Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #91
ronnyBB
Channel 4 news team

Default Re: Who will win Bathurst 1000 in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
thanks for this, watching that again just brought up a well of emotion. Amazing
Seeing his wife so happy then they said, its all about his kids and family for frosty
Thats where i got a bit emotional
Well done Ford
Old 14-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #92
Buntz
Straight Eight

A race highlight for me was Murphy putting his car into the wall. That was just as good for me as Frosty winning the mountain.
Old 14-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #93
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I read Murphy is beating himself up with that crash.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #94
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Not a happy camper I reckon
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #95
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

MURPH TAKES THE BLAME

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/m...akes-the-blame

Quote:
A devastated Greg Murphy has taken the blame for the crash that eliminated the front-running Holden Racing Team Commodore VF from the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and also hurt James Courtney’s Championship hopes.

The four-time Bathurst winner lost the rear-end of the Holden as he rounded the right-hand turn heading into Reid Park. The impact into the concrete wall at 135km/h destroyed the right-front suspension of the car.

“I don’t know what happened, I either turned in too late or a bit too aggressively,” Murphy said. “It was weird. I had had moments on other parts of the track today, but not there.

“It completely caught me by surprise. I lost the rear and as soon as it got in the marbles it was gone. I wasn’t going to collect it from there.”

It was the fourth big crash of the week at Reid Park this week as team have battled to set up their new Car of the Future V8 Supercars. A blustery wind has not helped car handling today.

Murphy suffered no serious injury in the crash, which was the second notable one of the race after David Russell collected a kangaroo in the Jack Daniel’s Nissan Altima he was sharing with Todd Kelly on lap 21.

“The pride is hurt,” said Murphy. “There is no upside to this; his Championship, the team, the build-up, what you come here for.

“It’s been a tough weekend for a lot of teams, the cars have caught us all out on how they have behaved around the track. They are certainly not easy and they are not the nicest car I have ever driven around Bathurst by any means.”

The Courtney/Murphy Commodore qualified fifth for the Great Race and was shaping as a rostrum player when the accident happened on lap 87.

The DNF meant Courtney missed the chance to collect up to 300 Championship points in this race and will certainly drop from fifth in the Championship.

But Courtney refused to make his teammate any worse than he already was.

“Being so gusty I thought the car was moving around a lot more than normal,” Courtney said. “Conditions are really, really tricky. I was having moments and our car was pretty loose all weekend.

“This could have happened to anyone, I am just gutted for Murph. He is just a seasoned campaigner and to go out like this is tearing him up. We’ll be right, we will rebuild the car and press on at Indy. The good thing is he’s okay."

Courtney has dropped from fifth in the Championship to ninth and is now 514 points off leader Jamie Whincup, who fininshed the race in second with Warren Luff, 0.4 seconds behind first time winner Mark Winterbottom, paired with three-time winner Steve Richards.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #96
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERG_51 View Post
Finally repaid for his loyalty to the team and the brand.
Exactly, Frosty has been the ONLY current driver that has been loyal to Ford throughout his career!

I am so glad that he drove as well as he ever has in that race. Apart from his fluffed start (which with full tanks, the tallest diff on offer - is easy to do) that was a faultless performance. Richo drove as well as I can ever remember him doing so. Richo's speed was superb.

Early parts of the race where the FPR cars were running 5th & 6th Skaife was saying that he was seriously impressed with the speed of them. With the huge gusts of wind playing havoc, for neither driver to not make a mistake all day under large pressure which got amped up to massive pressure for the last 60 odd laps was enormous.

F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R. F.P.R.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #97
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwsarebset View Post
I cried when FROSTY won so happy, followed him for years.
V8 Supercars is not what it used to be, for one not enough cars should be about 36 make it more exciting, and maxiumum of say 8 cars per manufacturer. mercs are going to be strong next year.
I may have teared up a bit too..but was trying to hide it from my wife sitting beside me...because im a mans man lol
seeing murphy hit the wall (im sorry to admit) was the second best thing all day He was avoiding the plastic bag when he slid wide.....what a load of tripe he keeps goin on about saying..."I don't know what happened"
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #98
OCTANEBOSS

The 200 bucks of merchandise from FPR in broady a few months ago paid off... & the consensus from the girls on the counter when asked about there FPR future was watch this space... cool they continue on into the future for awhile yet. Well done Frosty & FPR, takes a bit of the sting out of the crappy news that most of us Ford brothers & sisters have had to accept of recent months... no Mercs Frosty make it back to back.
OCTANEBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #99
jamies

I reckon that Kangaroo should be called the ''Super roo'' for not getting killed crossing the race track....
Old 15-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #100
Ninny
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
So happy go Frosty. One of the genuine nice guys in pitlane. Not a hint of arrogance about him (unlike whingcup). One of the fairest drivers too. Not too many instances of Frosty punting another guy for position. In fact I've been critical of him at times for his lack of aggression.

This result had me teering up. A great win for the good guys. A turning point for FPR I hope. Outnumbered almost 3-1 by ******* VF's and 3 Falcons in the top 10. So So proud!!!
How true ..an absolute gentleman and so well deserved .. From someone who sees these guys in the back stalls
Ninny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #101
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just noticed in todays herald sun, a full page ad by Ford celebrating sundays Bathurst win, cant remember the last time Ford did this.
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #102
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz View Post
A race highlight for me was Murphy putting his car into the wall. That was just as good for me as Frosty winning the mountain.
4 highlights for me

1 - frosty's win
2 - top 10 was ford and holden
3 - first car out was a nissan
4 - highest place for the new Kids on the block was 14th

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #103
XR27
Tickford XR8
Donating Member1

Quote:
Good!!!!!
Suck eggs murphy!!!!!!
XR27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #104
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: