Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #31
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

2 Cars, same track, same conditions, on the same day. One will be quicker (You run with what you brung! Simple, excuses are what you give your wife/partner when you come home late, not running drag times).

What one car did in one set of conditions compared to what another car did in another set of conditions is only relevant to teenagers on a forum or pub arguments (same with manufacturers performance claims).

Hers
BFII Ghia
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #32
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Ummm if you look through the pages there are a few vids showing the new GTS vs GT Rspec which you asked about it an earlier post. Watch the video it shows times
It also shows the GT braking half track and the video pause to make it appear that the GTS wins by a bigger margin. For all we know Holden paid for the vid and in actuality the GT won. Until they run together (as above ^^^) with continuous footage we have nothing.

I am going to be bias on the subject (hence my comments above) and I will show the right respect on the street or strip to the new HSV and not discounting it yet, but as it stands the GT is still the quicker tested car in the hairy chested 0-100 and 1/4mile published times. I have no doubt which will be a quicker track car though.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

This user likes this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
Rodge
Banned

There's f all GTS's out there yet so the fan boys need to chill a bit and wait for some more times.

If you can't help yourself waiting then here's some stat's for ya that Autocar N.Z. got with the VF HSV 340 KW car 0-100 4.88 seconds 80-120 2.88 seconds.
VF SV6 0-100 6.35 seconds.

That should be enough to satisfy some people's apparent rampamt appetite for more news for a while till be have some more meaningful data from dry track comparisons, wet track comparisons mean absolutly nothing when the R Spec was wheel-spinning half way down the track at 120 k.p.h due to its savage top end power delivery.
For goodness sake lets all hold out horses for a while and chill out...obviously the HSV's considerably more expensive rubber has better wet weather grip...and that's about the sum total of most of what we know so far.

Last edited by Rodge; 02-09-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #34
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Ummm if you look through the pages there are a few vids showing the new GTS vs GT Rspec which you asked about it an earlier post. Watch the video it shows times
Ha you mean all the compares in the rain...comon...I mean real times......not made up ones with editing, bad weather and journos at the wheel. Im after real world times
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #35
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your so fixed on getting figures on the VF why don't you join the LS1 forum and go annoy them instead of wasting space on here.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #36
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot View Post
If your so fixed on getting figures on the VF why don't you join the LS1 forum and go annoy them instead of wasting space on here.
I've tried but there Ls1 Site has had problems for a week now....
And screw u pal......what's wrong with asking for some numbers.......all we ever get around here is anti ford this and anti ford that.......and im questioning why the holdens have been out so long and not a single proper set of times have been given. . Even top gear had the car and didnt give times....just quoted hsvs estimated times.
It just all smells like a dirty rat....listening to claims of the new Australian muscle car this, fastest that....but nothing to back it up for months. And that's NEVER happened. Until i see proper times showing 0-100. 80-120 and 1/4 mile times that flog the GT Rspec.....then I won't be happy. For 100k it shoulda have wiped the floor a month ago........so if you've got a problem with that ......dont read the thread!
4 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #37
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez guys, the first GTS hasn't even been delivered yet. Wait until a few owners get a hold of them and then we'll all know more. In a couple of months i'm sure their true potential will be apparent to all, or perhaps it'll be a flop! No one really knows at this stage.

Regardless, for the price and the equipment on offer i think it's pretty good value. If FPV had a similar car, i'm sure most here would agree. A car that is arguably as quick as the R-Spec but with a lot more tech and features presents as good value to me...
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #38
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

HSV GTS 430kw 4.6sec to 100klms by DRIVE
HSV GTS 430kw 4.8sec to 100klms by WHEELS

FPV GT Rspec 335kw NOT TESTED by DRIVE
FPV GT Rspec 335wk 4.6 to 100klms by WHEELS

So going by this date if the FPV GT Rspec was tested by DRIVE it would have gone FASTER as we all know how WHEELS Test the cars

No one Drag Races in the Wet - FPV GT Rspec lost traction - simple really BUT no we have all the HSV Closet Lovers say it was spanked - get real

When have you seen 1/4 Drags ran in the RAIN - it's dangerous, it's stupid, it's life threatening to drag race in the wet - I am surprised OH&S rules let them drive at such high speeds in the wet.

I am even surprised HSV let them drag race it in the wet - then you have to ask why they did - so the HSV could WIN of course

Good on you 1TUFFUTE for your passion

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
6 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #39
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Motor Car NZ mag here achieved sub 12.5 in the r-spec but cant remember the time might have be a .2 or .3, If I dig the mag up Ill share.

