Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #10
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Thanks, great stuff

Rx is a FrSky XSR.
VTX is a TBS Unify Pro 5G8 HV.
FC is a Mateksys F405-AI0 (FC and PDB in one).

I am starting off with 3S packs...

I started off in Electronics back in the '80s. I was a tech in the Defence Force and then got into IT. Did some RC stuff before I had kids in the early 90s, cannot believe how unbelievably small everything is now...

...and comparatively it's cheap as chips

The main issue I have is I live 80km from Melbourne CBD and there are no decent hobby shops. Everything is mail order...

Secondary issue is that due to staring at screens for 30+ years my eyes have had enough and I am now long-sighted and wear glasses. FPV goggles don't accommodate long-sighted people very well, I have FatShark Transformer HD goggles that should be adjustable enough for me to get away with my glasses underneath (they work ok around the house)...

...either that or I get used to contacts.
i run the xsr, great receiver. I also run the tbs unify race. had issues with the HV overheating so went beck to the race and had no issues since.
not a fan of Matek fc's. Some of the guys I fly with love them but I have never got on with them. I run the betaflight f4.

Skip 3s, you will out grow it very quickly. Just go straight to 4s and turn your rates down a bit.

I also wear glasses but have diopters in my Dom v3's. Will be getting a set of ROH prescription inserts for them soon.

As for online ordering... www.phaserfpv.com.au My mates shop and my local. Get 90% of my stuff from him. You wont be disappointment with the service.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: