Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #151
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Seen a white XR5 in Rockhampton and a Panther XR5 out near Gracemere. Also saw a red Mondeo out near Emerald not too sure what type it was though.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #152
warren77

In the past few days, I have seen about 5 Mondeos SOR in Perth - 2 of them a redish colour, a Sea Grey XR5 and a Silver XR5.

Seems to be getting more popular over here.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #153
middleman
Starter Motor

Sighted a Sea Grey Mondeo approaching the roundabout of Taylors Road and Kings Road shortly before noon today. Beginning to see some here in west Melbourne!

----
Sea Grey, Hatch
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #154
Shiner
Starter Motor

: One here in rural SA......

Wifey want's to know how many times someone is going to ask her if she knows she has pulled up at the diesel pump?
Shiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #155
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Saw a red TDCi Hatch at Westfield Strathpine and a silver TDCi Hatch at Bunning Carseldine yesterday .
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #156
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

NW Tas: Starting to see a few around here more often. There's ours of course, a panther xr5, a zetec in tonic, one in tango and another TDCI in blue ambition.

On a sad note, I parked the other day near the blue ambition and as I walked past, noticed that it's already been dinged (either by the owner or someone else). A nasty white paint mark on the upper front of the left front wheel arch. The bumper also looked a bit out of wack. Almost brought a tear to my eye.
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #157
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Damn, you guys are luckly. They're plague on the Gold Coast. I can't go anywhere without seeing one.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #158
SnowInSummer
Starter Motor

Hello all, there's a new one on the road in Canberra - mine! It's a white TDCi hatch and the first 1,000km have been all good. :
SnowInSummer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #159
mundus
Starter Motor

I used to complain about how difficult it is to see a mondeo on road. After picked up mine on friday, I saw 3 of them!!!! I was so excited even waved to the guys in them.
mundus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #160
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Default Not TOO Common I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundus
I used to complain about how difficult it is to see a mondeo on road. After picked up mine on friday, I saw 3 of them!!!! I was so excited even waved to the guys in them.

I'm kinda glad they're not more common. Give's 'em a unique feel. The missus was out driving Sunday near Devonport, pulled into a fruit stall just as a silver Mondy was pulling out. In her words, they both looked at each other, pointed, screamed, smiled and waved, then went their separate ways.

I wouldn't want this car to be "just another" on the road. After all, how many times do you look at all the 3's, 6's, Accord's, Camry's, Aurion's, etc. on the road and go "WOW a new XXX" (fill in the blank). Bet you still do when you see a Mondeo (I know I do but it's only been a month), and the car is still turning heads where ever it goes.
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #161
Dusty1
Giddy up!

They are still rare enough that people still look when they walk past them.

Mine was parked outside the in-laws on Sunday and just about everyone who walked past it gave it a good look over.

Pity it's dirty and in need of a clean.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #162
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lately specially around this time of the year with parties nearly every weekend I just seemed to get into arguments on diesel v petrol and rear drive v front drive,misses warned me next party to be on my best behavior or else, zzzzzzzz!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #163
Erax
Starter Motor

I should be adding to the Perth population tomorrow - hopefully taking delivery of my Chill TDCI hatch. Would apparently have had it today, but the 1600kg towbar was missing a cable that they are freighting in from Victoria.
Erax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #164
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erax
I should be adding to the Perth population tomorrow - hopefully taking delivery of my Chill TDCI hatch. Would apparently have had it today, but the 1600kg towbar was missing a cable that they are freighting in from Victoria.
Congrats and enjoy. You won't be dissappointed.
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #165
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty much the only one at Oran Park yesterday!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #166
FRIKA
FRIKA

Saw 3 Mondeos in a space of 5 mins on the road and one later on that day to make it 4.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #167
46302ute
gunna get there

Default still sure

still sure there has been a mis spelling of the nam mundane O !
( i do have blue blood but there is a limit i would prefer to walk ) !! :
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #168
scribbly

Saw a XR5 (very new build) at Wilsons Prom last week. He got away before I could speak to him.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #169
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46302ute
still sure there has been a mis spelling of the nam mundane O !
( i do have blue blood but there is a limit i would prefer to walk ) !! :
LOL< Perhaps you would prefer to drive something a little more 'entertaining'?
Perhaps something as slow as a Camry, sloppy as a Peugeot, that handles like a 60’s International Truck, that rusts like an Alpha Sud and rattles like a Melbourne tram. Now that I think about it you could cover all those ‘bad’ designs in one easy package…….. its called a Ford F series, any one will do, they are all as bad as each other, a little hard to come by though cus they didn’t sell very well here and those that did get here seemed to rust away within the first few years. :
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #170
cammag

Just in the last couple of weeks I have noticed that there are now about another 5 Mondys around the gatton area.

1 Colorado XR5.
1 Tonic LX
1 Tonic Zetec Sedan
1 Ink Blue Zetec Hatch
1 Sea Grey Zetec Hatch

Anyone here? Good to see more of them around.
Old 15-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #171
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They're pretty common in NZ. Parked next to a Sea Gray liftback at a petrol station today. Nice colour.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #172
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

If you go down to the woods (Daylesford, VIC) on Aus Day weekend, you would have been in a for a big surprise.
They come out from hiding. Four in one day, all different, including a Blue Ambition XR5 with sunroof (want...want...). Even, dare I say it, more Mondeos than FG Falcon. Must be a message here.

I drive 30km each way each weekday from North CBR to Sth for work, see the same 3 cars within each 2 week period....for nine months now. Don't seem to be many local here. And the same Black XR5 was on the dealers lot for a l-o-n-g time late08/early09.

Marketing, marketing, where for(d) art thou Marketing........
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post