Either way the most powerful "Australian" Muscle car was always going to be the FPV not the imported LS donk.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #40
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Tried playing with one on a trip over fathers day..(G6ET)
Didn't want to even look over..

Then driving a 13-200 Ser sahara(lazy 700nms) I ran into him again in shep, I tried but he smoked me lol

This was a Ss..

Just shows even Ss drivers know there slower

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #41
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
HSV GTS 430kw 4.6sec to 100klms by DRIVE
HSV GTS 430kw 4.8sec to 100klms by WHEELS

FPV GT Rspec 335kw NOT TESTED by DRIVE
FPV GT Rspec 335wk 4.6 to 100klms by WHEELS

So going by this date if the FPV GT Rspec was tested by DRIVE it would have gone FASTER as we all know how WHEELS Test the cars

No one Drag Races in the Wet - FPV GT Rspec lost traction - simple really BUT no we have all the HSV Closet Lovers say it was spanked - get real

When have you seen 1/4 Drags ran in the RAIN - it's dangerous, it's stupid, it's life threatening to drag race in the wet - I am surprised OH&S rules let them drive at such high speeds in the wet.

I am even surprised HSV let them drag race it in the wet - then you have to ask why they did - so the HSV could WIN of course

Good on you 1TUFFUTE for your passion
Thankyou SORTED
Old 02-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
Motor Car NZ mag here achieved sub 12.5 in the r-spec but cant remember the time might have be a .2 or .3, If I dig the mag up Ill share.

Either way the most powerful "Australian" Muscle car was always going to be the FPV not the imported LS donk.
Yes this is the article i was referring to earlier where in NZ they ran a 12.3 for the Rspec but i couldn't find it either. Maybe it's the cooler weather or maybe the nz guys can drive better....but I'd deny the latter lol.

See what I mean...a 4.3 is a long way ahead of 4.6-8.........half a second. But we will see.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #43
XPL37V

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Was it a vf? If so.....at least that something to go with.
Hsv clubsport. 13.4 Qmile.
Definately was a VF
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #44
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Yes this is the article i was referring to earlier where in NZ they ran a 12.3 for the Rspec but i couldn't find it either. Maybe it's the cooler weather or maybe the nz guys can drive better....but I'd deny the latter lol.

See what I mean...a 4.3 is a long way ahead of 4.6-8.........half a second. But we will see.
NZ autocar always seem to get the fastest times, I remember they posted fastest time for F6 a few back and same has been for every car they have tested.

Maybe its our water .
Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #45
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboihulk View Post
I put my xrt up against my bosses vf ssv and he being a cocky holden bloke thought he had it in the bag cause it was the latest model out. I beat him fair and square by car and a half length and I dont think there any quicker then the ve just got more gadgets that about it.
I'm pretty sure the VF Commodore (non HSV) gets the same V8 motor from the VE series with the same amount of power. even thou there 40kgs lighter there's not much difference. I have heard the fuel economy in the VF V6 isn't much different (if any) then the VE V6 3.6L. doesn't surprise me.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #46
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it's slowly but surely becoming common knowledge now that the Fords are faster, like for like (xr6 vs sv6, xr6t vs ss/hsv, gs vs hsv, gt vs gts??). It would be SO painful for Holedung owners to admit it after them claiming to be the faster brand for so long, magazines claiming ridiculous times, inaccurate kW badges... etc.

I have pulled up along side a fair few HSV's and Holdens, and no one wants to go. You'll get the odd crackhead bogan dreamer in a bucket of **** tailgating and trying though. I had one guy keep letting off the brake at the lights nudging forwards as to egg me on, then I took off normally and noticed he sat back with his passenger window down to have a listen. I should've stung it so he could hear the blower whine!
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #47
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
NZ autocar always seem to get the fastest times, I remember they posted fastest time for F6 a few back and same has been for every car they have tested.

