View Single Post
Old 26-05-2020, 10:39 PM   #56
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: I'm conflicted. AU or BA or BF XR8 coupe-utility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
Because if I go that way, there's no way on ^%$#%^$& earth I'd buy it from here.

I'd go find one in Japan if I went that way, and I'm not that enamored with one of them boats to bother. Besides which, there are a bunch more interesting things if I bothered to buy a plane ticket and go find something fruity in Jay Ay Pan.

Unless I give one a date with a demo saw to get my ute. ;)

(And there's no reason why whatever I get doesn't actually end up in Japan because I can't tell what the future holds, and they have personal import rules like we do here.)

Holden is out, they're cursed. Every one myself or my family has ever owned has ended badly. VH SL/X with thong slapper, smacked into on the freeway. HQ Prem 202, stolen and run into a pole. Gemini, rear ended someone-side swiped someone-half rolled it dead. Not tempting fate there, or it might be coming in 3's. If I went that way, I think the mechanic next door at work is still selling his VF SS V. Proper money for it, but again, needs some work with a gas axe and demo saw to make it what I want.

I'll need to get out there to suck and see a few. I'm not set on anything yet, other than some ideas depending on where I end up. If a mint AU, then I'll just spruce it up and leave it mostly as is. If a need of help AU, then it'll get 'fixed'. If a BA/BF, then I don't know what. Maybe a little fiddling but likely I'll leave it boring and just drive it as is. I'm kinda past trying to make the planet spin faster, and a ute is the wrong tool to attempt doing that anyway IMHO. But a spinkling of top end on a Windsor isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

And it's my car. My own car. I don't have to share it with anyone if I don't want to, and it doesn't have to give anyone else a fizz but myself. It'll carry some stuff around occasionally, maybe drag some things around as well, but mostly just something that makes good noises, has some decent squirt and isn't flogged out and crap. Old is fine, needing love also works. Having it in bits every weekend to keep it running isn't what I'm after, even if I can probably even swing that all things considered.

Been a pretty good thread all the same, much better than I expected and thank you all for that.

Stu.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: