Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default B2tf leaves Ford Spare Parts

Well, unfortunately i thought this might happen, and it has.

As some of you may know, i took a job in Spare Parts at the Dealership here about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, i wont be continuing with it.

The reason why is that i have been offered another job, and it is just too good to refuse.I originally went for a job with these people about a year ago, and only just missed out, but they kept in contact with me and have today told me that i can start whenever i want to. It's in interior design, mainly kitchens, and while that my sound a little poofy - the creation of stuff like that, as well as working with people to achieve a goal (i.e. their dream kitchen) is ultimately what i want to do - not just sell them parts for cars.
Both jobs have their good aspects, Spare Parts was a goldmine for a Ford enthusiast like myself, but at the end of the day i need to think about what's best for me - and in this case, it's not working at Ford.

The new job will have a base wage which is measurably better than the wage at Ford,as well as commission based incentives. Without going into too much detail, all i'll say is that i'll have the chance to learn more, do more, and earn more, and that's why i'm taking it.

I'm not sure when my finish date will be, probably Monday or the end of the next week, just depends.

So, unfortunately i wont be able to get cheap parts for FFAU members anymore : , but let me know if you need a new Kitchen! :hihi:
Old 02-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
rob_o

Good luck with it b2tf. I think that a job in this industry may lead you quite far, especially if you like this kind of stuff. Good work!
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 09:36 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thanks rob, im hoping you're right about the many oppotunities, although i think there will be, because the design element will be able to be used in a lot of different applications.

Was not an easy decision to make, but ive made it, so now it's time to put 110% into my (new) work.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know what I would do. Leave ford spares in a flash.

Designing and building is better than selling spares and trying to work your way up in a dealership. I'm sure the kitchen place sells more kitchens than ford does with cars in Wagga.

Congrats on the new job, you made the right decision.

I don't need a new kitchen, but I do need a custom bench built from the same materials as a kitchen with the same laminated finsih as my kitchen benches and doors. Its for the kids playroom. I will do the design and email it to you at some stage
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

By FAR the better choice. Ford spares is good but going into cabnet making design is a hell of a lot better. You made the right choice and in 5 years you'll reap more rewards than you can imagine.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

good change B2TF.
verry wise decision to change...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thanks for the support guys!

I should point out that im not actually going to be making the stuff (i cant build things for sh!t unless its Lego lol). I'll be working with people to determine what they need and want, then designing it, and then coordinating the install and making sure everyone is happy. That's the ultimate goal anyway, obviously it'll take time to learn how to do all of that, but im very much looking forward to it.

Dwayne, good news - i may be able to help out actually, and it may be closer than you think, I'll PM you.

And yes, without bragging too much, my new employers have figures atm (the owner has a degree in marketing, and sales and god knows what else), they've worked out that 60% of their business comes through referrals. Apparently that is an incredibly good result (sounds it), so here's hoping i can help bring some more in.

There is a lot to learn, but it will be worth it.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Good luck in your new endevour mate.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #9
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

congrats on the new career change bro. ya hvae to keep looking at teh big picture which youve done so good on ya :P

hope it all works out for ya

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #10
hambo_12

Well done mate, ill be sure to give you a bell when I need a kitchen!

Now youll have to take the Hillis avatar off and put in the kitchen sink!

Seriously though, im glad to hear things are workin out for you, lets us know how it all works out...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #11
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Congratulations on the change in career. I hope you will be happy in your new role.

blue fairy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post