Australian Ford Forums

Australian Ford Forums (https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php)
-   ASL automedia (https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Replacement Fan Decal (https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11483626)

mad2 06-04-2020 09:34 PM

Replacement Fan Decal

Hi, just wondering if you do a replacement XR fan speed decal for single zone units?

Thanks

Ps. tried website link but just times out.

Linz 07-04-2020 02:25 AM

Re: Replacement Fan Decal

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad2 (Post 6422557)
Hi, just wondering if you do a replacement XR fan speed decal for single zone units?

Thanks

Ps. tried website link but just times out.

I think you'll find you need the recirculate /fresh knob decal mate as the fan speed decal is the same XT to XR6.

GTLEGEND 07-04-2020 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the image below, which decal are you chasing, the one on right or left?

Attachment 102761

mad2 07-04-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linz (Post 6422664)
I think you'll find you need the recirculate /fresh knob decal mate as the fan speed decal is the same XT to XR6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTLEGEND
Look at the image below, which decal are you chasing, the one on right or left?

Attachment 102761

one on the right which IS different as my original is green & the one i tried putting on is blue.

GTLEGEND 07-04-2020 01:39 PM

What year and model do you have?

There are only two listed XR being blue/black or non XR white/black. No green mentioned at all??

mad2 11-04-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTLEGEND (Post 6422785)
What year and model do you have?

There are only two listed XR being blue/black or non XR white/black. No green mentioned at all??

Hi. to stop the confusion, i have fitted xr fan speed decal to a xt/futura in place of the original xt/futura decal and a xr cluster to a 2003 ba futura wagon. currently not sure if the cluster was from a 2003 or 2004?. the xr icc i have no idea what year it's from & currently unable to look at whats left of that particular icc. the green mentioned is the base model/xt/furura piece (decal). i tried to 'clean' the old glue of the xr decal & broke it. just trying to see if there are any replacement decals for the xr available - as in the blue/black decal.

hopefully that clears up the mud and everyone reading understands what i'm currently after.

Cheers

GTLEGEND 11-04-2020 01:09 PM

Blue/Black decal, part number BA 18D557 A, I had a search around and there are non left at any Ford supply. Luck is with Ebay or someone who may have bought some in the past.

mad2 11-04-2020 04:27 PM

thanks for that, but going by the earlier link you put up i need BA18D557B for the fan speed decal with BA18D557A being for the cooling/heating decal.

cheers

Linz 11-04-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad2 (Post 6424883)
Hi. to stop the confusion, i have fitted xr fan speed decal to a xt/futura in place of the original xt/futura decal and a xr cluster to a 2003 ba futura wagon. currently not sure if the cluster was from a 2003 or 2004?. the xr icc i have no idea what year it's from & currently unable to look at whats left of that particular icc. the green mentioned is the base model/xt/furura piece (decal). i tried to 'clean' the old glue of the xr decal & broke it. just trying to see if there are any replacement decals for the xr available - as in the blue/black decal.

hopefully that clears up the mud and everyone reading understands what i'm currently after.

Cheers

Yep, you're after the blue XR fan speed decal on the right...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ba13cd56_b.jpgP9020186 by Linz, on Flickr

ASL used to have them in stock, as I contacted Fadi requesting new ones and they were sent to me in the mail.

GTLEGEND 11-04-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad2 (Post 6424981)
thanks for that, but going by the earlier link you put up i need BA18D557B for the fan speed decal with BA18D557A being for the cooling/heating decal.

cheers

You don't use the reference number off the catalogue as a part number, they are just a reference.

The decal on the right (fan speed) has two options:

XR Blue/Black: BA 18D557 A

Non XR White/Black: BA 18D557 B

Decal on left (temperature) also has two options:

STANDARD, FOR TEMPERATURE SWITCH: BA 18D557 C

FOR TEMPERATURE SWITCH (UTILITY, (-)XR/F6 OR (-)GT/GT-P/PURSUIT): BA 19L962 AA.

mad2 11-04-2020 07:27 PM

ohh ok. thanks for the clarification :dance

Linz 11-04-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linz (Post 6422664)

Oooopps, disregard that...I meant the heat control decal is the same colour XT to XR6 :doh:doh:doh

mad2 12-04-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linz (Post 6425264)
Oooopps, disregard that...I meant the heat control decal is the same colour XT to XR6 :doh:doh:doh

lol Linz

ok. it appears that the decal i need is no longer available :( so unless someone on here is hoarding sum i'm outa luck.. so 1 important lesson has now been learnt. i will be carefull with the next :lol :doh

GTLEGEND 12-04-2020 08:38 PM

ok. it appears that the decal i need is no longer available :( so unless someone on here is hoarding sum i'm outa luck.. so 1 important lesson has now been learnt. i will be carefull with the next :lol :doh[/QUOTE]

Have ASL come back to you with an answer on parts supply as well?

GTLEGEND 12-04-2020 09:56 PM

I believe Dave from Grafix Unlimited has them or can make them.

Contact details in the below link.

https://www.grafixunlimited.com.au/

mad2 12-04-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTLEGEND (Post 6425724)
ok. it appears that the decal i need is no longer available :( so unless someone on here is hoarding sum i'm outa luck.. so 1 important lesson has now been learnt. i will be carefull with the next :lol :doh

Have ASL come back to you with an answer on parts supply as well?

what i could check on website didn't show any decal. currently stuck on my ph only.

Quote:

thanks for that.

mad2 13-04-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTLEGEND (Post 6425762)

tried to message them but unable to use their message form for some stupid reason :doh :raisedeye

Ps. i don't think it liked my address ?

GTLEGEND 13-04-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad2 (Post 6426292)
tried to message them but unable to use their message form for some stupid reason :doh :raisedeye

Best to contact Dave by email on sales@grafixunlimited.com.au or on either phone numbers in the contact section on the website.

mad2 15-04-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad2 (Post 6426292)

Best to contact Dave by email on sales@grafixunlimited.com.au or on either phone numbers in the contact section on the website.

done & no ring back yet.

GTLEGEND 15-04-2020 10:14 PM

Busy man, be patient, he usually best replies to email.

mad2 16-04-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTLEGEND (Post 6427260)
Busy man, be patient, he usually best replies to email.

? i am being patient :raisedeye

prob will send a email.