Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #31
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: XR8 pricing announced

Ok Ford, you win.
Going tomorrow to place a deposit.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #32
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Ok Ford, you win.
Yeah im knocking off early to run some numbers with the local Ford bloke, get a rough changeover on a FGII Falcon XL ute.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #33
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I just got the email from Ford....dam sharp procing indeed 335kw supercharged V8 and brembos all round, leather trim.....

My email said under 50K driveaway...

very dam tempting.....
Under $50K driveaway? Please do share, I want my ducks in a row before chatting with the dealer...
Old 03-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #34
Cymrucaveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Ok Ford, you win.
You and me both. And many more no doubt.

Been on the blower to a few dealers around Sydney earlier this week in anticipation of a decent pricing point and high demand from today onwards. Dealers couldn't give me any idea of numbers except they'll be hard to get, and that was before the price was announced.....i'm sure it will be harder now. And I'm after delivery for August next year......

(Although One dealer did say they had one for December I could have, just doesn't fit the budget this year!!)
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #35
gumbi_18

I need some alone time... Going to call my dealer tomorrow and place a deposit for an auto. Stuff waiting for the Mustang.
gumbi_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #36
XBv8mmm!

Just spoke with McGrath Ford here in Canberra, I've had a deposit down for the XR8 for a couple of months.
Drive away price for the auto should be around $58500.
Cleared it with the minister for finance, entertainment and war. Deal sealed for a kinetic auto. To be built in November, delivered beginning of December.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #37
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

How do we feel the XR6T will fair sales wise with the XR8 priced as it is?
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #38
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Just spoke with McGrath Ford here in Canberra, I've had a deposit down for the XR8 for a couple of months.
Drive away price for the auto should be around $58500.
Cleared it with the minister for finance, entertainment and war. Deal sealed for a kinetic auto. To be built in November, delivered beginning of December.
Starting to get worried that I can't get a hold of my dealer to discuss, and I have the deposit down too...
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #39
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Starting to get worried that I can't get a hold of my dealer to discuss, and I have the deposit down too...
Mate, get on to them. The XR8 is being made in limited numbers. All six assigned to the ACT have already been spoken for.

And according to McGraths, there is every chance they may not get any more, ever!

I wish you the very best of luck.
Can't wait now until December.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #40
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
The newly lowered price makes the XR6T a bargain as well, however the 7 odd grand premium to go to the XR8 it will be far too tempting to most.

You would probably easily make the 7 grand back on improved resale anyway. Let alone the R-spec suspension, bonnet bulge, wider rears, upgraded cooling, Brembo brakes.... oh and the supercharged V8.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #41
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

True but the XR6T will be a much cheaper car to run, with similar perform credentials (we are not talking worlds apart for the normal punter).

Once the initial buzz dies down it will be interesting to see what they start going for. Most models when discontinued fall pretty quickly but in this case there is no direct replacement so that decline wont be as quick IMO. There will be some dreamers who think it will appreciate ala GTF but reality is like any new car you will bottom out then slowly recover.

A XR6T with brembo's is still appealing IMO.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #42
sixman

Will XR8 production be limited? Or will it be made till Ford Oz closes up shop in 2016/17?
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #43
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Im still thinking XR6T will be the best bang for your $ as the dealers will have more room to play price wise and you should be able to get a good deal
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #44
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Tempting even when not in the market for one!
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #45
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally View Post
Congrats to Ford! It would have been easy for them to price gouge based on limited supply of S/C motors and auto gearboxes.
Let's just hope the dealers start price gouging!
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #46
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

2014 Falcon XR8 sedan gains SYNC2™ with Emergency Assistance

2014 Falcon the only Australian-made large sedan boasting EcoBoost technology, six-cylinder performance or V8 sportiness

MELBOURNE, 03 Oct., 2014 – Ford has returned a V8 engine to the Falcon XR Series line-up, with the announcement of the 2014 Falcon XR8 sedan pricing.

The range-topping performance sedan has a Manufacturers’ List Price of:
Six-speed Manual - $52,490* (standard)
Six-speed Automatic - $54,690* (optional)

