Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

Default Found my old car for sale!

Found my previous car for sale a year after I traded it in. A simple rego search on Google did the trick!

Who else has stumbled upon their previously loved cars for sale, either online, in a lot or even on the side of the road?!?!

Here is the pic from the advert... kinda regret getting rid of it now!! Nice to see it hasn't changed and is still in good nick (on the outside at least!)

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

DAILY: 2015 PXII Ranger Wildtrak, Pride Orange, 6sp auto, tech pack (pics here)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
dawsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
davez104
Landau = GT with the lot!

Default Re: Found my old car for sale!

Traded my BF XR8 in on a Toyota a few months ago. The local Ford dealer rang me about 6 weeks later trying to work out who owned the XR8. It had been dropped off at the dealership by a tilt tray, looking fairly thrashed, owner unknown. Sounds to me like it might have been stolen and taken for a joyride. Better now than when I owned it I guess.

Dave.
davez104 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That XR8 is nice mate

I recall I sold my XF Fairmont Ghia in 1993. About 4 years later I noticed it parked across the road from my place. Same rego plate and same rust in the rear pillar but otherwise similar condition to when I sold it.

So I waited for the owner to come out of the house across the road so I could have a yarn. Now owned by a 30 yo woman..So much for the Ford dealer where I traded it in saying it would probably go to the wreckers and that I should be thankful with the $4k trade in allowance I was given on my new EB. ha ha
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

I'd love to find some of my old cars for sale, or even get updates about how they are going.

Mine are all across Australia, and I do keep my eyes peeled for them so if they do pop up, I might even have a chance to buy them again if I wanted to.

Usually when i've sold cars, it is for a reason - not because I wanted to. So in most cases i'd jump at the chance to have them again - providing that they are still good enough to consider (or restorable economically)!
Old 24-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

A friend of mine used to work for Maughan Thiem for many years and doted on his EF Falcon Classic. Working at Ford he optioned the crap out of it, was always immaculate, helluva pickup for someone. Eventually traded it on a BA XR6.....

He died of cancer a little down the track and I had the misfortune of spotting his old ride up my way. It was absolutely trashed. Dings everywhere, looked like utter crap. Large sloblike fellow behind the wheel that obviously didn't give a damn.

Moral is, it is sometimes better not to know.

My own BA turbo lowered, FPV 19's, C2R genuine kit, genuine hump bonnet, i loved creating that thing. Sold it and a short time ago saw the new owner had striped it up, stripes down the side, bonnet hump, ARGGGGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG....once again, you dont ALWAYS want to know!

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I think all mine bar one are at the wreckers or in a paddock somewhere.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
Gavin Thomas
* 1962 XK Deluxe Sedan *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsman
....Found my previous car for sale a year after I traded it in.... kinda regret getting rid of it now!! Nice to see it hasn't changed and is still in good nick.....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Proberly "done" less K's now too, ......seems to be a standard thing happening alot ATM hey,
Gavin Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

my second car was a rough looking XW sedan, looked like it had been painted with brown fence paint, i had fitted a warmed over 250 and 4 speed .
i ended up buying a 351 XC and sold the old XW to a mate for $1600.

about 18 months later to was driving past the local holden dealer and there it was in the lot. ( mate had traded on a torana). i stoped and was having a look at it when the dealer came out and started talking. when i asked how much they were going to sell it for he said " make an offer " being young and smart i said $300. couldnt believe it when he said "ok". i went straight to the bank and got the money for him. the car was still the same as when i had first sold it.

kept it for about 6 months and then sold it to another mate for $1100 and he trashed it.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sold my 94 verada wagon just over a year ago. i can't escape it. i have seen it about 5 times since. the owner is a surfer so its being treated like a surfie car. dost bother me too much Im just happy it didn't get scrapped.

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
my second car was a rough looking XW sedan, looked like it had been painted with brown fence paint, i had fitted a warmed over 250 and 4 speed .
i ended up buying a 351 XC and sold the old XW to a mate for $1600.

about 18 months later to was driving past the local holden dealer and there it was in the lot. ( mate had traded on a torana). i stoped and was having a look at it when the dealer came out and started talking. when i asked how much they were going to sell it for he said " make an offer " being young and smart i said $300. couldnt believe it when he said "ok". i went straight to the bank and got the money for him. the car was still the same as when i had first sold it.

kept it for about 6 months and then sold it to another mate for $1100 and he trashed it.
Haha not bad.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Sold my winter white ba xt two years ago, 4 days after selling it i spotted it in at the ford dealership getting an engine rebuild probably due to the fact that i thought it was build ford tough
Old 24-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
Fantome

Found our old girl for sale on the web after a simple search for the rego on google. We didn't keep the personalised plates as they would have made no sense on the black G6E Turbo plus the rip off surcharge in NSW.
Fantome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i sold a ford probe then one day found it in a car park on its roof stripped and burnt. Was a hard thing to see as it was the car that got me into doing my own work on the a car
Old 25-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

I came by my old EB about a year ago or so.....
Was good to see it still on the road with 400,000km+ !

