Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #61
Aeron
DJR Fan

I know you're not knocking it mate. I too realise that the T6 isn't god.
My mods are CAI, K&N and centre muffler removed.
Ran a 14.021 @ 98.71Mph with these mods and slipping clutch. Not enough to kill the Boss.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #62
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
xr6t and xr8 and gt fuel consumption are all within 10% of each other and thirsty . so what ****ers buy these cars and then crap on about economy?????
V8 ANYDAY AND EVERYDAY . . F6 YEAH YEAH. if price is an option then the cheapest is xr6t .
Well said.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #63
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I know you're not knocking it mate. I too realise that the T6 isn't god.
My mods are CAI, K&N and centre muffler removed.
Ran a 14.021 @ 98.71Mph with these mods and slipping clutch. Not enough to kill the Boss.
Still a good result, would loved to have raced you when mine was stock.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #64
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
Well said.
diddo!
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #65
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I have just came back from a drive in a DJR-320 with a Vortex supercharger and giggle gas... My final words are. If you want a fast stock car, get yourself a T/F6. If you want a car with soul and will leave a T/F6 for dead, Then get the BOSS and Supercharge it. A turbo 6 wont stand a chance against a SC 260/290....

By the way, the DJR was simply orgasmic.
I think you should start a thread on this s/c 320!! :the_finge
Old 20-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #66
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Does the DJR have the same block as the BOSS 260/290? Remember something about it being a lighter one. I'm sure I'm wrong on this just need clarification?
The BA DJR-320 have the same block as the 260/290. The BF DJR-000? have a GT alloy block. The DJR I went in today had a iron block.... Man I still can't get the smile of my dial. By the way it was running 6psi. Tomorrow it will be boasted up to 13psi and a new tune. NOS is 100hp shot...

AWESOME

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #67
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
I'd still recommend you go do yourself a favour and drive them one after the other before you make your decision. You'd only be denying yourself your honest impression if you bought the XR8 without even driving the XR6T. If it doesn't sway you - great, but at least you'd know you looked at both options

They are both great cars and each have their advantages. You'll know what you love after you drive them both, go with your heart : To many people don't give the other option it's credit - they are both beautiful examples of aussie motoring muscle.
This is sensible advice, I would definately do this but I'm not looking at buying at the moment to be honest this thread was just an excuse to talk some crap about the xr8 and see if anyone else had had the same kind of experience.
Old 20-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #68
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
The BA DJR-320 have the same block as the 260/290. The BF DJR-000? have a GT alloy block. The DJR I went in today had a iron block.... Man I still can't get the smile of my dial. By the way it was running 6psi. Tomorrow it will be boasted up to 13psi and a new tune. NOS is 100hp shot...

AWESOME
Awsome just awsome, i'd assume he's got a built engine in that thing if he's planning on running that much boost. Should be good for about 6oo-7oorwhp. Any chance in getting him on the forums i'd love to know more about the setup.

There's no BF DJR's being made, they lost the body kit supplier so it's dead now.
Old 20-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #69
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

AWESOME
Is the owner a member of the forums?
Old 20-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #70
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Awsome just awsome, i'd assume he's got a built engine in that thing if he's planning on running that much boost. Should be good for about 6oo-7oorwhp. Any chance in getting him on the forums i'd love to know more about the setup.

There's no BF DJR's being made, they lost the body kit supplier so it's dead now.
TOO SLOW!!!
Old 20-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #71
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
I think you should start a thread on this s/c 320!! :the_finge
I will. Thanks..

BOSS ROCKS

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #72
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I will. Thanks..

BOSS ROCKS
Oh by the way I wasn't ИИИИty cos you were taking over the thread!!! - I just realized it could have been taken this way lol sorry mate, PLEASE TELL US MORE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #73
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I like the wheel spin factor of the XR8 over the XR6T. There is this XR8 that I see at work. When he drives out of the car park, he sets off slow in 1st then pops it into 2nd with a boot full, and it smokes the tyres. My XR6T cant do that :( :(
Sounds like an expensive past time anyway mate!!!:
Old 20-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #74
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR

Um yes there are BF DJR's being made. the supplier of the body has been or will be getting resurrected. DJ him self has the new DJR now, with Alloy GT block. I have seen it once already and I dare say I will see it again very, very soon. If permitted I take a pic and post it.....

