Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
hambo_12

Default Smile - Feel good for 2 mins

Heres an email I recieved, it cracked me up so I thought Id share it...

---------------------------------
EVER WONDER where we are headed...

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why you don't ever see the headline: "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why "abbreviated" is such a long word?

Why Doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why you have to click on "Start" to stop Windows 98?

Why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, while dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

Why the man who invests all your money is called a "Broker"?

Why there isn't mouse flavored cat food?

Who tastes dog food when it has a "new & improved" flavor?

Why Noah didn't swat those two mosquitoes?

Why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

Why they don't make the whole plane out of the material used for the indestructible black box?

Why sheep don't shrink when it rains?

Why they are called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

Why they call the airport "the terminal" if flying is so safe? AND...

In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Myer hairdryer: "Do not use while sleeping". (Darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Chips: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (The shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Palmolive soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap". (And that would be how???)

On some frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost". (But, it's just a suggestion).

On Nanna's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down". (Well...duh, a bit late, huh)!

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating". (And you thought????...)

On packaging for a K-Mart iron: "Do not iron clothes on body". (But wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication". (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5 year olds with head colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness". (And...I'm taking this because???)

On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only". (As opposed to...what?)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use". (Now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On Nobby's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts". (Talk about a news flash!)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts". (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

I don't blame the company, I blame the parents for this one:
On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly".

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals". (Was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
I don't blame the company, I blame the parents for this one:
On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly".
so that explains why i fell off the roof when i tried to fly as a kid...
Old 02-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo_12
Why you don't ever see the headline: "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
My Grandfather was once told for just $30 he could have his guaranteed Psychic winning numbers. He said he didn't have $30, but once he wins lotto he'll pay them back.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:30 AM   #4
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

"Why sheep don't shrink when it rains?"
Because of a substance the sheep sceretes called lanolin!
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Made me smile.
But - I can put mascara on with my mouth closed.
I am a talented creature.
blue fairy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I'm more suprised on how Noah managed to fit about 35,000 individual animals on his ark and build one that would accommodate 1,518,000 cubic feet ;)
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post