https://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/data/2937/ebjan11-01.jpg[/IMG]
However, the car did look a bit tidier back in '08 when I traded it !
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #15
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

15 yrs ago i sold my 1 owner xt falcon 500, white with black vynal roof.. all original down to trim & even the radio.. car had been rear ended & i could not afford at the time to fix it so i unreg'ed it & when the car sold the bloke wanted the old plates & books which i had but could not find at the time so we made a deal he'd call me when the car was complete..
the call came & i went to see it.. brought the plates & owners manual too & when i pulled up i saw my old xt not restored as he said, but resprayed red, all trip & chrome gone except for bumpers & grille, white interior with xa buckets, the original dash & facia was also painted spray pack white!
thing looked terrible... then he has the nerve to say .. did u find the plates & owners book? cause i'd love to have them to keep it original!!!
ah no was my answer,... the books at home in a frame next to a pic of the car before the accident, the plates are on my current car..
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #16
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After selling my magna a few years go I saw it 2-3 times driving around.
Then one night I saw it on the side of the new England highway at 2am.
Coincidently I haven't seen it driving around sin e that night.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i saw mine at the local hungrys (by then not taht local as i moved 2 hours away) pulled in to have a sus some dude walked out asking why i was looking at his car, i said it was mine etc etc. ended up buying it back never been happier
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never seen any of my old cars except my AU which i sold to my brother. i'd imagine when he trades it, i'll never see it again.
Old 25-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my mates sold his XF ute. This was around 4 years ago. About 3 months ago he gets a lette from the Port Melbourne council to come pick up his car.

Some one had dumped it on the side of the road and left it. The car never got re-registered so the last know address was my mate.

He went and picked up the car, and you could see why it was dumped. LOL
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #20
basketcaseXR

I remember seeing my old KC Laser years ago being driven by an Asian lady. Still had the '0 - 100 in 15 minutes sticker'

Thought the dealer would have removed that haha

Auto, Leather, Premium Sound - stock as a rock (for now!)
basketcaseXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bossxr8 from these forums found my old EB Fairmont V8 for sale a year or two after I'd sold it. Asked me to go around with him to take a look. He ended up buying it!
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
gumbi_18

This thread inspired me to search for my last car and I found it! It looks a fair bit better now than when i traded it in. There was an "incident" in which the front right bumper had some scrapes and scratches.

gumbi_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
Andy777

i saw my old corolla sx on gumtree last year, had the same ammount of kms as when i sold it in 2006, and looked like it had a bad life, had hideous rims on it, the momo steering wheel and gear knob were replaced by parklea market el cheapo items
Andy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
anto
Za Dom spremni

yep recently found my old XBGT in WA by chance and bought it back. I sold it back in 92 ish and it was in amazing condition.
Had it freighted back to Sadelaide where it was reunited with the original engine still sitting on a stand in my garage... !! score

Very cool feeling finding an old car you loved... though when I got it home it was in horrible condition.
First thing I did was just sit in it in my garage just remembering all the great times I had in it.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Not my car but ,I live in NSW and found my old number plates for sale in SA (nsw regoed)
Old 25-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #26
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I actually went to get in my old car once. I'd traded it in maybe three weeks before. Dealer sold it straight away. Walked out of the local cinemas, bit tired after watching the movie and not really thinking. Just walked straight up to it in the parking lot and pressed the button on my key as I reached for the handle. Only thing that made me stop was the fact that the indicators didn't flash and then I realized.

PERFORMANCE MODS CAI + pod filter. That's all for the moment. More to come soon

VISUAL MODS 18in wheels wrapped in pirelli pzero nero. Push button start. Black XR8 badges, black 260 bonnet stripes, black 260 spoiler stickers, blackened sections on my tail lights, tinted side indicators, blue interior LEDs, HID head Lights, LED angel eyes and a BF typhoon front bar in the shed waiting to get painted.
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

My old ED is for sale...

Sold it to a bloke for 1000 with a buggered clutch pedel...

He is selling it for 2200 now...

Mind you, he fitted a strocker 4l (speedway motor, dog gears etc) and a EL XR6 interior...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #28
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

In 1986, my Grandparents bought an Ice Blue 1985 XF Fairmont sedan.

I grew up with it, as I and my sis were picked up from school nearly every day in that car.
It's essentially the car that got me into X-series falcons.

In 1996, my Grandparents bought a 1993 ED Fairmont, and sold the XF for $7,000 to someone in Altona, (so I thought).

The XF was a bit unique, as it has a Ghia bonnet emblem, Mitsubishi Sigma chrome guardtop indicator repeaters -
(my late Grandpa was parts manager at Mitsubishi)
and an anti-static strap at the back.

Fastforward to 2003, and I was waiting to catch a local bus, when did a double take.......I saw the car drive past. It had different no, plates, but still had the same unique features as above.......... I couldn't believe it!!

I realised that someone local must now have it.

Later, I thought to ask my Gran who they sold the car to, and it turns out, they actually sold it to their local mechanic, who used to look after the car for them.

