Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
tomtomXR5
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo Warning Light

Hi guys,
question that I cannot find the answer to in the manual. Last night my XR5 decided to put up a warning light.....its a green triangle with the back of a car inside it. It appears just under the picture of the car on the elft side of the information display in the drivers console. Any idea what this may be?

Cheers

Tom

tomtomXR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomXR5
Hi guys,
question that I cannot find the answer to in the manual. Last night my XR5 decided to put up a warning light.....its a green triangle with the back of a car inside it. It appears just under the picture of the car on the elft side of the information display in the drivers console. Any idea what this may be?

Cheers

Tom

Sounds like the Forward alert indicator page 168 in my pdf copy of the manual.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
tomtomXR5
Starter Motor

yeagh I think that might have been it. I realised this when driving on Friday night down the M4 and played with the Cruise Control. Thanks for the tip though. My dealer told me I have the wrong documentation with my car :(
tomtomXR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Katoomba

I just locked my car and noticed a red light flashing - it's the I (information) symbol. It's in between the temp and fuel guages.

According to the manual (page 72 or 73) it says to go to messages (via the trip meter controls) and where there will be a message waiting. Go there and no message.

Anyone had this?

Edit: the stupid thing is it only flashes when the car is locked not when I'm in it. If it hadn't been night time and I wasn't filling up at the servo I wouldn't have noticed it.

Last edited by Katoomba; 16-09-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
I just locked my car and noticed a red light flashing - it's the I (information) symbol. It's in between the temp and fuel guages.

According to the manual (page 72 or 73) it says to go to messages (via the trip meter controls) and where there will be a message waiting. Go there and no message.

Anyone had this?

Edit: the stupid thing is it only flashes when the car is locked not when I'm in it. If it hadn't been night time and I wasn't filling up at the servo I wouldn't have noticed it.
It's the alarm active light
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Quote:

Anyone had this?

I think you'll find it's a theft deterrent/warning. It only flashes when you have locked and therefore armed the immobiliser/alarm.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Katoomba

That's embarrassing: I've owned the car for 18 months and have never noticed it before.

Thanks, guys. At least I don't have to worry anymore.
Old 18-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
... pdf copy of the manual.
Is that available online somewhere? There is just so much that is not in the manual (would have to be the worst I've ever seen), or not explained fully, that came with the car including the alarm active light.

(That last one is a clumsy sentence but I have a head cold which is making me dizzy!)
Old 18-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroinTas
It's the alarm active light
Woner how long this woudl take to drain battery

Reason I ask is I know a guy who left his Mondeo parked for 14 days,
came back wouldnt start, battery dead.
Got a jumper, wouldnt start "immobiliser activated"
ended up having to be flatbedded to ford.

Took them 3 hours to get it to start.

Still no answers why battery was flat after 2 weeks.
And why it wouldnt restart when new battery was put in
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Is that available online somewhere? There is just so much that is not in the manual (would have to be the worst I've ever seen), or not explained fully, that came with the car including the alarm active light.

(That last one is a clumsy sentence but I have a head cold which is making me dizzy!)
I did get it online, there was a thread about it somewhere on this site from memory. If you like send me a PM and I'll put it on my webspace and let you know where it is.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon

Last edited by Lord Viykor; 18-09-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarity
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
TheColonel

here is the latest:
http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Vehi...%2906-2009.pdf
Old 19-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
Katoomba

Thanks for the link, Colonel.