Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Zippy7

Default Sony 6 CD head unit - CDs stuck!

Was driving home today, and my daughter asks to change cd to disc 2.
This worked fine, then next traffic lights, I notice the head unit shows a "No CD" error. But it's playing perfectly fine... Very strange.
When I get home, I try ejecting, but no luck. Seems very odd that it can play the cd that is in there, but doesn't recognise there are 4 cds loaded in there.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've turned the stereo on and off a few times, and held down the eject button, but no joy. Was not going to do too much as I figure this should be a warranty job for Ford if there is no simple fix.

Cheers.

Old 15-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
cammag

Maybe diconnecting the battery? Because power would still be getting to the unit otherwise.

Might be worth a go.
Old 16-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
ian b

Interesting problem. I had a similar experience when my car was returned after the starting problems, again No CD was displayed when I tuned on the unit.

As they were in when it broke down I got stuck into the dealer to see what had happened to the discs. They said they would investigate.

i then tried to load new discs which prompted the unit to then display that the discs were still in fact present.

Maybe try to load the unit with another disc to see if it then recognises the disc already in place.
Old 16-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
Interesting problem. I had a similar experience when my car was returned after the starting problems, again No CD was displayed when I tuned on the unit.

As they were in when it broke down I got stuck into the dealer to see what had happened to the discs. They said they would investigate.

i then tried to load new discs which prompted the unit to then display that the discs were still in fact present.

Maybe try to load the unit with another disc to see if it then recognises the disc already in place.
Thanks for that reply Ian. So let me understand what happened in your case.

You got your car back, but the headunit says no cd. So you figure the dealership had removed them. Then, since you thought the unit was empty, you put a new cd in, and the headunit then realises it is not empty, and allows you to spit out a new disc?

I might try that one tomorrow or on the weekend (I didn't need to use the car today, and may not need to drive until Sunday).

Cheers.
Old 17-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
ian b

You've got the picture.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Zippy7

An update.

I went to start the car yesterday - had even brought a CD ready to load in, but lo and behold, when I started the engine, the CD player was playing AND recognising track1 of CD1. No need to do anything - it just worked again. Marvellous ! I am just relieved I didn't have to take it to the dealer.
Old 22-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
ian b

Glad to see the problem resolved itself. Don't you just love technology.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
An update.

I didn't have to take it to the dealer.
Thank god for that it will have never worked again or some other problem that they will caused to happen

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post