Over the coming years, I caught glimpses of it a couple of times, but nothing to write home about.

Then fast forward to 2007.... I was looking for a local place to get my sisters Mazda dyno'd, and I got recommended to go to a local place.

When I got there, I realised it was the same mechanics that my Grandparents used to go to years ago.

I mentioned that I was their Grandson, and that I believed he'd bought my Grandpa's old XF.
"Come with me"...... he said, leading me out to the workshop.
He lead me up the back..... and there, sitting in a dark and dusty corner, looking most forgotten.........was the XF.

Unbelievable, that after all those years, he still had it.

Next thing he asks, is "Do you want to buy it?"........... I couldn't believe my ears. Surely not..... Stuff like this doesn't happen in real life.
It's too much of a coincidence........ I thought to myself.

So then I asked "How much", thinking that he's going to put a massive price on it.
And like a line straight out of the movie 'Christine', he says...
" I've been asking $600.00.......... but I'll make it $400.00 for you".

I tell you..... I could not get my wallet out fast enough. "SOLD" I said.... Trying not to sound too eager.

I got a 'Roadworthy'......... on it, transferred the rego, got the original rego plates re-issued, and haven't looked back.

(Should've seen the look on my Grans face, when I rocked up with Gramps old car.......... Pure Gold........ .)

Here's a pic.
Still in mostly original paint...... what's left of it.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it

Last edited by SPArKy_Dave; 26-05-2012 at 03:31 PM.
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave
In 1986, my Grandparents bought an Ice Blue 1985 XF Fairmont sedan.

I grew up with it, as I and my sis were picked up from school nearly every day in that car.
It's essentially the car that got me into X-series falcons.

In 1996, my Grandparents bought a 1993 ED Fairmont, and sold the XF for $7,000 to someone in Altona, (so I thought).

The XF was a bit unique, as it has a Ghia bonnet emblem, Mitsubishi Sigma chrome guardtop indicator repeaters -
(my late Grandpa was parts manager at Mitsubishi)
and an anti-static strap at the back.

Fastforward to 2003, and I was waiting to catch a local bus, when did a double take.......I saw the car drive past. It had different no, plates, but still had the same unique features as above.......... I couldn't believe it!!

I realised that someone local must now have it.

Later, I thought to ask my Gran who they sold the car to, and it turns out, they actually sold it to their local mechanic, who used to look after the car for them.

Over the coming years, I caught glimpses of it a couple of times, but nothing to write home about.

Then fast forward to 2007.... I was looking for a local place to get my sisters Mazda dyno'd, and I got recommended to go to a local place.

When I got there, I realised it was the same mechanics that my Grandparents used to go to years ago.

I mentioned that I was their Grandson, and that I believed he'd bought my Grandpa's old XF.
"Come with me"...... he said, leading me out to the workshop.
He lead me up the back..... and there, sitting in a dark and dusty corner, looking most forgotten.........was the XF.

Unbelievable, that after all those years, he still had it.

Next thing he asks, is "Do you want to buy it?"........... I couldn't believe my ears. Surely not..... Stuff like this doesn't happen in real life.
It's too much of a coincidence........ I thought to myself.

So then I asked "How much", thinking that he's going to put a massive price on it.
And like a line straight out of the movie 'Christine', he says...
" I've been asking $600.00.......... but I'll make it $400.00 for you".

I tell you..... I could not get my wallet out fast enough. "SOLD" I said.... Trying not to sound too eager.

I got a 'Roadworthy'......... on it, transferred the rego, got the original rego plates re-issued, and haven't looked back.

(Should've seen the look on my Grans face, when I rocked up with Gramps old car.......... Pure Gold........ .)

Here's a pic.
Still in mostly original paint...... what's left of it.

What a great story! Well done on getting the old girl back! You gotta be happy with that! My grandmother used to drive an immaculate ZG Fairlane and I spent quite a lot of my childhood riding in the back of it, some great memories attached to that car. Some guy had his eye on it and pestered her for a few years about selling it and she eventually did, for $700. The motor was a bit tired but it had no rust to speak of being a country Vic car, immaculate paint and vinyl roof...would love to get it back one day but I don't like my chances .
Old 26-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
15 yrs ago i sold my 1 owner xt falcon 500, white with black vynal roof.. all original down to trim & even the radio.. car had been rear ended & i could not afford at the time to fix it so i unreg'ed it & when the car sold the bloke wanted the old plates & books which i had but could not find at the time so we made a deal he'd call me when the car was complete..
the call came & i went to see it.. brought the plates & owners manual too & when i pulled up i saw my old xt not restored as he said, but resprayed red, all trip & chrome gone except for bumpers & grille, white interior with xa buckets, the original dash & facia was also painted spray pack white!
thing looked terrible... then he has the nerve to say .. did u find the plates & owners book? cause i'd love to have them to keep it original!!!
ah no was my answer,... the books at home in a frame next to a pic of the car before the accident, the plates are on my current car..
Lol, what a tit.

@SPArKy_Dave
Kick **** story there.

Last edited by Till_Lind; 26-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Till_Lind is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post