Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
AussieG62013

Default Mondeo Titanium 2015 Petrol

I am picking up a low k's 2015 Ford Mondeo Titanium Hatch with the petrol engine what shout I do when I get and to check etc
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Default Re: Mondeo Titanium 2015 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieG62013 View Post
I am picking up a low k's 2015 Ford Mondeo Titanium Hatch with the petrol engine what shout I do when I get and to check etc
If it's dark blue, make sure it's not the one my missus wrote off a few months ago
Old 03-06-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
If it's dark blue, make sure it's not the one my missus wrote off a few months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane
Or send him a PM, he was online yesterday.

No it's pearl white love pearl white.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #4
asteele-xr6

I did 85,000km in mine, and it was rock solid.

Check the tyres very carefully - uneven wear could mean that even though the outside edge of the tyre looks good, the inside could be stuffed. Replacement tyres can be $400+ each, so you don't want to be replacing any if you can help it. I was regularly getting the alignment done, and even then didn't get full use out of my sets of tyres before they had to be replaced.

If buying from a dealer, ask them to apply the latest SYNC3 software update, and also ask for a map update too. Don't let them fob you off that the SYCN3 updates are done over wifi, they have a USB they insert which works and is quick too.

You would want to check the aircon is working and cold across all vents - if some vents are not cold, then there is a leak. I had no issues with mine.

Find out when the battery was last replaced - you will most likely need to replace it again at the 3yr mark.

Check that glass roof for any cracks or damage - I was told that the replacement is hideously expensive. I always worried what would happen on an unsealed road or hitting a pothole accidentally, but never had an issue.

The only other item I can think of is to suggest you start thinking about what you will plug into the 240v mains outlet you are going to get in the back! Very cool, but I don't think I ever got to use it!

Rock solid car, great balance of performance and all the latest features - but you are also (hopefully) getting very cheap running costs too.

Enjoy!
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
AussieG62013

I think the 2015 has the SYNC2 in it and I am already thinking of getting the upgrade kit from MR.FPV so it can have Apple Car Play.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:13 PM   #6
AussieG62013

Holy crap this car is awesome to drive so damm quite and quick.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
thebigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieG62013 View Post
Holy crap this car is awesome to drive so damm quite and quick.
Great to hear the positive feedback on the petrol spec. I've got the (tuned) diesel, and would offer similar comments.
Have to ask, as I converted from an FG2 too...
How does the Mondeo stack up against the Falcon ?
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #8
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
Great to hear the positive feedback on the petrol spec. I've got the (tuned) diesel, and would offer similar comments.
Have to ask, as I converted from an FG2 too...
How does the Mondeo stack up against the Falcon ?
What can I say there worlds apart but I like both.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #9
DougalXR6

I have traveled 48,000 Kms in my 2015 MD Trend Ecoboost which would be the most reliable car I have owned to date.
The only fault it has had is a leak from the seal around the windscreen washer pump. The windscreen washer bottle and pump were replaced under warranty as the car was under three years old at the time.
The car is still a pleasure to look at and drive. I was planning on purchasing the updated Mondeo Titanium this year however, Ford AU ruined those plans.
I purchased a VW Arteon instead, which is the first VW I have ever owned and am hoping it proves to be as reliable as the Mondeo.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post