Unlikely to get this fellow on line. He is a millionaire with better things to do with his time.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #75
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
Oh by the way I wasn't ИИИИty cos you were taking over the thread!!! - I just realized it could have been taken this way lol sorry mate, PLEASE TELL US MORE!!!!!!!!!!
No offence was taken. and the mood I am in I don't think I could be offended, I still have that grin from ear to ear.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 20-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #76
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Um yes there are BF DJR's being made. the supplier of the body has been or will be getting resurrected. DJ him self has the new DJR now, with Alloy GT block. I have seen it once already and I dare say I will see it again very, very soon. If permitted I take a pic and post it.....
Stop teasing with these tit bits and give us the low down!, please? lol
Will it have a wheelie bin lid stuck to the bonnet.........:

Quote:
Unlikely to get this fellow on line. He is a millionaire with better things to do with his time.
Damn these people that have lives....
Old 20-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #77
RATT

My opinion was the same as Aerons, at the time of purchase I would have bought the XR8 if the funds had permitted. But now I'm glad I have the XR6T.

I say if you're on a smaller budget and only have up to $2000 to spend on mods, the T is the way to go. Easy mid 13sec car. More money to spend? Go the 8 and attach a blower to it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #78
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
More money to spend? Go the 8 and attach a blower to it.
:sm_headba
Old 20-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #79
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
My opinion was the same as Aerons, at the time of purchase I would have bought the XR8 if the funds had permitted. But now I'm glad I have the XR6T.

I say if you're on a smaller budget and only have up to $2000 to spend on mods, the T is the way to go. Easy mid 13sec car. More money to spend? Go the 8 and attach a blower to it.
Sounds fair.
Old 21-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #80
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Meh .... I'd prefer an XLS ute 5.4L 220kW V8 ... on injected LPG .... with some nice mods from ACE ... hmmmm ... that sounds more like fun to me.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:33 AM   #81
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Bought a BA XR8, test drove one and fell in love, so bought it with out test driving Turbo. Then when Mk2 come out, wanted to test drive car with six speed. Only Turbo available. That is when I found out what I was missing out on. Mods or no mods the Turbo is the better car. So I bought one.
Old 21-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #82
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had exactly the same experience, test drove both and left with an XR8. Worth the extra money and then some!

Watch all the six boys eat crow when the next lot of V8's come out. NOTHING will get me out of the seat of a V8.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #83
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I had exactly the same experience, test drove both and left with an XR8. Worth the extra money and then some!

Watch all the six boys eat crow when the next lot of V8's come out. NOTHING will get me out of the seat of a V8.
Anyone know anything about the next 8's?
Old 21-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #84
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:

I can only assume your talking about the FPV v8's, i doubt we'll see anything to quick out of ford.
Old 21-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #85
BAturb

I had an AU XR8, I decided to upgrade to the BA so I thought more kws bigger V8 Ill get the XR8, that is untill I test drove one, felt real sluggish compared to the AU, then I took a Turbo for a test drive, well I was so impresed I bought one that afternoon and have never looked back, the decision to buy the T was the best I have ever made, it is so easy to mod and what a rush driving it, go the XR6 Turbo

Dyno figures are just Numbers!!!

Winner best Ford ute any model
07 Adelaide all Ford day
BAturb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #86
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally I love the sound of the XR6T - step on the peddle and you can really hear the turbo wind up pssssssssssss sound. Just builds and throws you back in the seat.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #87
russellmurr
Russ

Hi

I have a question for you, I have a 04 BA XR8 BOSS 260 how much does the Cold Air Induction help, and is it worth having the chip EDITED.

Thanks
Russellm
russellmurr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post