Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
fipcee
not so stock

Default Your mags

I am about to spend some dollars on my XR6 and am looking at getting 17" rubber and mags but am very lazy, hence my post. I am wondering if people would be interested in putting a photo on of their mags so I can get a general feel for what looks best, and also the what the damage was. At the moment I have been quoted $1700 for all four corners with Pirelli 235/45/17 and AMG mags in silver/black (I think they are called Illusions). They have 5 chrome spokes and 10 black spokes..sorry I don't have a picture.
I am dropping in King SL all round (quoted $400 fitted which I believe is OK)before I get the new mags and whilst the tyre places are happy to bung on a tyre/mag combo I don't see the point when I have yet to lower it.
The other spend is cat convertor and 2 1/2" sports exhaust $500 fitted.
Silver, AUIII, currently standard.
Any advice or opinions on the above, and photos obviously, will be gratefully accepted.

Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
fipcee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

17's are too small on a falcon i reckon. Could just be my biased opinion though because of my wheels. 18's tend to look much nicer on them and don't cost that much more.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
fipcee
not so stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
17's are too small on a falcon i reckon. Could just be my biased opinion though because of my wheels. 18's tend to look much nicer on them and don't cost that much more.
Hiya Glen..does putting 18's on change anything..ie do i have to muck around with the speedo etc etc?? Thanks for the reply.
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Old 25-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm.. not sure. I put 19's on my forte (had 16's before) and they look to be the same diameter with the rubber on. Just heaps better lookin and hell wider. Maybe one of the other guys would be able to answer that for you? I believe if it throw it out it wouldn't be by much.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
dragenXR6
ON DUBS

hey guys im new here, from merimbula. do any of you guys know about fiting 20s to an 2001 falcon xr6 ??? very stuck

AU2 Xr6
Black,full pioneer system (on the froor in my garage) 20inchs, and slamed on its guts :thebirds:
COMING SOON airbags : and a bit of shavin Time to drag sum bumper :
FOR SALE $16,500ono
dragenXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
Definately. If the budget can afford it, go 18's or higher.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #7
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipcee
Hiya Glen..does putting 18's on change anything..ie do i have to muck around with the speedo etc etc?? Thanks for the reply.
Isn't there an article on www.aufalcon about this ?

Check the workshop section.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go into Show N Shine section in 'General Topics' and click on 'Show us your AU'. Plenty of cars and mags to look at there.
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #9
fipcee
not so stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
Go into Show N Shine section in 'General Topics' and click on 'Show us your AU'. Plenty of cars and mags to look at there.
thanks for that HOTC2R, I figured that there would be somewhere on this forum that could help me out. much appreciated
Old 25-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are my wheels.

19" RJR's (Rodney Jane Blades)

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

see my sig