Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #1081
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

And mother would say "Its always the last place you'd look"

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #1082
.:4:.
Kicking back

Finished off a job for this bird today. Ive done enough work for that company that i can have a bit of a joke with the client. So when i looked at the job to start with, once i left the first thing she did was sent my manager an email saying stuff like the solution offered exceeds what she thought could get done etc. So once we i finished she said to me that was quick. So my standard 1 liner for that is you sound just like my ex wife.
Anyrate, job done so i show the work and she says shes going to email my manager and request it be me who does the next works and how my solution and work far exceeded her expectations and she kept on rambling. At the end of that i said you forgot the most important thing jokingly. She says whats that? So i said my other joke... i am incredibly good looking. Then she did the cheeky, lets see how you manager reacts when i do put that in the email. She beat me at my own game.
In all fairness, none of the solution offered was rocket surgury. I do jobs like that all the time so i know what products are out there. Stuff like you cant put a power point in the corner on glass, but you can put a power pole with a power point on it infront of the glass. Just make it neat. Not that hard at all. I call it work. But positive feedback i like.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:10 PM   #1083
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Heading home again in another day and a half
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:17 PM   #1084
Kicking back

Well, i was searching for my roll of builders string for a job tomorrow. I dont do lazers, string doesnt lie. I didnt find my string, but i did find my plumb bob. Havent seen that thing in years. They're actually quite hard to get yet are a simple thing. Lazers are easy but expensive, and with floor protection, they get knocked out of measurements a little bit too easy. But yeah, there is the wait after meeting your mark on the floor with bob, but no batteries required. Its an old school method, but it doesnt have many other issues. Mark the floor as opposed to the ceiling. So far hasnt done myself wrong. Im happy to have bob back. A roll of string is easy to get.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2019, 10:52 PM   #1085
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I do lasers.. This one lights fires from quite a distance, if you hold it steady.

JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2019, 11:09 PM   #1086
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

How many people tailgate you twice?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2019, 12:28 AM   #1087
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Blackened
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #1088
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
, string doesnt lie..
It does if you don't use it taut. I like the ol plumb bob too. Not so good for battered walls though.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #1089
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish I felt as good as many times in a week as .:4:.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #1090
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Found my dual horns off an Alfa I’d parted out. Exact same Fiamm model as BA-BF. I plan to put them on Povo Ute this evening.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #1091
roKWiz
Cabover nut

We have to see pictures of this tray back soon.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #1092
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Home and the postman brought me pressies
Old 08-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #1093
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I bought my father a large format bedside clock, they’re often sold as “dementia clocks”. Set it up stealthily in the evening so when I put him to bed tonight it was there on the table beside him! Like any seven-year-old, he was super pleased. Of course he then had to announce the new time each minute for the next while.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #1094
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

This is me back in late 2012, thinking "I should take a picture":

This is me arriving home from work and parked in my carport this afternoon:

I was worried I might not get the shot as it clicked over about 500 metres from my home.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #1095
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holey moley I do that in a year.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #1096
JasonACT
Away on leave

I did the first 20,000 in the first year! Had so much fun.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #1097
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I can slowly lift my left arm! Hurts like hell.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #1098
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Found some Oz-made Utilux 1/4 female flag terminals in my stash. Must be close on 35 years old. The gauge of brass and their grip are just brilliant - used four on my horn relocation project.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:42 PM   #1099
Kicking back

I share property boundaries with 6 other places. Of the 6, i live in harmony with 5 owners. The 6th is a grumpy old hoarder. Wont come to the table with fences or anything like that. Has a pool, but its a habitat for frogs and maybe carp. Going to get fuel for the work car i saw a sign. Yep, 2 words. For sale out the front of that place. The house isnt a fixer, its a knockdown, but theres plenty of land value. But getting rid of the dead wood. Well, i hope it sells. Just seeing the sign made me feel great. 7 years of arguments
Old 11-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #1100
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Drove for an hour , went to karaoke for a few hours.. made my wifey happy.

