Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default Who here has ACTUALLY USED Procomp heads??

who here has or is running an engine with procomp heads?? doesnt have to be just ford either

im not starting a thread to bag out the procomp name and if you are going to talk junk about them then please take it to another thread, just curious to hear from people who ARE actually running them and what have their experiences been.

ive read and heard a lot from people who are quick to say bad about the name, but the comments are from people who HAVENT used the heads on their engines so i would only like to hear from people who are using the heads.

I know all about the stories regarding their dizzys etc.... but heard their heads are not too bad...

anyway, i'll await the replies cause people seem to be buying them so surely someone has something to say..

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
Old 30-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

A simple search would have found numerous hits.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....hlight=procomp

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....hlight=procomp
Old 30-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

a friend of mine builds motors and uses their heads flatout, he says apart froma little tidying up they are excellent for a low cost engine build
Old 30-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
4VCLEVO
XA GT

I run them on my clevo. Some problems such as shrouded valves, spring hights can vary slightly. You wouldn't use these heads without fixing the problem listed, and if your handy with the di-grinder then they are a good buy. I think now that AFD's are prety cheap, then you should buy those over the procomps.
I have them now and am happy enough with them, my engine is producing around 500hp, and happly cruises around at 1600rpm with a toploader and 3.7 diff gears, so I can't complain.
I'm sure if you do a search for procomp in the cleveland section then you'll find several posts about my experiance with the heads.
Old 30-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378

Agreed.
Closed Thread