Maybe its our water .
I always put it down too being a cooler place?? I could be wrong?? I've never been to NZ. so really the R-spec clocked 12.3 sec down the quarter???

as for the comment about the king of muscle cars has too be able to handle as well as be fast in a straight line. well what was the phase 3 GTHO?? It wasn't the best handling car, what made it special was its top speed. Its is considered the King of Australian muscle cars. In modern terms the R-spec takes the cake. It is as close as we will get to a modern day GTHO. no HSV GTS has beat the FPV GT-R spec yet in straight line acceleration
http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/cars/...-fpv-gt-r-spec

till the GTS beats this and even wheels tested the GTS and only managed 12.7 or 12.8. It is NOT AUSTRALIAS FASTEST CAR!! maybe the GTS should stand for = Government Tax Support. I'm with 1TUFFUTE on this one!! show us the real world times!!! not some poxy estimated or claimed time!!!
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #48
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=wildrider;4869261]I always put it down too being a cooler place?? /QUOTE]

I thought it was their secret weapon...Sheep dip instead of VHT down on the track
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #49
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
I always put it down too being a cooler place?? I could be wrong?? I've never been to NZ. so really the R-spec clocked 12.3 sec down the quarter???

as for the comment about the king of muscle cars has too be able to handle as well as be fast in a straight line. well what was the phase 3 GTHO?? It wasn't the best handling car, what made it special was its top speed. Its is considered the King of Australian muscle cars. In modern terms the R-spec takes the cake. It is as close as we will get to a modern day GTHO. no HSV GTS has beat the FPV GT-R spec yet in straight line acceleration
http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/cars/...-fpv-gt-r-spec

till the GTS beats this and even wheels tested the GTS and only managed 12.7 or 12.8. It is NOT AUSTRALIAS FASTEST CAR!! maybe the GTS should stand for = Government Tax Support. I'm with 1TUFFUTE on this one!! show us the real world times!!! not some poxy estimated or claimed time!!!
I thought the HO had its rep due to its racing history / track ability from that era and the fact you could pretty much buy a race car straight off the showroom floor?

The closest thing to a modern day HO is either the W427 or the new GTS
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #50
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
I thought the HO had its rep due to its racing history / track ability from that era and the fact you could pretty much buy a race car straight off the showroom floor?

M8 "HO" and W427-GTS don't belong in the same breath!!!

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
5 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #51
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

your kidding. your theory is way out if you use that as your argument. neither W427 or GTS have any race history. you just don't seem too understand that the GTS has not beat the GT-R spec in acceleration yet. I honestly don't think it will either. all that power and yet its not much quicker then the old W427. the things that makes the GT-R spec closer too the GTHO is the fact that they both had underrated engine power. how much power did the GTHO have??? It was more then what ford stated. sound familiar with the current FPV GT?? also both have and one still is Australia's fastest car. have both been proven. not an estimate. you can barrack for the GTS being the quicker car as much as you want but until it has been proven your going too get a lot of people, such as myself questioning it. every claim that has said it is faster has been an estimate or HSVs claim. none have yet too be proven. hence the title of this thread
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD ESP! XELR8 View Post
M8 "HO" and W427-GTS don't belong in the same breath!!!

rather scary someone come up with that
2 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #53
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
your kidding. your theory is way out if you use that as your argument. neither W427 or GTS have any race history. you just don't seem too understand that the GTS has not beat the GT-R spec in acceleration yet. I honestly don't think it will either. all that power and yet its not much quicker then the old W427. the things that makes the GT-R spec closer too the GTHO is the fact that they both had underrated engine power. how much power did the GTHO have??? It was more then what ford stated. sound familiar with the current FPV GT?? also both have and one still is Australia's fastest car. have both been proven. not an estimate. you can barrack for the GTS being the quicker car as much as you want but until it has been proven your going too get a lot of people, such as myself questioning it. every claim that has said it is faster has been an estimate or HSVs claim. none have yet too be proven. hence the title of this thread
Ok so the r spec is closer to a modern GTHO because they both had underrated power ratings You must be joking yeah? You do realise that the r spec has no race history also...

I haven't said anywhere in here that the GTS is fastest accelerating car in Australia, HSV have but not me. I have said that once the public gets their hands on it it will prob go quicker than what journos are getting but thats to be expected.

The main point i'm trying to get across is that the GTS is the most complete performance car ever made from a local car manufacture but it seems everyone is trying to discredit the GTS and say its no good because it might not go as fast in a straight line. Even if it ends up only running the same 1/4 mile time as a R Spec it still wont change the fact that the GTS is the most complete performance car to come from a local car manufacturer.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #54
zilo
BANNED

Dunno how this thread got onto HSV's and FPV's.

The original poster said he was lined up against a VF SS.

I expect to see about as many 440kw GTS as I see Lamborghinis.

But VF SS and Fg XR6T ?

They are/will be everywhere driven by us mere mortals, not just a journalistic 4.xx secs nirvana.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #55
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Ok so the r spec is closer to a modern GTHO because they both had underrated power ratings You must be joking yeah? You do realise that the r spec has no race history also...

