Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #811
xwboss

Default Re: Whats stopping people from buying the Falcon?

Poor customer service, I have dealt quite a lot with Holden, Mitsubishi and Ford on issues in new car warranty and just out of new car warranty. And Ford trails a long way behind the other 2 from my experiences.

XW GS Fairmont 351C toploader 9inch

Mazda Bravo 4 X 4
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #812
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Speaking of Landcruisers,
Workmate Wagon $61,990 drive away....
Workmate Ute $61,990 drive away....

And yet there is no place for F150 or F 250.....so sad.

I would suggest as big as a LC is, it would still be smaller and more capable than the F-trucks...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #813
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
I would suggest as big as a LC is, it would still be smaller and more capable than the F-trucks...
Diesel F250 was growing sales a few years back when still available, shame they stopped..
Now thet Ford has an emission compliant diesel, maybe we'll see a resumption in the future..
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #814
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Diesel F250 was growing sales a few years back when still available, shame they stopped..
Now thet Ford has an emission compliant diesel, maybe we'll see a resumption in the future..
From what I can gather, the Brazillian factory that made the F250/350 that we got, only makes the previous shape, and now only comes with an 88kw 3.9L Cummins engine.
I dont think the US factories have the spare capacity to re-tool and do 200-300 odd trucks a month just for us.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #815
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
From what I can gather, the Brazillian factory that made the F250/350 that we got, only makes the previous shape, and now only comes with an 88kw 3.9L Cummins engine.
I dont think the US factories have the spare capacity to re-tool and do 200-300 odd trucks a month just for us.
Shame we couldn't build our own but there's no RHD model in the latest version, so sad...
Old 13-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #816
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think id rather a Mustang though....
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #817
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
I thought they had stopped making them all together in Brazil?
Old 13-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #818
BJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwboss
Poor customer service, I have dealt quite a lot with Holden, Mitsubishi and Ford on issues in new car warranty and just out of new car warranty. And Ford trails a long way behind the other 2 from my experiences.
Ditto, our work has had Holdens and Fords. With Holden, they will move heaven and earth to accommodate us to ensure that the cars are back on the road. With Ford, you had to make an appointment, and they took ages to service/fix.

Also our own Series 3 AU had a noisy diff prior to 60k...and Ford listened , gave lip service and walked away. Sure it may have been out of warranty but what diff buggers up prior to 60k these days. it will be a cold day in hell when I decide to purchase another new one. I'll sit back and enjoy my XP

Last edited by Auslandau; 26-02-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Do not avoid the swear filter!!
Old 13-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #819
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I thought they had stopped making them all together in Brazil?
No, they still make F250 in Brazil but I think they switched to the new model
which didn't have a RHD version/compliant diesel or some such reason
Old 14-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #820
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB
Ditto, our work has had Holdens and Fords. With Holden, they will move heaven and earth to accommodate us to ensure that the cars are back on the road. With Ford, you had to make an appointment, and they took ages to service/fix.

Also our own Series 3 AU had a noisy diff prior to 60k...and Ford listened , gave lip service and walked away. Sure it may have been out of warranty but what diff buggers up prior to 60k these days. it will be a cold day in hell when I decide to purchase another new one. I'll sit back and enjoy my XP
I had a similar problem, which is where some of my mistrust and negativity comes from. Booked the XR6 in for a service, plus recall on sunroof... they broke the parts on the sunroof and for 4 months gave me the same lip service about the replacements part. When I called I was fobbed off, and told I'd be contacted in the coming days.

Eventually an email to their head of sales ( I know, it was the only email I could find online ) got the ball rolling, and somehow the parts appeared overnight.

Last edited by Auslandau; 26-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #821
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let’s not forget that the economy in many parts of Australia is still going down the shitter (or so I’m told) so people aren’t buying new or at least aren’t buying large.
Fleet buyers, who don’t care about performance, handling, etc, are now happy to buy Camrys instead.
Lack of Wagon variant is insane and loses even fleet sales to Commode or mid-sized wagons.
People are generally so brow-beaten by the global warming horseshit that they feel guilty for even being alive, and try to assuage that guilt by buying whatever they can be convinced is the Green alternative.
Ford got complacent in the 80’s and threw away market leadership with the EA. Then just when they had started to regain some credibility they foisted the AU on an unsuspecting public. Which they followed up with a succession of models that give Boring a bad name.
Those looking for an affordable V8 are either buying 2nd hand or deserting to the darkside.
Lastly, and this is probably only a minor one, but I can’t help suspecting that people are less inclined to part with a bundle of cash for something called a G6E. I’m a Ford nut, and I’m still not sure WTF that is?
Old 26-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #822
prydey
Rob

crazy dazz - many of your arguments have been discussed plenty on this forum. wagon sales were only up to about 400/month. hardly a massive loss, esp when you consider since its demise territory and mondeo sales have probably easily picked up those few sales each month.

those looking for affordable v8's weren't buying them when ford was offering them. makes it extremely difficult for ford to justify bringing one back. xr6t is the performance offering.

