Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default AU Dash Diagnostic mode

Here's a thread after the one in the Contemporary Falcon thread for the Dash Diagnostics:

ok ... quickly had a go this morning in the carpark after I had finished driving to work for nearly an hour and a half ... so i thought I'd post up my details.

I managed to get into the DIAG mode first go.

I found with mine that it flashed "f0rd" ... I then pressed the odo reset button
It then came up with the LCD test (all icons/numbers/etc stay on) ... press odo button

To change between views from each one press the odo reset button.

1) 73 (Petrol in L - no level buffering) / 175 (Petrol Sender Resistance - Unbuffered)
2) 510 (Unknown) / 94 (Coolant Temp - Deg C)
3) 0 (engine RPM) / 0 (Vehicle Speed km/h) car was turned off
4) 0 (Oil Pressure) / 12.6 (Battery Voltage)
5) 0 (Inst. Fuel Consumption L/100km) / 3.0 Inst. Fuel Consumption (x 0.1 Litres)
6) 678148 (Fuel used since Trip Avg L/100km Reset - x 0.1L = 67814.8 / 356.3 (KMs travelled since Trip Avg L/100km Reset
7) 64L (Buffered Fuel Tank Level - Value used for Guage / 8.0 Buffered Fuel Tank Level Sender Resistance
8) - / 7 (Gear Position) 7=P
9) 0000 (Unknown) / 1001 (Unknown 0 apparently changes on AC Clutch Engage)
10) 0000 (Unknown) / 1111 (Unknown)
11) 0100 (Unknown) / 0000 (Unknown)
12) 0 (Unknown) / -
13) 0 (Unknown) / -
14) 0100 (Unknown) / 0
15) 1 (Unknown) / 0
16) 99 / 2010
17) 0 (Unknown) / 0
18) - / 0
19) ---d / ----

I found there are 19 modes instead of the mentioned 18.

Other useless/useful facts are:
AUII XLS EGAS ute automatic ... was parked and turned off (ignition in ON position for the DIAG to work ... driver's door was open ... lights off ... stereo on.

Wondering what other people got ...

Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Also Code 1 minus Code 7 = the difference your guage is meant to show you and when you really have in the tank .... mine is 9L difference.
Old 25-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Cool. How do you get into the diag mode, and then how do you get out of it?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=34
Old 25-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

There's also an E-Series one as well on the FordMods site ... I printed it out for a mate at work ... easier to enter the E-Series one though.

But for the AU DIAG mode ... you need to look at your watch to get it just right though ... you know when you are in though ... it goes blank .... and then flashes "f0rd"
Old 25-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks Mechan1K, I'll give a try this arvo.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
sickxr
Ford POWER!

:( I had a go and during lunch n i couldnt get in!
sickxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to make sure the timing is exactly correct... I still havent gotten in, or been bothered to try.
Old 25-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #9
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

With the timing, the timing begins from the moment you turn the key to "ON", I tried about 6 times then realised this.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I tried it first time .... then realised it might help looking at my watch the 2nd time (analogue watch) ... and got in the 2nd time easy.

Adrian: ... did you get rid of the BA??? Just wondering seeing as I just read your signature.
Old 25-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #11
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Basically, pick up a Mazda 6 on tuesday. The fairmont has several issues, disapointed. Car has lost a ridculous amount of value, managed to score an extremely good trade in deal.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #12
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Hi,

I tried this mode stuff in my EF and what i didn't like about it was the fact that it would revert to normal settings after a certain period of time. Has anyone tried this for the AU and does it stay on the mode one selects permanently. Oh another thing, i have heard from many people that when the diagnostic mode exits after a predetermined time it momentarily cuts all signals from all gauges scaring many people.
Old 25-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #13
sickxr
Ford POWER!

Arrhh i got in, took me like 10 goes! How painful, some handy info tho, pitty it doesnt tell me what gear im in (manual)
Old 26-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #14
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Hi,

I tried this mode stuff in my EF and what i didn't like about it was the fact that it would revert to normal settings after a certain period of time. Has anyone tried this for the AU and does it stay on the mode one selects permanently. Oh another thing, i have heard from many people that when the diagnostic mode exits after a predetermined time it momentarily cuts all signals from all gauges scaring many people.
I would like to know that also will it stay in the selected mode?
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2005, 10:39 AM   #15
sickxr
Ford POWER!

Mine has been on it for 3 days now, and ive done around 100km's!
Old 27-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #16
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickxr
Mine has been on it for 3 days now, and ive done around 100km's!
Looks promising then. I might try it soon and see how it goes. I would like to see how the temp is on the XR and the oil pressure.
Old 28-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #17
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

yeah i did this when it came onto ford mods a while back, both my AU's got into it 1st go,its a little fun
Old 28-11-2005, 01:15 AM   #18
Steve_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Looks promising then. I might try it soon and see how it goes. I would like to see how the temp is on the XR and the oil pressure.
Sorry mate but yours is AUII yeah? - LCD diags only shows the same as the gauges for oil pres. and ECT - so oil pres. will just show bogus reading of 50 and ECT will be accurate (from 35deg or so) up to 92.0deg where it will stop until engine gets toward overheating at 110deg plus. Actually now I think about it, oil pres. may show 00 or some other arbitary figure.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #19
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Mine showed 94 deg for ECT ... but the car has been turned off (ie: fans and water pump were off) ... I might try and see what it does while idling ... and see if it changes at all.
Old 29-11-2005, 03:49 AM   #20
Steve_T

That's interesting - I thought they were all set at 92.0deg. limit - maybe yours is different 'cause it's a low series cluster - I've only seen the reading on high series ones before which is 92. - be interesting to see if others with low series clusters have theirs sitting on 94.0deg. also...?
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 04:51 AM   #21
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I might also try it when it is dead cold and see what i get too.
Old 30-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #22
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just out of interest, can you switch modes while driving or is it a case of pick ya favourite and dont touch?
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I am pretty sure you can still cycle through them while driving ... just buy tapping the odometer reset button ... trying to find out with mode you want is hard ... best to keep the list handy I guess.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:14 AM   #24
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i did it with a watch next to me to accurately time the button presses.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #25
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Just out of interest, can you switch modes while driving or is it a case of pick ya favourite and dont touch?

yes you can stuff around with it while driving, the novelty of it wears off very fast.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post