I haven't said anywhere in here that the GTS is fastest accelerating car in Australia, HSV have but not me. I have said that once the public gets their hands on it it will prob go quicker than what journos are getting but thats to be expected.

The main point i'm trying to get across is that the GTS is the most complete performance car ever made from a local car manufacture but it seems everyone is trying to discredit the GTS and say its no good because it might not go as fast in a straight line. Even if it ends up only running the same 1/4 mile time as a R Spec it still wont change the fact that the GTS is the most complete performance car to come from a local car manufacturer.
You cant be serious if you think owners will ever match hsv or holden claims...that's what history tells us....and its already hinting it to us now with the new crop of cars. Now FORD on the other hand....well no ones that stupid that I have to keep spelling this out
3 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #56
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What kind of a world do we live in where Parking and blind spot assist, electronic handbrakes and faggy oversized badges, bulgey and bloated styling is considered THE modern day muscle car?

The GT looks muscle. It still looks tough as. To me, muscle is a raw V8 without all the silly materialistic ****. Back in the muscle car era you would be mocked and called a pussy for owning a car with heated seats.

The GTS is not a muscle car. It's a wannabe Merc/BMW/Audi that looks like a cheap and nasty Hyundai. All the gadgets and trinkets in the world don't make it muscle. It's just a glammy Holden. And anyone who is in the market to spend big wouldn't buy one, because let's face it, when all your mates own beemers and mercs, do you really think you would rock up in a glorified ugly as **** Holden?

The only people that will buy it is the same smug cashed up ******* that buy all the stupidly overpriced Walkiningforshaw addons for their previous model GTS and Clubby.

end rant.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
8 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #57
Rodge
Banned

Being a Kiwi and SC GT-P owner i've taken quite an interest in the R Spec but can't recall any mag here testing the R Spec at the times mentioned above, in fact any magazine testing them at all over here, but its more than plausible that I could have missed it.

What I can say with some authority is that it is a lot cooler in N.Z. and the non-intercooled SC Maimi engine responds exceptionally well to cooler temperatures, so much so that I posted a thread on this exact issue of the incredible difference experienced this winter when it got down to around 2 or 3 degress Celcius and had to resort to filling mine with 95 Octane to try and tame it down a bit, (to try and get some traction) from its regular diet of 98. In my opinion a temperature of around 2-4 degrees adds about 25-30 rwkw's to a SC 335 output compared to say 24 degrees, both readings from my super wide bum-o-metre

By virtue of the fact that the LSA is a already an intercooled engine it may or may not respond so exceptionally well as the SC FPV to cooler temps. N.Z. Autocar have a good rep for posting unbiased reviews and use super accurate Vbox timing equipment.
If they test a GTS in due course and its quicker that 4.5 seconds to 100 and 2.5 seconds for the 80-120, then I'll be impressed and not before but at the risk of repeating myself 4.88 seconds 0-100 and 2.88 seconds 80-120 were pretty credible numbers they got from the new VF HSV 340. That and the fuel rating of 12.9 L/100 km's vs a whopping 15.7 L/100 km's for the GTS perhaps makes the significantly more affordable 340 HSV the thinking mans HSV ?...of course if said person was really thinking hard, they'd come to the inescapeable conclusion that the SC FPV are better

Last edited by Rodge; 03-09-2013 at 08:38 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #58
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You cant be serious if you think owners will ever match hsv or holden claims...that's what history tells us....and its already hinting it to us now with the new crop of cars. Now FORD on the other hand....well no ones that stupid that I have to keep spelling this out
I think HSV quoted a 12.4 so it's possible considering that the cts-v and zl1 run low 12's with the same engine. Maybe send a manual GTS with launch control over to those guys in NZ seeing they seem to know how to get fast times out of cars lol
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #59
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
I think HSV quoted a 12.4 so it's possible considering that the cts-v and zl1 run low 12's with the same engine. Maybe send a manual GTS with launch control over to those guys in NZ seeing they seem to know how to get fast times out of cars lol
Bet you $10 the auto will be quicker in a straight line.

Hers
BFII Ghia
6 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #60
Tough Ford

People lets not forget its 5.0 v 6.2, if we had something similar (ie 5.8) it would be goodnight GTS. The Gts is certainly a great machine with all the gadgets and so on,and if I was in the red corner it would be the only car for me. Although a core SRT8 @ 58k Drive Away would be the only thing to sway me purely on value.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Closed Thread