G6E (and G6/G6ET) sales are much better than what fairmont/ghia used to be. they are also being bought by a much younger demographic. it was probably one of the best moves ford did.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #823
BrisVegas
Noobie

For me, I've never owned a Falcon. The biggest car I've had was a VW Passat with a turbo 4cyl. I've bought new Ford Focus and Fiesta in recent years, and for me a Mondeo is probably as big a car as my wife and I would be comfortable with. Honestly, the Focus was big enough for our needs. We've downsized to one car now and the turbo diesel Pajero ticks a lot of boxes for us.

I think Falcon needs to be merged with Mustang somehow as a niche, performance product. It's best chance to succeed is bang for you buck, honest performance. The Mondeo is a much more rounded family car and offers hatchback and wagon convenience. Territory is a great product and suits the grey nomads for towing. When I'm a bit older and more financially secure, I'd love to buy a Mustang/Falcon performance car, in pretty basic spec like a XR8 for instance. I lived in America for a few years, and the Mustang was considered a cheap car. Sure, there were the hero Cobra models, but A 4.6 GT Mustang at the time, was not really any dearer than a mid-spec Accord/Camry V6. If you could get a Mustang 5.0 for $40k (Commodore SS money), then I reckon that would kickstart a revival. Leave the euro refinement and tech for the Mondeo and small cars. Toyota/Mazda are on the money with the new FT86/RBZ sports coupes. No reason Ford couldn't compete with those two in the bargain "fun" category.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
Old 26-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #824
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB

They can go **** themselves because they didn't fix an out of warranty car , really ?
AU III XR8 red ute

Last edited by Auslandau; 26-02-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #825
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
The Mondeo is a much more rounded family car .
for you maybe. definitely not in my book.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #826
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Have a good sook and bag the Falcon bandwagon...

should change thread title.....
Old 26-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #827
prydey
Rob

haha, that bandwagon has quite a few carraiges.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #828
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
haha, that bandwagon has quite a few carraiges.
me is growing tired of the pain train around here......
Old 26-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #829
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
crazy dazz - many of your arguments have been discussed plenty on this forum. wagon sales were only up to about 400/month. hardly a massive loss, esp when you consider since its demise territory and mondeo sales have probably easily picked up those few sales each month.

those looking for affordable v8's weren't buying them when ford was offering them. makes it extremely difficult for ford to justify bringing one back. xr6t is the performance offering.

G6E (and G6/G6ET) sales are much better than what fairmont/ghia used to be. they are also being bought by a much younger demographic. it was probably one of the best moves ford did.
950 sales per month for the falcon, now shure those 400 wouln't come in handy now?

if ford had a desent V8 in the first place they would have sold.. they now have a coyote..

they could have shared the cost of development with FPV...
one with the blower, one without..
Old 26-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #830
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
950 sales per month for the falcon,
1 month. so much of the negativity lately is based on the sales numbers of 1 month!! that month involved quite a few down days and also had many cars damaged by hail. seriously, its like people are just waiting, poised, ready to jump at their keyboards the second they hear some less than good news about falcon.

Last edited by prydey; 26-02-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #831
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1 month. so much of the negativity lately is based on the sales numbers of 1 month!! that month was only involved quite a few down days and also had many cars damaged by hail. seriously, its like people are just waiting, poised, ready to jump at their keyboards the second they hear some less than good news about falcon.
very well said

as I have said if a falcon fit my family req right now I would be guying a new fg LPG but unfortunately they don't so I am now looking at a second hand torago

would look at something the same size as a torago if ford had them available whether it was made here or not

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 26-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #832
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1 month. so much of the negativity lately is based on the sales numbers of 1 month!! that month was only involved quite a few down days and also had many cars damaged by hail. seriously, its like people are just waiting, poised, ready to jump at their keyboards the second they hear some less than good news about falcon.
I've heard that Territory sales in February have been good and forward orders are promising.
We just need a few full months of positive sales figure to head off the chatter of impending doom...
Fleet sales will come back, it's like fishing - you need the right spot, good bait and plenty of patience.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #833
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Well I for one am enjoying my Falcon ownership experience. My first Ford ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
Toyota/Mazda are on the money with the new FT86/RBZ sports coupes. No reason Ford couldn't compete with those two in the bargain "fun" category.
It's actually Toyota and Subaru and FT86 & BRZ.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #834
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
Well I for one am enjoying my Falcon ownership experience. My first Ford ever.
somebody buy this bloke a beer.....
Old 26-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #835
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
I've heard that Territory sales in February have been good and forward orders are promising.
We just need a few full months of positive sales figure to head off the chatter of impending doom...
Fleet sales will come back, it's like fishing - you need the right spot, good bait and plenty of patience.
Leaving the discussion on this note.

Like many am sick of the "Have a good sook and bag the Falcon bandwagon..." and wait to see what the next month or 2 brings. I just hope that many here will be eating a little humble pie.

And lets not forget ......... out of approximately 60 manufactures ...... the humble, non electric massaging heated seated Falcon is still floating in the top 10. I am sure they would love to sell a few more but its still here and selling and as figures indicate, making a little bit of profit on the side.

Me? Loving my new Falcon

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread