Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 31-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
cammag

Question Accesories available and Bluetooth

Hello all,
We just bought a new Mondeo, only had it a couple of days now. It is a Sea Grey Zetec Sedan. We should have sprung for the Bluetooth/Voice control but didn’t. D’oh.

I have a full wired car kit but don’t really won’t to have the interior pulled out to have it installed. They never go back the same way and the end result is a heap of new rattles and creaks. So I am looking at some Bluetooth car kits, but I do not know too much about them and do not know what is good. I was looking at the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 http://www.blueant.com.au/s3_handsfree.htm . Does anyone else have one of these or heard of them? What are they like?

When we bought the car the salesman didn’t really talk about accessories. I have checked the ford site and they do not have much listed there. We did get a genuine bonnet protector fitted that is not listed on the ford site. I was just wondering what other accessories there are that are not listed?

And finally a big thanks to the posters here, I had a good look through here for what you guys thought of the Mondeo before we bought it, the only other option would have been a Camry.

Cheers.

Edit: Spelling

Old 31-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Welcome cammag, the Mondeo is still very new so there isn't a lot around for them yet. I have a Bury Bluetooth kit in mine and the install was very easy and didn't require a lot of 'dismantling' its totally stealth and works fine with the audio system muting the radio when a call comes in etc.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
cammag

Hey paulie0735,

Yeah I did see your post on that, I like where you have your controls. They sound like a good unit. The last couple of days i have been enjoying how quite the car is. Not a single creak, rattle or noise of any sort.

I have had a full wired carkit and UHF radio in the last two cars and really miss both. I am not missing the noises though.

Cheers.
Old 31-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Yeah, I have had wired car kits in my cars for best part of 10 years but this is my first Blutooth and I'm very happy with it. Early Bluetooth kits didn't impress me much and I hate the portable ones but the Bury is very good and I would never go back to a wired in kit again.
Old 31-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
warren77

I have the factory bluetooth in mine. However, I believe that it should be standard. Such a great safety feature.

The voice activation doesn't do much for me - I don't use it.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
The voice activation is annoying/frustrating and will sometimes misinterpret what you have asked for...

I do like the built-in bluetooth functionality.

My brother has the Blueant Supertooth2 (glossy black one), he likes using it - and it is kinda stealth clipped onto the sun-visor (hard to see from outside).
Old 31-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I had a BlueAnt Supertooth 3 and didn't care for it, I ended up getting a THB Bury kit like the one Paulie has in his XR5.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
cammag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
I had a BlueAnt Supertooth 3 and didn't care for it, I ended up getting a THB Bury kit like the one Paulie has in his XR5.
Hey Lord Viykor,
What was it that put you off it?

Cheers.
Old 31-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm I like my voice activation never had a problem

voice...... radio ..... r a d i o ..... RADIO frigin bloody RADIO !!!

"command cancel ..... "device please" get $&$**!! get home misses says "haha she's not talking to you today" "yeh, yeh"

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
hmmm I like my voice activation never had a problem

voice...... radio ..... r a d i o ..... RADIO frigin bloody RADIO !!!

"command cancel ..... "device please" get $&$**!! get home misses says "haha she's not talking to you today" "yeh, yeh"

apstar
Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #11
ian b

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
I have the factory bluetooth in mine. However, I believe that it should be standard. Such a great safety feature.

Agree with warren. Great to be able to use the phone without taking your hands off the wheel. I also have my mobile set to auto-answer.

Voice activation doesn't always "listen" to what you tell it so it is often quicker to change the climate manually. CD/radio control from the steering wheel.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammag
Hey Lord Viykor,
What was it that put you off it?

Cheers.
The voice activation didn't work well for me, and the sound was very 'tinney'.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #13
wjf

I also regret not spec'ing the BT option but I found a nice little compromise that works for me.

I bought a MIO C520 GPS unit which not only gives me sat nav but handsfree bluetooth for incoming and outgoing calls. It paired brilliantly with my RAZR V9 and I can answer calls by pressing one big button on the widescreen/touchscreen display, I can make calls by tapping a few buttons on the display as it also transferred all my contacts from my phone to the GPS unit.

The bad news is that since it's not integrated it doesnt automatically mute the stereo, the good news is that there is no installation reuqired. The mount is brilliant and it sits nicely on my windscreen right next to my drivers side rear view mirror.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #14
r2d2

I have the bluetooth option and have the HTC cruise, I find that on the ocasion my car and mobile have a fight and stop talking to each other. I then have to turn off my mobile and back on again to reconnect the phone. I do like the voice command to dial numbers, just say the number and it will dial it. The voice activation only seems good for the voice dialing and demist/defrost on function. Plus it is good for the late night drive and having something to talk to. Voice activation on ' Help" "Help functions included....." Then we have a argument because she doesnt understand english

Still loving the car though
Old 14-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #15
walschaert
Starter Motor

I took delivery of a new TDCi which I am really pleased with, however I included the bluetooth option when I ordered the car three months ago and the car came without it fitted which is really disappointing.

Dealer says it cannot be fitted after and has offered an aftermarket kit. Are we quite sure the factory option cannot be fitted afterwards? I would not like to be fobbed off by the dealer for this.

I will look up the Bury model that Paulie has fitted, the one being offered is a Parrot CK3100 or something.

I'm a new poster, there's some good info on this forum.
walschaert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #16
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by walschaert
I took delivery of a new TDCi which I am really pleased with, however I included the bluetooth option when I ordered the car three months ago and the car came without it fitted which is really disappointing.
Your first mistake,its not what you paid for you should have insisted a vehicle with it
Dealer says it cannot be fitted after and has offered an aftermarket kit. Are we quite sure the factory option cannot be fitted afterwards? I would not like to be fobbed off by the dealer for this.
They are correct it cannot be retro fitted hence comment above
I will look up the Bury model that Paulie has fitted, the one being offered is a Parrot CK3100 or something.

I'm a new poster, there's some good info on this forum. Yes the guys /gals here are very good

apstar
Old 15-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #17
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by walschaert
I took delivery of a new TDCi
Congratulations and welcome to the forums.
Quote:
I included the bluetooth option when I ordered the car three months ago and the car came without it fitted which is really disappointing.
This is not a simple case of disappointment, but being delivered something you did not order! Imagine being provided with a TDCi without the Turbo? It's not quite that bad though...
Quote:
Dealer says it cannot be fitted after and has offered an aftermarket kit.
This is true. Ask them why they did not supply you with the car you ordered!

Don't hold back on your new car survey, and make sure you tell the guy from Ford Customer Care that will ring you!

Well, it is good to hear that you are pleased with the car.
I guess you can always pay a little extra to get Bluetooth for your GPS (considering that Ford aren't offering it as an option!).
Old 15-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
walschaert
Starter Motor

Well, I hear what you're saying but we (the dealer and I) discovered the bluetooth wasn't fitted when I picked up the car and at that point the dealer couldn't tell me if the option could be fitted later. It was three or four days later before he got back to me and by then I had put 500kms on the car. I had waited long enough, and it's a work car which was needed for work so I had to weigh how much of a fuss I was going to make over a $400 (or something) option that I have managed to do without for the last 30 years of driving.

The voice activation of other controls might have been fun, or just a bit gimmicky.

I'm not too keen on the aftermarket ones because i like the panel as it is, and everytime I looked at it it would make me cranky about not getting the option in the first place. Plus, as others have said I would hear every rattle or squeak once it had been installed. I have used a blueant sunvisor unit which was OK, might use that instead.

But you're right, I will certainly be making my thoughts known on the feedback form. Even got my name wrong - not just a little bit wrong but a completely different person.

Otherwise the car is great, had a falcon and a territory before that. Nice change. Talk about handling.
walschaert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #19
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

walschaert

Wait till you get an online survey from Ford although the dealer will send his first I had minor issues with the paint work [now fixed] Ford will issue a case number which the dealer has to address to FORD!!

WARNING Do not use abusive language it will get you nowhere I know how you feel produce evidence [copy of deposit receipt] and it will be sorted out I was even given a replacement car while the work was done tell you what though Ford are serious about the Mondeo they are calling me back this week for an update from me on my satisfaction on how it was handled they will get 10/10 I really missed the Bluetooth and Voice Activation on the loan car I use it every time I can and the more you use it the better you appreciate it JMHO

apstar

Last edited by apstar; 16-09-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 16-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #20
TonyDragons1
Starter Motor

Here in NZ the new Mondeos do not come with the Bluetooth option (yet), I have visited John Andrews Ford in Auckland today who tell me they have been testing a bluetooth module that is compatible with the NZ radio system. Apparently the frequency(ies) used here are different to Aust and Europe and no Mondeos have the Bluetooth option as yet. Testing has come up with a few glitches - like the radio station changing after hanging up on a call....

Ford here do say that it is a simple module and software install that will allow Bluetooth compatability with all NZ Mondeos, and this will obviously be a retro fit. Not sure of the Aussie cars but the ones here all come with the handsfree speaker adjacent to the sunglass holder on the rooflining.

Also the very latest batch of Zetecs to hit the roads i.e. from this week on have a couple of subtle changes, the first being the fitment of the XR5 rear diffuser which has a more aggressive shape and allows visibility of the tail pipes. + they are now adopting the XR5 alloys... I am spewing as I picked up my Zetec last Fri and missed out on these changes..... The alloys on mine are the multiple straight spoke with a tiny gap in between each one that are proving to be a real challenge to clean!
TonyDragons1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #21
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDragons1
Here in NZ the new Mondeos do not come with the Bluetooth option (yet), I have visited John Andrews Ford in Auckland today who tell me they have been testing a bluetooth module that is compatible with the NZ radio system. Apparently the frequency(ies) used here are different to Aust and Europe and no Mondeos have the Bluetooth option as yet. Testing has come up with a few glitches - like the radio station changing after hanging up on a call....
I was in NZ in March 05 and used my Optus mobile through international roaming. Didn't have a problem. I'd say there is a problem with allocations of bluetooth cars to NZ.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2008, 12:12 AM   #22
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This looks good http://www.smh.com.au/news/essential...330801765.html

apstar
Old 20-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #23
RJO89
EuroFordClub

My mate's got one of them in his car. Great little units. If you don't have integrated bluetooth they're easily the next best thing. Can strongly recommend after using one first hand.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #24
cammag

I ended up getting a SuperTooth III. The sound is ok. Not too bad a unit really. With bluetooth enabled on my phone, it just sucks the life out of my battery. I do miss my wired carkit.

Did anyone else get a bonnet protector? The clips on mine keep slipping off the leading edge of the bonnet. It wont stay on at all.
Old 22-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #25
warren77

After having a bonnet protector on my first Liberty and then having someone walk by and snap it off in a car park, I have never bothered with another one.

Plus I didn't want it spoiling the lines of the car.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
With bluetooth enabled on my phone, it just sucks the life out of my battery.
yeh found that out the hard way I know my 6110 Navigator GPS chews battery life up but thought Bluetooth was using much less power apparently not

apstar
Old 23-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #27
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
I ended up getting a SuperTooth III. The sound is ok. Not too bad a unit really. With bluetooth enabled on my phone, it just sucks the life out of my battery. I do miss my wired carkit.

Did anyone else get a bonnet protector? The clips on mine keep slipping off the leading edge of the bonnet. It wont stay on at all.
I got one fitted for nix. Pretty happy with it. The dealer didn't put it on the way I would have, but it does the job. It's clear so doesn't upset the lines too much.

I've had a car with out one, and it suffered pretty badly. The size of the front bumper will mean that it is, most likely, not going to do too much.

I was thinking about hte headlight protectors as well, but they are a bit grand pa-ish for me.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post