Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #61
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hey Fenno, sounds strongly like an MB. There's no way they'd retrofit an HMI dash. I suspect it just had an older compliance label with the right info but the wrong description.

A quick email with a photo to Ford CRC and they'll provide clarification for you officially.
Old 22-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #62
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Hey Fenno, sounds strongly like an MB. There's no way they'd retrofit an HMI dash. I suspect it just had an older compliance label with the right info but the wrong description.

A quick email with a photo to Ford CRC and they'll provide clarification for you officially.
Thanks Zetec, I have emailed the dealer today with photos etc but haven't heard back yet. I will call Ford CRC tomorrow. Just weird how mine didn't have the Zetec badge but had an MA plate and everything else the same as an MB. I suspect you are right..they just messed up the plate and badge. I want everything to be OK so I'm not messed around come sale/trade in time. My insurance company said if the plate is MA then MA's on the policy.
Fenno70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #63
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Another chapter in the Mondeo MB (with MA compliance plate) saga. My MB Mondeo has the MA's tyre's; Goodyear Excellence, whereas other MB's have the Bridgestone Potenzas.

After some checking it sounds like the Goodyears are better, however just proves my theory about my MB being an MA in drag.
Old 23-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #64
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenno70
Another chapter in the Mondeo MB (with MA compliance plate) saga. My MB Mondeo has the MA's tyre's; Goodyear Excellence, whereas other MB's have the Bridgestone Potenzas.

After some checking it sounds like the Goodyears are better, however just proves my theory about my MB being an MA in drag.
Mondeos can have Bridgestone or Goodyear 17" tyres. I found the Excellence to be very average in the wet and much preferred the Potenzas when I fitted 17" wheels.

My guess is that you have a "changeover" model. The Mondeo has not changed in Europe since it was released in 2007, so the MA and MB only exist in Australia. You may have a car that was built to MB specs, but the compliance plate and badging were still as per the MA.

It will make absolutely no difference to the car, but if it was sold to you as a MB, then the plate should b***** well say MB!
Old 23-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #65
obione980

Dunno about models in NZ.

I bought a 'run out' MA TDCI in November, 2009. Came with HDMI, bluetooth, leather seats etc - but definitely an MA - and sold as such.

The dealer explained that the ONLY difference between the MB Zetec and the model I bought was that the MB had a multi colour dash display.

I assume tho' that the resale of my MA will be less than an MB - so worth following up in your case!
obione980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #66
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by obione980
Dunno about models in NZ.

I bought a 'run out' MA TDCI in November, 2009. Came with HDMI, bluetooth, leather seats etc - but definitely an MA - and sold as such.

The dealer explained that the ONLY difference between the MB Zetec and the model I bought was that the MB had a multi colour dash display.

I assume tho' that the resale of my MA will be less than an MB - so worth following up in your case!
Hi obione, thanks for info. Mine actually has the full colour display, so I reckon the previous post is on the money - it was caught in the middle of the model changeover. I spoke to the dealer and they check all their MBs and reckon they all have Category MA plates and that my Zetec missing badge is just a manufacturing oversight - ordering me a new one. Howevt I want to see an MB plate with my own eyes.

Can someone with an MB with the zetec badge and Lorenza tyres PLEASE confirm if your model plate (drivers side pillar down the bottom) says Category MA or MB ???
Old 24-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #67
MOND30
If You Seek AU

I have a July build Titanium (new model for MB) and I'm pretty sure the compliance plate in the driver's door jamb says "MA" - so I hope that's some comfort!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #68
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOND30
I have a July build Titanium (new model for MB) and I'm pretty sure the compliance plate in the driver's door jamb says "MA" - so I hope that's some comfort!
Hi mond30, thanks for the info. Mine's Jul 09 as well so that is very good to hear. Cheers!
Old 24-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #69
wusyc

My Jul 09 build Titanium also says "Category MA" on the plate.
Old 24-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #70
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Anyone do any towing with the diesel?
I would like to tow a boat, probably about 900kg braked trailer.

Also any more news on a new model this year for Oz? Spec's.....
Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #71
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Attack
Anyone do any towing with the diesel?
I would like to tow a boat, probably about 900kg braked trailer.
The Mondeo won the UK caravan club towcar on the year award twice, but not as a diesel. The award went to the Titanium X with the 2.5 petrol engine (XR5).

But I'm sure that the diesel would be great for towing.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #72
John Watts
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo

Hi, I have been very happy with my diesel Mondeo TDCi upto approx 30,000kms. When the Turbo first started to switch -off. It has happened a few times since, mostly on the freeway resulting in a sudden drop in kph. More recently on holiday it became a real problem as the problem has since started to also interfer with the ABS system. Dealers (4 different ones so far) seem to only be able to reset the computer and cannot identify the root cause of the problem. Meanwhile they are unable to offer a satisfactory solution on a vehicle that is still under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin
Hi folks

First time poster.

I'm looking at getting a mondeo and have come across this site during my research.

I am not sure which motor I should go with petrol or diesel.

I have read a few posts on here and have noticed people raving about their fuel consumption figures etc.

What to current mondeo owners suggest, should I go for the petrol or diesel?

Thanks
Crawlin
John Watts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #73
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Just drove to Canberra and back with the A/C on and got about 1070k out of a tank. Got to Gundagai on return before I filled and still had 240k on dist to empty (travelled 830k at that stage). I pretty much drove non-stop for 7 hours on cruise and the car was very comfortable..no sore back, steering was awesome, handles the bumps very well, radio picked up local stations nicely...this is a GREAT touring car. There's a just this little metal sounding rattle behind the radio when I go over a bump. Still a long bloody drive though, might fly next time ha ha.
Old 25-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #74
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Fenno, I've got that metal sound too. They've replaced the rear tweeter twice on mine, and it's still there. See if they will replace the door skin through warranty, that might fix it. Although they won't want to.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #75
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenno70
Just drove to Canberra and back with the A/C on and got about 1070k out of a tank. Got to Gundagai on return before I filled and still had 240k on dist to empty (travelled 830k at that stage). I pretty much drove non-stop for 7 hours on cruise and the car was very comfortable..no sore back, steering was awesome, handles the bumps very well, radio picked up local stations nicely...this is a GREAT touring car. There's a just this little metal sounding rattle behind the radio when I go over a bump. Still a long bloody drive though, might fly next time ha ha.
Slightly off topic did you find people flying past you on the road do they know where the Police are! I'm sitting on about 115 km/h yet they still pass me?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #76
fordmondeoman

i have a oct 2009 built tdi and the plate says ma on it. Now is this engine the 97kw or 103 anyone know when did the 103kw come out, as owners manual says 97 but then most other info i read says 103kw makes no real difference just wondering.