Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #31
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well after my exhaust basically fell of my car on wednesday... i had to book in yesterday morning for a new exhaust...

when to right price exhaust at slacks creek on brisbane's southside.. for 290 fitted.. i drove out with a 2 1/2 mandrel bent system... brand.. i have no idea...

i didn't want to get an aftermarket exhaust.. but it was an emergency.. and it was cheapest i could find...

anywayz.. after having it fitted.. i'm suprised at the sound it gives off... my previous EA falcons never sounded anything like this... it has a really nice note.. and underload at about 2300rpm... my god it's a deep loud sound... and the more it revs.. the better is sounds... it feels a bit punchier in the mid range rpm too...

so all in all.. i'm happy with it for now... but.. will wait till i do some highway driving...

now to let the insurance company know.. :(.. plus.. now.. i'm REALLY wanting to get a set of 4499's....
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #32
all4fordau

Hey Ron,
What did you end up paying for the Redback system.?????? My zorst has just about had it. The tail pipe is full of holes.
all4fordau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #33
EF347

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
My car had developed an occasional miss when idling. Plugs/leads/coil thought I but this evening I started it with the drivers door open and there is a definite leak in the exhaust somewhere so I guess I found the reason for the miss.

Now the question is who to take it to in Northside Bris?

I'm not after the cheapest deal just a reliable exhaust place (please don't mention Midas - been there done that - never again).

After a stock replacement only... droning on long trips ain't my thing - although my wife may disagree, lol.
Mate it's not Nth Bris, but RACE at Capalaba did a full system on my EF and I'm very happy
Old 08-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #34
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF347
Mate it's not Nth Bris, but RACE at Capalaba did a full system on my EF and I'm very happy
All done and dusted, thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4fordau
What did you end up paying for the Redback system.??????
I think it was quoted at $390 + chrome tip but it turned into a quid pro quo so I'm not sure what the end result was.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post