Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Ibrox90
Banned

Default Neighbours! HELP

so last night i go out to the car and find an A4 sheet of paper with the words.

"SLOW DOWN. YOU DRIVE WAY TO FAST FOR NARROW SUBURBAN STREETS. YOU ARE PUTTING LOCALS AT RISK"

when reading this I thought that it was a bit spineless there was no name on the note.

I drive at less than the posted limit (about 30-40 km/h) in my street because it is narrow and other drive in and out faster than me.

Im thinking once again Im being picked on, P Plate+ XR8 usually means you get some attention specially when you have a legal but loud exhaust.

Now for the HAYMAKER I went out this morning and noticed i now have 4 flat tyres.

I called a mate of mine thats a cop just to cover myself make sure I was in a situation where I was ok.

Tyres being let down is "interferance with property" and putting a note on my windscreen is "tampering with a regestered vechicle" (like putting a parking ticket on when your not authorised to do so)

So i have good grounding to go to the cops but i dont what it to go that far.

Im thinking what can I do??

I what to make this person aware of the legality of there actions.

I was thinking of a canvas letter to the houses in my cul de sac???

P.S i found out that cops pulled over my father last week saying that they were looking for an XR8 that was apparently doing burnouts down the street. I don't do burnouts, theres no rubber on the road.....Im thunking a neighbour has it in for me.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038

Last edited by Ibrox90; 22-10-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

It certainly seems like it (someone going to a fair bit of effort to 'teach you a lesson')

If this person, who is probably a bit of a fruit loop if they are doing that already without it being you (and Im assuming its not - then they might not stop there so keep in mind some panel damage or window might be next.

Anywhere safe/locked up you can keep the car for a bit? Or where its under video!

Now Quattro RS3 powered
Old 22-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Yep,youve peed someone off.

Now wait for the letter in the post from the cops for driving unsafely.

As for your exhaust being legal,I doubt it.90db is the maximum.Have you had it tested,not someone saying yeah thats legal.

I bet its just little things their picking on.

P plate + XR8 does not =great,sorry had to say it.

I noticed you wrote neighbours,I think you have an idea who it might be yeah?Otherwise it could be anyone that thinks you broke the law at a certain time.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
It certainly seems like it (someone going to a fair bit of effort to 'teach you a lesson')

If this person, who is probably a bit of a fruit loop if they are doing that already without it being you (and Im assuming its not - then they might not stop there so keep in mind some panel damage or window might be next.

Anywhere safe/locked up you can keep the car for a bit? Or where its under video!
get yourself a video camera and have a stake out tonight and see whats doing and video them going back to their house if anything happens ;)

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 22-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

My uncle's got the same problem with his neighbours that have moved into his cul de sac. It started with the dogs and then they turned to running us off the road (when I baby sat his house and drove his car). He's had police turn up on his and his other neighbours house about them hooning it up their street. ...

There's one way to fix it, Get abunch of boys around to stand out the front. Intimidation works. We now have no trouble after the night I was ran off the road and had a bunch of boys turn up for a "BBQ".

But unless you know who it was you still can't do anything without proof!, You get some solid evidence and they're finished. Just when you find out don't approach them! Because then if something were to happen they have the leg to stand on and say that it was you because you've come around before to accuse them.

What suburb are you in?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 22-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
So i have good grounding to go to the cops but i dont what it to go that far.

Im thinking what can I do??

I what to make this person aware of the legality of there actions.

I was thinking of a canvas letter to the houses in my cul de sac???
Writing a letter to the whole street might provoke that person even more (they know they're getting under your skin).

As mentioned I'd setup some kind of survelence on the car and if something happens again take that video to the poilce as evidence. They'll be able to find out who lives in your street and match faces on the video to drivers licenses etc.

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
Old 22-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Good way to start a war V3RSAC3

Dont know how it will go at resolving the problem though!

It seems that he is up against a very disgruntled person if they are prepared to let down all 4 tyres
Old 22-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Good way to start a war V3RSAC3

Dont know how it will go at resolving the problem though!

It seems that he is up against a very disgruntled person if they are prepared to let down all 4 tyres
Yeah that's true. It can have it's downfalls. I'm not recomending it, just saying that I've had the same problem with my uncle. I mean it worked because my mates are very... Intimidating. And nobody is stupid enough to continue after seeing them.

My advice... Would be to film them in the act, or get a witness from a neighbour you are friendly with.
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 22-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Use a different gear up the street if it's manual. If you usually use second try third instead. Still keeping to the lower speed you do. The sound of your car could make it sound and look faster than it is ie higher revving. Higher revs at the same speed can make a car look like it is going faster to some.
Old 22-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Use a different gear up the street if it's manual. If you usually use second try third instead. Still keeping to the lower speed you do. The sound of your car could make it sound and look faster than it is ie higher revving. Higher revs at the same speed can make a car look like it is going faster to some.
He shouldn't have to do anything. If someone is so arrogant as to let all 4 tyres down just because a car is loud they can go get fugged for all i care. I'd be trying my darndest to find out who the hell it was and confront them about it. (note: confront does not mean beat down)
Old 22-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
Ringo
I see you....

Lesson = don't crap where you eat...

Had similar problem with old neighbours son who used to hit 60 plus in our little court revving out 2nd gear in his old 4 cyl ricer. P Plater

Couple of parents ended up stopping him one day and had a stern word to him...problem fixed.

I agree that a note is spineless but the message is pretty clear - keep it cool and move on...there are bigger issues in life and bad neighbours are a pain to live with. First its your driving, then it will be something else, and then something else again.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
FPV GT40
Banned

Personally all my cars are locked in the garage, if that is not possible ie no garage space, may be park it in your back yard or front yard behind gates, or even at the side of your house, if possible set up some sort of surveilance system to get evidence.

You can buy 'game trail cameras' that deer hunters use to asses deer numbers in certain areas, they are usually hidden, and take good quality photos even in total darkness, and they are motion activated, and if they will not spook a dear, a person will have no chance of knowing its there. And they are not that expensive.

Like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Moultrie-Game...item3ef943644a

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/5M-Digital-Sc...item4397d4b8db

Reasonably cheap compared to damage on your car, and you can always re sell it on e bay when you are done and get your money back.

Also if the car is on your property the vandal can also be charged with trespassing on your property, as well as Mal damage (letting tyres down is mal damage), as well as tampering with a regestered vechicle...the more charges the better the chance of a decent conviction, you can also then appy for a personal violence order through the courts against the person, meaning if he approaches you or your property again he will automatically get locked up behind bars.

Now my second point you might not like, but ask yourself: WHY??? Are you really as innocent as you make yourself out to be, a P plater with a V8....I got my first V8 when I was about 19, and I remember how I used to drive it, and neighbours would have had good reason to complain, and yes my car was listed with the local cops as stop on sight for a while till they realised that everything was above board.

WHY would someone bother doing the things they are doing for NO REASON : You have obviously done something, or everyone else in the street would have notes and flat tyres as well??

No person would risk doing what they are doing unless they had good grounds to do so, and why did it escalate to the flat tyres after the note??? I mean if the note had achieved what the person wanted to achieve why the flat tyres??

...anyway only you know the answer to that one....

RE legal exhaust...There is no such thing as a legal AND loud exhaust,....there is only legal OR loud ....it can not be both....it will not be legal unless it is the factory system, and even the factory sytem will have trouble passing a noise test if it is more than a few years old, so forget that idea of whatever the exhaust is you have as being legal....it won't be, its just authorities will often just turn a blind eye unless it is outregeously loud.

Last edited by FPV GT40; 22-10-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
aye you
The Origional, The Best

get yourself a IP wireless camera, can be found on ebay for cheap. can access it from any computer that has net access. basically it runs through your wireless router at home. Can pan and tilt via the on board control software that you log into from another computer and can record. most have IR LED's for night vision as well
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
Old 22-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #14
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Lesson = don't crap where you eat...

Had similar problem with old neighbours son who used to hit 60 plus in our little court revving out 2nd gear in his old 4 cyl ricer. P Plater

Couple of parents ended up stopping him one day and had a stern word to him...problem fixed.

I agree that a note is spineless but the message is pretty clear - keep it cool and move on...there are bigger issues in life and bad neighbours are a pain to live with. First its your driving, then it will be something else, and then something else again.
Not really a fair post considering the OP has stated that he does well below the limit. I also think it a little hard to just "keep it cool and move on" considering he has come out to find four flat tyres. That's not the kind of thing that you can really just ignore.

If it were me I'd go around to all the neighbors places and ask them if they have an issue with you and also outline what is going on. Get on the front foot and get stuck into the issue instead of letting it fester and grow.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 22-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well posted RG

I have a problem with one of my neighbor's but mine is on more of a personal note but he hates my car

i also dont do anything wrong in my court but i am the target from this guy

Ringo just wondering what you would do if it was you ????????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Yeah that's true. It can have it's downfalls. I'm not recomending it, just saying that I've had the same problem with my uncle. I mean it worked because my mates are very... Intimidating. And nobody is stupid enough to continue after seeing them.

My advice... Would be to film them in the act, or get a witness from a neighbour you are friendly with.
Im down South in Hallett Cove.

