Last edited by FRIKA; 06-01-2008 at 10:06 PM.
FRIKA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #107
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

My pricing is thrown out by my trade in.

I owed more on my current car than I could trade it for (only slightly), but on the contract they have marked the car as being 44K incl on roads.

In reality I paid a little more than that to take care of money owing on my trade in.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #108
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Looks great dusty, very nice and I think I speak for everyone here who doesn't has theirs yet in saying Congratulations and we are so Jealous.

How did you get the yellow on red in the display. I thought it was red on black?

I so wish they gave the option to upgrade to the colour display for the Zetec and TDCi, like they do in the UK.
Hopefully some aftermarket mob will start installing them. Fingers crossed.
I think the yellow on red is a trick from my camera phone. They are usually red on black. And can be very hard to see if the light is shining directly on it too.

The book is thick enough now without having to worry about extra features from the upgraded display. Although it does look pretty flash in the XR5.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #109
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
Has anyone had the Turbo Diesel long enough to comment on the fuel efficiency? Any while i'm at it anyone with the petrol economy? Are they close to whats written on the windscreen???
I've had a diesel for about 3 weeks now. Just picked up my own and had a Ford demo prior to that. Looks like about 8-9 in the city and about 7 on the highway for the diesel. As with all things that depends on whether or not you put the boot into it, and also whether or not the a/c is on. I never turn it off.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #110
monkeyboy666

One more sleep to go for me!...........
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #111
jared79
Sock Puppets

Found out today that everything is factory built. So if you want Bluetooth, it comes from Belgium like that. Apparently every Mondeo in Australia with Bluetooth has been sold already. That is why I had to wait for mine. But after playing with the one at the dealer today. I am so glad I waited. You can read about it in my blog at http://web.mac.com/jared79/The_New_M...Blog/Blog.html

13 Days......
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #112
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Well the day finally arrived. After a wait of 2 months to the day we finally have our TDCi Hatch in Frozen White complete with leather, sunroof and bluetooth .... what a machine.

Still have yet to tackle the bluetooth feature .... maybe tomorrow.

One minor issue the rear lift door when open is too high to fit under the panel lift door ..... I guess the answer is to reverse in or unload/load outside which is not too convenient in the wet.

Minor quibble more than balanced by the other superb features.

Last edited by GRT046; 07-01-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: No Pictures attached
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #113
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

A couple of pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mondeo 1 reduced.jpg (112.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Mondeo 4 reduced.jpg (110.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 08-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #114
TheColonel

Very nice, congrats
Old 08-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #115
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
A couple of pictures
Oooooooooooo very nice. I never would have thought that white would look so good. But I like it.

Congrats.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #116
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
One minor issue the rear lift door when open is too high to fit under the panel lift door ..... I guess the answer is to reverse in or unload/load outside which is not too convenient in the wet.

Minor quibble more than balanced by the other superb features.
Maybe you could attach nice big thick padding to the panel in the garage. May not work. But worth a thought.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 AM   #117
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Oooooooooooo very nice. I never would have thought that white would look so good. But I like it.

Congrats.
Thanks Jared. Originally I was looking at getting one in Thunder but missed one that was actually in Brisbane by an hour or so. Settled for our second choice that was in the pre-order pipeline. A unit in Thunder with leather, sunroof etc would have taken a lot longer. I now have no regrets
Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #118
monkeyboy666

Well, I NEARLY got the car today! There was a hold up with the finance getting through in time (they wanted me to POST the contract back to them - how old-school...) , so it looks like it will be tomorrow instead.

I did manage to get to the dealers to take a pic of it though... The colours a bit deceptive being under a plastic roof, but its a TDCi in Thunder with sunroof, leather seats and bluetooth (which I didn't know I was getting but I guess I can live with it! ). The windows have been tinted too, which seems to set off the colour a bit better, comparing it to another Thunder they had there which had un-tinted windows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image043.jpg (106.9 KB, 88 views)
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #119
zetec
Zoom Zoom

European Fords are Build date + 2 months for Compliance. So if it's built in November 2007, it'll be a January 2008 Compliance which is the local "arrival" plate, even though it may arrive earlier.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #120
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Agreed,

Mine delivered yesterday had a build date of October 07 and compliance date of December 07