Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Jay.Blanket

Default Which Mesh should i use.(ts50/havoc pics)

so my plans are to have a ts50 front bar with a havoc grille like this

I already have the Havoc Grille with the larger mesh in it like this.

But i also have the rear havoc kit with mesh half the size like this

soo... Which mesh should i use in the lower section of the Ts50 bar??

Jay.Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
AU Mont
Banned

Default Re: Which Mesh should i use.(ts50/havoc pics)

larger mesh looks better than the supercheap auto stuff
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
Day-mow
rexnet

I have the larger mesh. Sus my build thread if you lie. You can see it.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you can find it, get the larger mesh for the lower part of the bar.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Why does everyone insist on having a T3 front bar on their Forte? It's an insult to the people that went out and bought the real thing ....

And its not like they're done tastefully either.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

unfortunately Andrew there are kits for nearly every model of ford and holden. I guess HSV drivers feel the same with the amount of 6 cylinder commos getting around with clubbie kits.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride
Why does everyone insist on having a T3 front bar on their Forte? It's an insult to the people that went out and bought the real thing ....

And its not like they're done tastefully either.
That's a bit elitist don't you think?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
That's a bit elitist don't you think?
Yes it is. Would have no hesitation making the comment before owning one myself either. The reason why I've made a comment now is that there's an increasing trend of people buying cheap fibreglass kits and doing a half ***** job. If the people that did use fibreglass kits would do it properly, colours matched, and would put a bit of effort into making a half decent copy then that's fine by me.

Not two weeks went by since owning the T when I was asked by two blokes in a local shopping centre carpark where I got my bodykit from because they were planning on putting one on. Got a little bit of a surprise when I showed them the Tickford compliance plate in the engine bay ....
Old 27-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Aw jeez. I guess I had better cancel my bodykit order now. Don't want to upset the T-Series overlords.

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Oh, and to try and keep this thread on topic, I'd try to find the larger mesh personally.

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
nstg8a

Quote:
is that there's an increasing trend of people buying cheap fibreglass kits and doing a half ***** job.
lol, people have been doing it for decades, as in copying the more premium models, but using the base model..

who cares who does what to their cars, its not your money their spending.

i guess what im trying to say, if you wanna be elitist and have something rare, then maybe you shouldnt have bought what is basically a tarted up taxi...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #12
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
lol, people have been doing it for decades, as in copying the more premium models, but using the base model..

who cares who does what to their cars, its not your money their spending.

i guess what im trying to say, if you wanna be elitist and have something rare, then maybe you shouldnt have bought what is basically a tarted up taxi...
Have no problem with the car being a tarted up taxi and couldn't give a toss about the rarity, my post was more aimed at the fact that there are a lot of people *trying* to make a copy of a tarted up taxi and failing miserably, because they often take shortcuts which results in a terrible attempt. To make it abundantly clear, I bought my TS50 for the motor and how it performed, if it had not been for the price that I paid, I would have pulled the 5.6L out of my Ghia and done exactly the same thing again.

There have been a number of copies that turned out great, the one that comes to mind is fourl6's Forte that got the T2 kit treatment, but also put effort into the rest of the car. There has also been plenty of Forte's that look just great the way they are, decent set of rims and perhaps put some Ghia goodies in them just to add a bit of classiness and style to them. Have the utmost respect to those people.
Old 27-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #13
Day-mow
rexnet

probably need to get clearance from the head of the T room (T3 man i guess) if you decide to put that front bar on.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Have no problem with the car being a tarted up taxi and couldn't give a toss about the rarity, my post was more aimed at the fact that there are a lot of people *trying* to make a copy of a tarted up taxi and failing miserably, because they often take shortcuts which results in a terrible attempt. To make it abundantly clear, I bought my TS50 for the motor and how it performed, if it had not been for the price that I paid, I would have pulled the 5.6L out of my Ghia and done exactly the same thing again.
You mean to say you took the heart of a T series and transplanted it into another car?!?! OH THE HUMANITY!!!! THE T SERIES GODS WILL SMITE YOU!!!

Seriously, it's not your car, this forums is full of people who do (in my opinion) stupid things to cars, but it's what they enjoy.. So rather then be a kill-joy I offer some advice when asked, and move on.

That said, large mesh for sure.. Hell if it'll upset some people I'll throw in a few bucks to help fund your "copy of a tarted up taxi"..

All the best
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #15
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Ok guys, can we please move on. Points have all been made valid or invalid. Please give the original OP the respect that everyone is entitled to on here by sticking to the topic.

Further comments off topic will be deleted and subsequent warnings will be issued.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #16
Jay.Blanket

Yeah well I as leaning towards the larger mesh just because the havoc part is already large and i was Starting to think it would look weird with two sizes on the front. Thanks for that! Anybody know where I can get the same mesh from?

Last edited by auIILTD; 27-02-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Mod comment made - now acted upon
Jay.Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Jay, I would lean towards the larger mesh. That Havoc grill is very 'busy' and I think having two different sizes is going to make it busier.

Not sure where to source it though.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post