I even embarrassed a few homo Holdens on the way home, got asked at the servo why I didn't enter the local show ?

Why should I i countered ?

I like it, my wife loves it.. what else matters !

Must be getting old... but i have never been fitter or happier
Old 12-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #1101
Dave1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Rescuing a dog from an animal shelter.
My new best friend:
Mate that’s fantastic. He has character written all him. What’s his name?
Dave1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #1102
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1966 View Post
Mate that’s fantastic. He has character written all him. What’s his name?
Her name is Echo and she's a 6 month old Catahoula X.
She appears to be very intelligent and is fitting in well.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #1103
Lunch
Wait, what?

A week ago, I watched a 90 second YouTube clip of part of a scene from series 3 of the series, Stranger Things, after a week of diligently and deliberately scrolling through and selecting ‘do not recommend this channel’ on every single Stranger Things themed video that came up every time I opened YouTube ( sometimes upto 30 per open ) today I was finally free of those recommendations.
it’s a small victory but I’ll take it
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:54 AM   #1104
Dave1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Her name is Echo and she's a 6 month old Catahoula X.
She appears to be very intelligent and is fitting in well.
I reckon Echo is one lucky pooch. Good on you for rescuing her. I miss my old gal and it’s been 8 years now. They are such great fun and really are part of the family.
Dave1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #1105
XR.1967
XR 1967

I didn't really want another dog but I got a call today to see if I could take a dog off this family's hands because it wasn't working out..
I meet them at work one day when they brought him in to give him a wash..
Anyway I went and picked him up and so for so good, he seems getting on with the crew..
He is a 9 month old Australian bulldog..
I'll try to get a photo of him when he settles down..
XR.1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #1106
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A handyman and pruning job where the customer absolutely didn’t interfere or criticise. It’s not often people say “I’ll leave you to it” and really mean it - and are happy with the result.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #1107
Kicking back

Was working with a bloke who is a 1st year tradesman today. It was a small data job. But any job that requires terminating to a 110 biscuit frame get thrown my way because i have the tools and know how. 110 biscuit frames are old school and even the bloke i was working with had never seen one. Theyre simple, but you need a 5 pair punchdown, which i have, and biscuits, which i have a few floating around in the car. So the bloke asks to watch me do it. Yeah nah. I get him to do it only off my description. After he nungs it to set and trim the cores and nungs it again to seat the bicky, he looks back with a satisfied look and says its easy. It is with the right tools, just theres no point buying the tools as i only break out the big punchy every few years. Then he proceeds to tell me how our old pm was telling him horror stories of 110 frames etc. So i shut that down, our old pm was a power only guy, no data. The young bloke is more up with the times so data is also his game. But hey, i taught something to someone willing to learn, and he was really pleased with himself to do it. That's what i like to see.
Old 13-08-2019, 07:30 PM   #1108
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This didnt happen today but as it was in place called Quorn in which my phone is average at best we ran a night time steam special from Quorn on Saturday night to Port Augusta had a meal and then headed back to Quorn. If you have never seen and heard a steam engine at night you are truly missing out on one the most amazing things ever. Even people who arent train heads think it pretty damn special. As for me it never gets old.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2019, 08:26 PM   #1109
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
This didnt happen today but as it was in place called Quorn in which my phone is average at best we ran a night time steam special from Quorn on Saturday night to Port Augusta had a meal and then headed back to Quorn. If you have never seen and heard a steam engine at night you are truly missing out on one the most amazing things ever. Even people who arent train heads think it pretty damn special. As for me it never gets old.
any photos or videos, you are a nasty tease man,
Old 13-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #1110
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found a NOS XC 5.8 badge in the box in my shed full of small parts I completely forgot about.
Found a few other bits and bobs too, but this was the stand out.
2 users like this post: