Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Who went to the Melb. GP parade today?

Did anyone here go to the Melbourne GP parade in the city today?
How was it?
Did anyone take any pics or vids?
I found a pic of Ambrose doing a burnout in his V8Supercar and now i'm beating myself to death 'cause i didn't go. ing_sm

Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #2
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

I didnt but i saw on the news all the F1 cars doing burnouts and even getting sideways throughout the track!

Apparently they were told that they were speed limited to 80km/h, good on them for finding a way to put on a great show. Makes me wish i had gone...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

yeah from what i saw on the news it was good
and heres me thinking they woulda had a few old F1 chassis' chained together towed around....

almost wish i had taken the day off work to go there
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
Decadentia

I was lucky/unlucky enough to be there. Was an awesome sight, and the sound of the F1's echoing off the walls of the city buildings was something else. I know i have a short video of the Williams coming around a corner. Other than that I think I only got the back of 150,000 other peoples heads.

I'll also be lucky enough to get out to albert park tomorrow for the open day/free entry thing, so should get a few shots off then !
Decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #5
niko
likes falcon's

i saw on the news a driver getting interveiwed breifly and him saying "they like do-nuts" in a latino/woggy accent was a classic
Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #6
Decadentia

Haha, I'm pretty sure that was Antonio Pizzonia, and he was at the wheel of the Williams at one stage. I have no idea about the whole imposed speed limit, but the Minardi driver who was first out wound the thing out in at least 2nd gear coming out of Russell St into Flinders, I'm guessing that would have been a tad quicker than 80 km/h.

The video I have is 7 meg, and only goes for about 8 seconds.... I have nowhere to host it and the size/quality viewing ratio is kinda poor, If anyone REALLY wants it just let it be known and i'll see what I can do.

Decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

I was there, only because I'm in one of the buildings that they drove by. Good to see the plastic barriers protecting people from the 300 kph cars!

The noise up here in level tem was amazing. They are loud!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I landed in Melbourne yesterday and the first thing I did was go to the parade. BLOODY HELL! You forget how loud they are! Seeing Pizzonia and Ambrose doing huge donuts and bagging the hell up out of their tyres has to be one of the highlights of the weekend already! Nothing like standing 2 metres away from an F1 car smoking it at christ knows what revs! Awesome fun, so many people! I have a pic but no way to upload it onto this PC. Have to wait till I am back in Adelaide.

Oh yeah, and 80km/h my ****! Pizzonia and the Minardi were hooning a lot faster than that! Even Ambrose was going more than 80, he was in 3rd gear when he went past me.

Last edited by BA GT-HO; 03-03-2005 at 09:53 AM.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Oh man that sounds sweet, maybe it will be on the news there and someone can record it to their comp
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #10
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Ohhh crap, i wish i watched the news tonite, guess i'll have to wait up for sports tonite, they better have sumthing on that.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #11
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I'll be going on Saturday,can't wait to get there.Should be good checking out all the new teams and cars of the upcoming V8 Supercar series.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post