Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
robjg33
broady grown

Smile just bought a 1997 Mondeo

hi
ive just picked up a Mondeo
and would like some wheels for it can anyone tell me what pcd they use and any suggestions on where to shop for bits for it
(central locking not working properly)
cheers

robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mondeos have a uncommon PCD ( 4 x 108mm rings a bell?) and you'll have trouble getting a good selection of wheels. The centre bore is also different to other cars with the same PCD (from what I remember when I was thinking about new wheels for my ST24.)

One place tried to sell me Audi A4 (?) fittment wheels that they'd machined the centre bore out on (assuming I would buy them!?) I told them to shove the wheels and walked out.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Any wheels that fit an LR Focus will fit a Mondeo. Try Wheel King in either Melbourne or Sydney, otherwise Tempe tyres (www.tempetyres.com.au) can also supply aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, back when I was looking there was no such thing as a Focus in Australia.

The selection should have improved with time. I think the Ka also shares the same stud pattern?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
pcperfection
Cougar

Same as the Cougar 108's, and yes, the wheel choice is buggar all, ROH wheels will custom make some as long as your pockets are deep enough, I ended up getting mine from www.bigotyres.com.au at Moorebank, they had some 19" blanks which they drilled out for me and they used a hard rubber spacer to take up the slack in the centre bore.

Cheers
Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, Cougar/ Mondeo have the same drive train / suspension/ floor pan.

You just reminded me too, one of the options I found was Speedy wheels had certain styles that they kept as blanks and could have drilled to suit. See www.speedywheels.com.au From memory it was the Cheetah or Spyder they could do- try Emailing them if interested.

There's a Cougar near where I work that has some nice 18" (?) rims fitted, I think they're Lenso's?