Falcon Vehicle Line Director, David Wilkinson, said the engineering team had worked hard to ensure the Falcon XR8 delivered the expected ride, handling and stopping power desired in a performance touring sedan.
“We’re very proud of the work that’s gone into the XR8,” he said. “We’ve brought the Boss 5.0-litre, supercharged all-aluminum V8 engine across to the XR Series and it’s the first time a performance V8 has been in the XR Series since 2010.”
Wilkinson said the development team wanted to deliver the ultimate handling performance for customers. “Compared to the last FG Falcon XR8, the 2014 Falcon XR8 has better turn-in, more rear grip, noticeably less body roll and an increased sense of control from behind the driver’s seat.
“Customers will also appreciate the levels of refinement in the new XR8.”
Ford has applied the best-of-the-best FPV GT RSPEC suspension on the Falcon XR8. In contrast to standard GT suspension, the XR8 gains:
Retuned rear dampers and springs
Larger rear stabiliser bar (up from 18 mm to 19 mm
Retuned front dampers
Stiffer front upper spring mounts
Stiffer front upper control arm bushing
Front and rear suspension geometry adjusted to complement 275 rear tyres

The Boss 5.0-litre, supercharged 32-valve V8 features maximum power of 335 kW at 5,750 rpm and maximum torque of 570 Nm at 2,200-5,500 rpm.
To match the performance nature of the sporty sedan, the Falcon XR8 features a range of upgrades, including front Brembo 4-piston caliper brakes and rear single-piston caliper brakes, high-specification cooling fan, limited slip differential, heavy duty battery and sports steering gear.
Apart from an upgraded brake package for Falcon XR8 customers, the exterior of the XR8 has been provided with strong visual differences over other XR Series models, with a performance ‘power’ bulge, quad-tipped exhaust system, power side exterior repeater mirrors and unique shadow-line 5-spoke 19-inch x 8.0 (front) / 9.0 (rear) alloy wheels. Front and rear parking sensors are also standard.
A new, bold hero colour, Victory Gold, is also available. Customers can also choose from: Winter White, Lightning Strike, Smoke, Vanish, Silhouette, Kinetic and Emperor.
Visually the distinctive ‘laser-cut’ slim headlamps and W-shaped Daytime Running Lights give the Falcon XR8 a purposeful stance, complemented by the performance design cues. At the back the new rear bumper with split tail lamps feature LED technology, complementing the new sculpted boot lid with rear spoiler and the quad exhaust system.

Inside is new perforated leather seat trim with grey inserts with contrasting Shadow trim on the head-liner and upper areas of the cabin, alloy scuff plates, rain sensing wipers, Dual Zone Climate Control, Satellite navigation with Traffic Message Channel, Sports XR instrument cluster, Sports shifter, Sports seats, Sports pedals, Sports steering wheel, along with a rear reverse camera.
As with the rest of the Falcon range, the XR8 gains the SYNC2™ system with an 8’’ high-resolution touch screen, Emergency Assistance, Digital Radio (DAB+) and Wi-Fi hotspot.
The pricing of the Falcon XR8 sedan complements the announcement of new MLPs for the rest of the 2014 Falcon sedan, which are:

Falcon 4.0L Petrol (auto) $35,900*
Falcon 2.0L EcoBoost (auto) $35,900*
Falcon XR6 4.0L Petrol (manual) $35,590*
Falcon XR6 4.0L Petrol (auto) $37,790*
Falcon XR6 Turbo 4.0L Petrol (manual) $42,990*
Falcon XR6 Turbo 4.0L Petrol (auto) $45,190*
Falcon G6E 4.0L Petrol (auto) $40,110*
Falcon G6E 2.0L EcoBoost (auto) $40,110*
Falcon G6E Turbo 4.0L Petrol (auto) $46,550*

Like the rest of the Falcon range, the Falcon XR8 will come with myFord Capped Price Servicing as standard, which also includes the addition of auto club membership and roadside assistance.
myFord Capped Price Servicing is Ford’s commitment to a service experience customers can trust.

Falcon Details

Parking Sensors
All Falcon sedan models now have front and rear parking sensors as standard.
The front sensors can be active when the gearshift is in any position other than Park (P) and the vehicle speed is below 10 km/h. The system is activated by engaging reverse, or pressing the park aid button on the instrument panel.
The sensors cover an area of up to 70 centimetres from the front of the vehicle and 15 to 35 centimetres to the side of the front end of the vehicle.
The front and rear parking sensors sound an audible warning when obstacles are near either bumper in the following manner:
Objects detected by the front sensors are indicated by a high pitched tone from the front radio speakers.
Objects detected by the rear sensors are indicated by a lower pitched tone from the rear radio speakers.
The sensing system reports the obstacle that is closest to the front or rear of the vehicle. For example, if an obstacle is 60 centimetres from the front of the vehicle and, at the same time, an obstacle is only 40 centimetres from the rear of the vehicle, the lower pitched tone sounds.
Alternating warning sounds from the front and rear if there are objects at both bumpers that are closer than 25 centimetres.