I plan on lettign it go for the moment and if it continues i will be having serious talks ive got a pretty good idea who it is.

i have garge space but I just cant get it up the driveway (front and rear both dig in to the steep driveway. I can get it up to the garage but it takes ages and about 40 cuts)

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 22-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stop driving like a DH in or around your street and you WON'T have any problems.. Simple really isn't it?..
Old 22-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #18
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Stop driving like a DH in or around your street and you WON'T have any problems.. Simple really isn't it?..
Mate grow a brain would you

if i can see right the op has stated he doesn't act like a so where do you get the idea that he acts like a *& as you put it??????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

You say 30-40 in a narrow street, you have a very low xr8 with loud exhaust and your on 'p's.
Cant blame em really, although your well within the law it's still gonna attract attention.
What i wanna know is what did you do to make them step up the attack.
I find it hard to believe they would go from a warning to actually doing something without reason.

As for gettin the boys round...please, this is why Australia is becoming neanderthal.
People getting killed with king hits.
1 guy has a beef with another, but instead of sorting it out 1 on 1 we'll win with numbers...pathetic
Old 22-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #20
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
Mate grow a brain would you

if i can see right the op has stated he doesn't act like a so where do you get the idea that he acts like a *& as you put it??????
Well einstein it's obvious he has attracted the attention of somebody.. Derr.. Driving along in your sound deadened cocoon of steel with the stezza cranked up you may be under the impression you arent creating much noise/discomfort for others.. Outside oblivious to yourself inside a nice quiet lounge room you may be annoying the absolute CRAP out of someone.. I've got to go now my brain's not finished growing..
Old 22-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ibrox90 maybe just take it that little bit easier, the car may be louder than you think, tyres this time it may be a 'key' job next time.. Best not to upset them if you cant park your car off the street..
Old 22-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best thing to do? SLOW down and stop aggravating the neighbours....

Old 22-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #23
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bloody hell guys ease up, some of the posts in here ARE the problem with AFF.

The OP has stated that he has done nothing wrong, nothing illegal and yet some of you choose to flame him for no good reason. Are you all white Camry driving senior citizens? Ever stop to think that maybe there is an unreasonable person living in his street that chooses to take illegal action just for the simple fact that they do not like modified cars. Ever think that they may be another of the mass media brainwashed fools (like some of you are sounding) who think that anyone with a modified car must be a hoon and should be burned at the stake?

For crying out loud none of you live near this bloke, none know what actually happened so the best you can go on is what he has posted. But of course this being AFF some choose to ignore all the info and try to pick a fight based on nothing.

Well done keyboard warriors.

To the OP, don't listen to them. Go have a friendly word to your neighbours and sort out whatever issue there is between you.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Wow, this guy has said he doesn't speed down his street and stuff and all you guys sit there and judge him because he is having grief from neighbours and you think he caused it. Easy to sit there and judge people from behind a keyboard. Could be something as simple as jealousy because he has an XR8 and the guy next door don't like it or him for having one. Could be anything, its like the government and public perception of performance car owners, if you have a nice car your a hoon. Give the guy a break.

Just seen RG's post, well done RG and to think some of these people are respected on here.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #25
Ibrox90
Banned

Yer alot of that isn't really fair the behaviour i get all the time. Plate xr8 = idiot,

not true.

My Xr8 isn't lowered just a steep driveway.

And I listen to classical music 99/100.

I took the today and drove up the street at about 5 kmh.

I love how the old codgers assume im hooning along the street.

Not super narrow two cars can pass each other at 50kmh comfortably

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Old 22-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG

To the OP, don't listen to them. Go have a friendly word to your neighbours and sort out whatever issue there is between you.

That would be the wisest and mature option.
Old 22-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #27
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And a group hug.. :
Old 22-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
And a group hug.. :
Yes lets all just agree, throw logic out and pretend everything is how it "seems".... these kinds of things happen to innocent people all the time

Old 22-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #29
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
Yer alot of that isn't really fair the behaviour i get all the time. Plate xr8 = idiot,
not long ago, you seemed to think that any guys who had diverse taste in cars were embarrasing themselves. not too disimilar to p platers being thought of as idiots

are you sure it is a neighbour from your street. have you "never" gone a slight bit hard in yours or another street. people will always remember the one time we do stupid things - especially if they have young kids

it is pathetic that someone would damage your tyres, but it may give an insight into how bad they see your behaviour (be it all the time or just once). going from house to house may not help you at all, especially if someone with a hot head thinks you are accusing them. as 4vman suggested, drive in a safe way - all the time, but especially if there are likely to be kids around

a video camera may help you catch the morons that have let down your tyres, but as well as that i would just drive safely. either way good luck with it
Old 22-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #30
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Yes lets all just agree, throw logic out and pretend everything is how it "seems".... these kinds of things happen to innocent people all the time
No, mentally unstable people (those who think retalliating by leetting down tyres) don't care if the person is guilty or innocent. They just care that they don't like something and that is that.

If someone did this to you without any reason and you posted this Norm, would you be happy with the responses?
Closed Thread