View Single Post
Old 28-08-2021, 06:53 PM   #130
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

The Mk1 Focus Wiper/indicator and clockspring all seem to be quite similar to the Mk6 Fiesta. Uncannily similar in fact. There is a version of the Mk1 Focus Clockspring that supports stability control AND cruise control, so it has more wires passing through it. The clockspring for an XR4 I have here is noteable in that it has a lot of free pins but there is not connection to them - the Mk1 must simply wire up another pin an pass it through. Since the inside of a clocksprint is just coiled ribbon wire - I wonder if it's possible to replace the clcokspring ribbon with one with more wires on it, and allow for the pass-throgh of the cruise control single wire AND radio button single wire - and make use of the Mk7 Fiesta wheel with all the buttons on it???

I see on some of the Mk6 facebook groups that many people are actually doing a Mk7 wheen swap on a Mk6. They mention using the Mk6 Airbag Squib to make it work. I wonder if there is a write-up somewhere?