Rear Camera with Overlays
A reversing camera is now standard on all Falcon sedans.
The camera system has been enhanced for Falcon and includes three different guides to help the driver identify what is behind the vehicle:

- Fixed Guidelines show the path of the vehicle while reversing in a straight line, with green, yellow and red distance indication
- Active Guidelines are shown when you steer the steering wheel, showing your intended path. Active guidelines fade out when the steering wheel is straight.
- Centreline helps align the centre of the vehicle with an object such as a trailer.A manual zoom can be activated to provide a closer view of an object behind the vehicle. In this mode only the centreline is shown.

Human Machine Interface (HMI) with SYNC2
The intuitive HMI layout and design has been improved across the Falcon range, including the performance XR8 sedan, with voice control across the range.
The revised HMI includes SYNC2 with a new graphic display system utilising layers and colours to aide navigation of menus and connected functions. The system is easy to use and displays a primary source of information for the vehicle’s comfort and convenience systems.
With a four-quadrant colour touch screen, it is designed to be both engaging and easy to use. The menu allows customers to adjust and personalise audio, climate, phone and various other settings of the in-car convenience and comfort systems.
All Falcon models are also fitted with an 8" high-resolution colour touch screen, a traditional HMI button interface and voice control to access systems such as:

- Entertainment system controls
- Climate control settings
- Phone information
- Satellite navigation with Traffic Message Channel (XR8)^

Voice Control System
All Falcon models now have the convenience of SYNC2’s voice control system as standard. The in-car functions that can be controlled by voice include entertainment, climate, phone, satellite navigation and general settings.
New introductions to the system include pushing the voice control button and saying "I'm hungry" to bring up a list of local restaurants. SYNC2 can also be used to call up the restaurant to make a reservation, then provide guidance to the location with turn-by-turn directions.
Other natural language commands include "warmer" to turn up the air conditions, or "Temperature 20 degrees" for more specificity.
SYNC2 also understands Australian addresses so the driver can use voice control to say the whole address at once and SYNC2 will intuitively work it out.

Audio System
SYNC2 offers multiple audio options including:

- Radio DAB+, FM, FMAS, AM & AMAS
- Audio files/music streaming from compatible smartphones via USB or Bluetooth®*
- Audio files from connected USB devices including memory sticks, flash drives, external self-powered hard drives
- SD card slot: Play and browse audio files from SD cards (note: SD slot in Titanium is used for Satellite Navigation software)
- CD/MP3/WMA: Play and browse the contents of an MP3/WMA CD or CD
- Auxiliary input: Play audio from a connected MP3/other audio devices

iPhone and iPod Integration
There is a fully integrated interface between the iPod unit and the vehicle’s audio system on all Falcon models.
It allows the user to control the iPod player through SYNC2, HMI buttons or steering wheel mounted buttons and through voice control.

Digital Radio (DAB +)
A DAB+ digital radio is standard on all Falcon models. It provides a high quality audio signal due to digital broadcasting, avoiding any of the interference noises typical of a traditional AM/FM radio station.
Passengers can also see more information, via the touch screen, of what the digital radio is playing. It shows the title and artist of the song, the news headlines, or the latest sports results (note: availability of information displayed is dependent on the broadcast).
Complementing the DAB+ radio system is a dual antenna system on all Falcon models, as well as Wi-Fi hot-spot connectivity.
To improve radio reception Ford has fitted an antenna in the roof and another behind the front bumper.
The Wi-Fi capability creates a wireless network hotspot within the vehicle, thereby allowing other devices such as personal computers or games to be operated in the vehicle.
By using the Wi-Fi feature, everyone in the vehicle can access the internet via a mobile broadband connection inside the vehicle, if a mobile phone supports personal area networking, or if the vehicle is parked outside a wireless hotspot.
Options^Falcon XR8
Prestige Paint $385
Matching Alloy Spare STD
Leather Seat Trim STD
Tow Pack (1,600 kg rated) $550
STD- Standard, NCO – No Cost Option, N/A – Not available.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 10-04-2015 at 12:39 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #47
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixman View Post
Will XR8 production be limited? Or will it be made till Ford Oz closes up shop in 2016/17?
The ZF auto will be limited as the box stock will be used up pretty quick.
The manual cars will probably go on in production for longer.
So if you want the faster car, then it's numbers will be limited and will likely not go into middle of 2016.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #48
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
The ZF auto will be limited as the box stock will be used up pretty quick.
The manual cars will probably go on in production for longer.
So if you want the faster car, then it's numbers will be limited and will likely not go into middle of 2016.
You honestly think that the ZF stock will last that long given that it needs to support three variants production?

I am concerned that the stock will run out prior to the middle of next year when I will be in the market to replace the ST.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #49
XWGT